FT Disparity

BadgerFan

That's subjective, but when it's called all over the league amongst stars and non-stars, then it's fair game and the norm. To use it to show how biased the refs are against the Pacers/Sixers is stupid.

Yeah I agree with everything you are saying besides the fact that it wasn't a charge. According to the norms of how officials officiate it would be a shooting foul 9/10 times but according to the rule book that was an offensive foul.

And like I said before, even if the refs are being a bit biased this topic is an awful attempt to try to prove that point.

Yeah I agree with everything you are saying besides the fact that it wasn't a charge. According to the norms of how officials officiate it would be a shooting foul 9/10 times but according to the rule book that was an offensive foul.

Young didn't have the position on Wade for it to be an offensive foul. It should either be a no-call or a foul on Young, because he was impeding his progress. Ideally, it should be a no-call, but that's the way the NBA is officiated now.

• Like 2

Young didn't have the position on Wade for it to be an offensive foul. It should either be a no-call or a foul on Young, because he was impeding his progress. Ideally, it should be a no-call, but that's the way the NBA is officiated now.

Lowering of the shoulder in order to initiate contact should always be a charge. I wouldn't even say Young was impeding his progress. It looked like Wade tried to initiate the contact in that situation. I mean it's the NBA so clearly they don't want anyone to actually play good D on a star player but in this case I think that was extremely solid D.

• Owner

The foul was called on the contact with Wade's leg, which he initiated himself. Bad call.

Here's the clip. Hear the whistle, see the ref's hand, and see when the foul is called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBtoJpONR7w

Offensive foul, because there was nothing called on the initial bump.

The foul was called on the contact with Wade's leg, which he initiated himself. Bad call.

Here's the clip. Hear the whistle, see the ref's hand, and see when the foul is called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBtoJpONR7w

Offensive foul, because there was nothing called on the initial bump.

I was thinking the same thing at first, but you could always just say it was delayed call...or chalk it up to human delay

• Owner

I was thinking the same thing at first, but you could always just say it was delayed call...or chalk it up to human delay

Pretty big delay, then. He already had the whistle ready (yet didn't blow it sooner), and he didn't raise his hand until the shot was already out of Wade's, and nearly in the basket.

People use FT disparity to say what they want it to say.

If the Heat shoots 20 more FTs than the 76ers then 'OMG BIASED'.

When the Thunder shoot 20 more FTs than the Lakers 'GOOD JOB AT GETTING TO THE LINE.'

The tune would be completely different if Philly were shooting way more FTs than the Heat.

Y'all as inconsistent as the refs.

• Like 1