Grizzlies agree to 4 year deal with Zach Randolph

Dash

That is quite a bit of money, when did the Grizzlies decide to start shelling out cash?

No clue but you have to hand it to the ownership for spending so much this year. First Rudy Gay's max deal, then Conley's big extension, a $71 million commitment to Zach Randolph and soon Marc Gasol.

[/b]

Hopefully not lol

After this I am positive that Memphis will match ANY offer for Gasol. Better start thinking DeAndre Jordan although I'm sure he'll be matched too.

After this I am positive that Memphis will match ANY offer for Gasol. Better start thinking DeAndre Jordan although I'm sure he'll be matched too.

Do they have enough dough to match every offer? I dont see how they will still have that much money, after all Conley, Gay, and now ZBo are making serious bank.

It's more than a good move for the Grizzlies! it's BIG BIG news for Memphis franchise and fans. Zach has been a monster since the Grizzlies have acquired him from New York Knicks! last year he has averaged around 20 points and 10 rebounds a game, this season he has averaged 20 points and 12 rebounds a game and in the Spurs Vs Grizzlies series first game, Zach got 25 points and 14 rebounds. He's been very effective for Memphis so it's great and very important news for Memphis

If there's a hardcap, there's no way they can afford Gasol and Mayo. With the massive contracts of Conley, Gay, and now Z-bo they could be in some serious financial trouble.

As long as there isn't a hard cap I think they will be fine.

As long as there isn't a hard cap I think they will be fine.

Probably, but I still don't agree with the timing of this move. I'm happy for Zach, he's really turned his career around, but they should've waited till the CBA is all sorted out.

Probably, but I still don't agree with the timing of this move. I'm happy for Zach, he's really turned his career around, but they should've waited till the CBA is all sorted out.

They should have probably tried to trim a couple million off the extension but it would have been a huge insult to Randolph to make him wait his extension after all he's done.

They should have probably tried to trim a couple million off the extension but it would have been a huge insult to Randolph to make him wait his extension after all he's done.

Waiting a few months wouldn't make a difference. They instilled confidence in him before the playoffs had started, they publicly stated that he will be back, it's hardly an insult to him. They should be more worried about their financial situation moving forward.

Waiting a few months wouldn't make a difference. They instilled confidence in him before the playoffs had started, they publicly stated that he will be back, it's hardly an insult to him. They should be more worried about their financial situation moving forward.

Then what is the problem? If he was going to be getting paid anyways then why not give the guy his big contract right away instead of making him wait?

Hard cap or not, the Grizzlies are back to rotting in mediocrity if Randolph slithers away.

Then what is the problem? If he was going to be getting paid anyways then why not give the guy his big contract right away instead of making him wait?

Hard cap or not, the Grizzlies are back to rotting in mediocrity if Randolph slithers away.

Because they have a better idea of their situation after giving him the money.

And the Grizzlies are in a good position with or without Randolph. The trio of Gasol, Gay, and Conley is very good moving forward.

Because they have a better idea of their situation after giving him the money.

Heisley is taking part in the labor negotiations, if there was serious talk for a hard cap then I doubt he would have handed out $17 million so swiftly because Zach wasn't going to get much more than $12-13 million in free agency.

Besides Memphis screwed themselves out of any financial flexibility when they handed Rudy Gay his max deal.

And the Grizzlies are in a good position with or without Randolph. The trio of Gasol, Gay, and Conley is very good moving forward.

'Very good' as in perennial first round fodder then sure. Zach takes them to the next level with a healthy Grizzlies team.