GM2: New York at Boston (BOS 1-0)

Real Deal

....Not our year I guess...D'antoni's gotta go man, how does he consistently ignore the hot hand at the end of games? How is that insane 3 in Pierce's grill the last shot Melo takes? -_- We'll get em Friday? Just so emotionally drained, I can imagine how the team feels...

lol.. you have a full timeout, and your plan on the inbounds play is to go through Jared Jeffries? I can't wait until this clown D'Antoni is gone, embarrassing management in back to back playoff games. Inexcusable.

Do ho ho, Jeffries scored our last two points, they'll never expect it again.. feed him in the post

[expletive]ing clown.

Disappointing. Melo with one of the closest things you'll ever see to a Jordan-like performance. Incredible, simply that. That's puttin da team on your back doe 101.

To even be that close to winning without Amar'e or Chauncey is a true testament to the character of the Knicks. I can still say I'm proud to be a Knicks fan. Let's go get the next two at the Garden.

lol.. you have a full timeout, and your plan on the inbounds play is to go through Jared Jeffries? I can't wait until this clown D'Antoni is gone, embarrassing management in back to back playoff games. Inexcusable.

[expletive]ing clown.

Lmao @ the quote :lol:

Glad everyone is finally seeing how horrible D'Antoni is, if they hadn't already.

lmao, tabloid headline tomorrow..

HE WENT TO JARED?!

How is D'Antoni at all at fault here?

The play went to Melo, Melo gets doubled. He has to find the open guy. Jeffries is wide open. If Garnett doesn't get his hand (luckily) in the passing lane, Walker has a layup and Knicks most likely win. This particular game has nothing to do with D'Antoni. His coaching was fine.

• Like 1

• Owner

I can't stand D'Antoni because he looks like the Pringles guy, and he is an overrated coach, but that last play was the smart thing to do. Garnett is just a really good defensive player. If anything were to change, Jeffries should've just put the ball up.

JYD I think you're D'Antoni's only fanboy left in existence.. there uniqueness in that, at least!

I like the guy, I think he's a good coach. D'Antoni's guys scrapped and played their heart out tonight. We came up short, but tonight, it was not because of him.

I thought he got severely outcoached in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter in Gm 1. Tonight, no, he didn't. At some point, the players have to play and you can't blame the coach. Cmon man.

I missed the game but lol at Knick fans blaming Dantoni. I'm sure the play was designed for Melo since he had the ball but was forced to give it up to Jeffries because he got doubled so its obviously the players fault. Dont see how you could possibly blame Dantoni. :blink:

Btw, crazy statline for Melo. 42 points, 17 rebounds, and 6 assists. :o

• Like 1

I missed the game but lol at Knick fans blaming Dantoni. I'm sure the play was designed for Melo since he had the ball but was forced to give it up to Jeffries because he got doubled so its obviously the players fault. Dont see how you could possibly blame Dantoni. :blink:

It's even worse to admit his playcall was 'give the ball to Melo on the wing and see what happens', especially when he was doubled most of the 4th quarter.

You need to have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options on a last possession play. #2 can't be feeding the ball in the post and letting it go through Jared Jeffries.

It's even worse to admit his playcall was 'give the ball to Melo on the wing and see what happens', especially when he was doubled most of the 4th quarter.

You need to have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th options on a last possession play. #2 can't be feeding the ball in the post and letting it go through Jared Jeffries.

The play is pretty much give the ball to Melo, wait for him to get doubled and find the open man. Then go from there and trust your players to make the right play and get a basket but it hurt not having Amare either obviously.

Melo had no opportunity to get a shot up after he hit that 3 in Pierce's face, they were doubling him every touch, and had a double waiting before he even would get the ball. D'Antoni's not at fault here, the Knicks shouldn't even have been within 20pts of the Celtics with Amare and Billups out. Melo was absolutely amazing.

The play is pretty much give the ball to Melo, wait for him to get doubled and find the open man. Then go from there and trust your players to make the right play and get a basket but it hurt not having Amare either obviously.

You can't use that approach with the players that were on the court, especially not when the ball ends up in the hands of a guy who had like 49 points during the regular season with the Knicks. Not in the final possession of a playoff game.

You can't use that approach with the players that were on the court, especially not when the ball ends up in the hands of a guy who had like 49 points during the regular season with the Knicks. Not in the final possession of a playoff game.

That's the issue, the players that were on the court. When you're working with a bunch of bench warmers who had done little to nothing all game, there's not much you can do except give Melo the ball and expect him to make the correct play. If you were expecting D'Antoni to create this amazing play to get one of those guys an open dunk at the rim against one of the best defenses in the league, you're fooling yourself.

BTW, Jeffries was 5-7 from the field tonight, and was the 3rd leading scorer tonight for the Knicks (with Melo and Douglas, who was 5-16, scoring more than him). As I said, with what D'Antoni had to work with, there wasn't much more that could be done.

LOL, the ball could have either gone to Mason jr, Douglas, or Walker. Pick one. Melo made the right decision in giving Jeffries the ball but KG just made a great defensive play. Also Jeffries was the one who have you guys the lead before KG made that fadeaway so there was nothing wrong in giving him the ball right next to the hoop.

What the hell do you draw up there, then? You know what's coming...you gotta find the open guy and hope he can make a play within 5 ft of the basket...

Exactly...

What would you draw up Coach K?

That's the issue, the players that were on the court. When you're working with a bunch of bench warmers who had done little to nothing all game, there's not much you can do except give Melo the ball and expect him to make the correct play. If you were expecting D'Antoni to create this amazing play to get one of those guys an open dunk at the rim against one of the best defenses in the league, you're fooling yourself.

BTW, Jeffries was 5-7 from the field tonight, and was the 3rd leading scorer tonight for the Knicks (with Melo and Douglas, who was 5-16, scoring more than him). As I said, with what D'Antoni had to work with, there wasn't much more that could be done.

Yeah, seriously, the play wasn't that bad. As I said, if Jeffries makes a better pass, Knicks win. Walker was prettty open cutting to the hoop.

You're right, feeding the ball to Jared Jeffries in the post with 10 seconds left in a one possession playoff game is perfectly acceptable. I don't know what I was thinking.

LOL, the ball could have either gone to Mason jr, Douglas, or Walker. Pick one.

I'm fine with that. Pick one, pick any one. Jared Jeffries is the most incompetent offensive player on this team. He's less apt on offense than Turiaf.

Inbounds to Steve Nash, fed down low to Garret Siler for the win. You happy with that to end a playoff game?

Melo made the right decision in giving Jeffries the ball but KG just made a great defensive play. Also Jeffries was the one who have you guys the lead before KG made that fadeaway so there was nothing wrong in giving him the ball right next to the hoop.

lol.. if that's your reasoning, there's no sense arguing with you.

What the hell do you draw up there, then? You know what's coming...you gotta find the open guy and hope he can make a play within 5 ft of the basket...

What would you draw up Coach K?

Have guys curling off screens at the top of the key and flashing to the basket, to give Melo some options when he has the ball? Double screen to give Melo room to breathe? Take out Jared Jeffries and throw Shawne Williams in there, so you have a guy who can catch and pass the ball? Any(every)thing other than feeding Jared Jeffries in the post?