GM2: Denver at Oklahoma City (OKC 1-0)

Why do you keep saying that when he's sinking them?

Because Durant is killin it this quarter, why not just feed him the ball? Westbrook will hit one, then miss his next 2 or three.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/43/90811910_4bd1985f37.jpg

That was a very easy win for the Thunder. As soon as they knocked down every jump shot and started building a huge 26 points lead, they were already on the road for a 2-0 series lead.

We came out flat in the first quarter although we played Game 1 on Sunday. No energy on offense, let alone defense. The defense, spectacular in the first 18 games after trade, is non-existent... it's not the Thunder are this good, they're very good, but not this good! The thing that makes the Thunder so good now is the momentum they ride now, and as a team we did nothing to stop it.

We keep playing small ball although we were clearly pounded on the boards, Karl does not want to take risk with Mozgov or Koufos although both are legit mobile 7 footers (esp Mozgov). Bird did not even play in 2nd half. WTF is that? J.R. took 6 shots, and he had to be the scapegoat as usual, although Felton and the others had their share of bad shot selection. J.R. is far and away our most explosive offense creator, he creates for himself and for others, so I don't see why Karl needs to bench him.

Questionable (or non-existent) timeouts and subtitutions, and play calling... Karl is a great regular season coach, but in playoffs, he is simply, dare I say, clueless.

---

The Rockets fired Adelman although he led them to 22 straight wins in one stretch, and made them compete every night. They have a very high standard. I'm hoping the new Nuggets management of Ujiri and Josh also have high standard and fire his ass.

He's just not good enough in the playoffs.

• Owner

Denver couldn't defend that early surge, and they couldn't hit shots. You can't stick the blame on Karl.

And, your two bigs (Moz and Koufos) can't score the ball, and neither can Birdman. What's the point of having them in? The Thunder were shooting jumpers the entire game (65 of them, to be exact), or getting out on the break, so it wasn't about protecting the paint.

Could've done better grabbing boards, but even Nene and Martin were struggling trying to keep the Thunder off the offensive glass.

In fact, 18 of the Thunder's 54 boards were grabbed by guards (Durant is an SF).

Looked more like Perkins and Ibaka doing a better job of boxing out, and allowing those guards to get in there and get the boards, than anything else.

As usual my stream stunk I could hardly watch anything, but my comment is echoed by other Nugget fans who watched it. We came out flat... for a team that competed in Game 1, and had 2 days off, a must-win situation (it's not like we're the Pacers waiting to get murdered by the Bulls, and the Pacers were competitive) this was inexcusable.

But I beg to differ regarding our bigs.

- Mozgov played well and was so mobile. He doesn't fumble passes, he is not a stiff and has some post moves... (he had a nice game vs. Lakers). He can score, and his legit 7 foot and habit to box out allow him to rebound the ball easily.

- Koufos played well in the minutes he got when Mozgov was hurt. If you go to Nuggets official website, you'll find a Koufos practice video where he had some awesome dunks (by a 7 foot standard)... he's athletic, he doesn't have rock hands.

- Bird was a disappointment up to Melo trade... Since trade it seemed like he got his mojo back, he got his hops, he ran like he did 2 years ago, he finished alley oops strong, he finished in the paint with strong dunks off assists by the guards, he blocks shots... Bird can't create anything, but the chemistry between him and Ty, him and Felton, and him and J.R. give us the much-needed athleticism when the offense struggles. If you base your comments on Bird on the first half of the season, I wouldn't blame you, most Nugget fans wanted him traded or DNP-CD'd but since trade Bird has been awesome...

- Everyone always thinks KMart is our "best" defender... but in truth he's nowhere near that. His physical days are behind him. He's still physical but dude takes plays off... on defense. I wouldn't really fault him for having bad knees, but everyone thinks Karl made the right decision by playing him gazillion minutes when his knees can't hold up and the young bigs like Koufos and Mozgov don't play.

---

We were getting killed on the boards (by 21, they had 17 offensive rebounds), and why did we look so SMALL and why we insist on being SMALL when we had 3 7 footers pining on the bench? What's the point of the Nuggets insisting on Mozgov to be included in the trade if he doesn't play when the game actually matters? The FO says they like his potential and want him to be part of Nuggets' future... to their and Mozgov credit, he played well when he was given the minutes.

But if you clear your head for a while, and ask a simple question, why the [expletive] are we so small and it's obvious we were getting completely absolutely flooded on the boards, and we have three 7-footers on the bench?

And the thing that bothered me the most is our defense. First quarter is the worst quarter for a playoffs team (I don't care if it is 8th seed vs. 1st seed)... we didn't play defense and the team did not seem to get any message from the coaching staff.

Instead, Karl is worried about Durant and Westbrook getting their points, he keeps saying, "we're gonna put different guys at them." while completely forgetting Harden, Ibaka, Maynor... they're all basically let alone for uncontested attempts. I saw enough from highlights and from other Nugget fans who said this. I mean, how stupid can you be? Durant and Westbrook are gonna get their 35 and 25 points, but it's shutting down the other guys that SHOULD BE the subject in the locker room (e.g. Dwight Howard putting 46 pts, Nelson putting 28pts but Magic lost because noone else scored in double figures against a slumping Hawks team who had entered the playoffs with a 6 game losing streak/ Melo putting 42pts but Knicks lost because Celtics shut down everyone else).

The team played as if it had no pride whatsoever on defense. This feels too much the same in Melo era, where we had no pride on defense. We were getting murdered on that 16-1 run, and there's NO timeout to stop their momentum, NO timeout to wake up the players about the defense, NOTHING. There is a pattern here. Karl just doesn't know defense. He happens to have "pretty good" defenders in Chandler, Gallo, Felton, Ty, Nene, KMart, so the players play the defense, not actually instructed. But when the players are sleepwalking on defense, the coach never calls a timeout because he never actually coaches defense.

I bet Rick Adelman would have gotten more out of this team. It's also cool the fact that the Rockets fired him, so the Nuggets can:

- try to measure up to Rockets' high standard of winning (the coach actually won 22 straight games in one stretch, and in four seasons, he's the winningest coach they've had - percentage wise -)

- and consider hiring him

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

I bet as your Knicks team keeps losing you will find your fat lazy diva's body language on defense, his lack of sense of urgency infuriating. He's gonna be a fat lazy diva in years to come.

Our team's problem isn't the players, it's the coach. At least our players all have great attitude and right approach to the game. The front office is gonna figure out who's the problem and fixes it fast.

Your team's problem is a diva who is a superstar and has more power than your coach. That's tougher to fix.

Enjoy.

I bet as your Knicks team keeps losing you will find your fat lazy diva's body language on defense, his lack of sense of urgency infuriating. He's gonna be a fat lazy diva in years to come.

They won't keep losing. They've been within one possession of the Celtics on the road in their first two playoff games, all in their first (third of a) season together. As the team is built around the core that we have now.. keep losing? That's silly.

Our team's problem isn't the players, it's the coach. At least our players all have great attitude and right approach to the game. The front office is gonna figure out who's the problem and fixes it fast.

Of course it's the coach.

Your team's problem is a diva who is a superstar and has more power than your coach. That's tougher to fix.

Enjoy.

Our problem is a diva who put the entire team on his back, effectively played 1 on 5 against the Celtics, and was within a turnover of beating them on the road in the playoffs?

Doesn't sound like much of a problem at all. I WILL enjoy :glasses:

1 on 5? Sounds like a comment from video gamer to me... Knicks winning title counting on fat lazy diva going 1 on 5 is just that, in video game.

It looked like a video game on the court, too.. did you watch the game? As close to a video game as you can get without being Lebron James. Knicks aren't winning a title this year regardless, and nobody said they were.. so I'm not sure where you're going there.

All you talk about is offense, offense, offense... you have no concept of the makeup of what wins championships.

Feel free to quote where I talked about offense, offense, offense.. I think you're reaching. But alright!

Let me see, you're going all nuts about him scoring 42 pts on impossible shots.

And you do not have problem about his terrible effort whatsoever when he does not have the ball in his hands, e.g. late in fouling Delonte, not going back for defense after his shot was rejected by JO in Game 1, etc?

That's not talking about offense, offense, offense?

Let me see, you're going all nuts about him scoring 42 pts on impossible shots.

Those are your words. I put stock into his 17 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 blocks, and solid defense as well. But then again, I don't have a rooting interest in hating him.

And you do not have problem about his terrible effort whatsoever when he does not have the ball in his hands, e.g. late in fouling Delonte, not going back for defense after his shot was rejected by JO in Game 1, etc?

Brain fart on Delonte, Melo complaining after the JO (foul) block resulted in a 3 on 4 rush by the Celtics.. not as big a deal as you're making it. Two plays out of two games that you can point out (and we all know you're trying to find anti-Melo plays, let's not beat around the bush) don't overwhelm his great play so far.

That's not talking about offense, offense, offense?

Nope.

What defense?

After he was blocked by JO, he stayed on that end, there were 4 Knicks running back for defense, so it was not 3 on 4 "rush". JO, with all bad knees of his, realizing Melo's not gonna play defense, ran, caught the pass and scored. It's not like the C's pulled up for a quick 3, or raced for an uncontested fastbreak layup... it took them long enough to get that bucket... and when you looked closely after the JO block, Melo did not even try to run, he literally stood and slowly walked. It happened millions of times when he was a Nugget.

To have a brain fart in crucial moments of playoffs games is why his team is never gonna beat the likes of Celtics, Lakers. Anyway, Melo always has a brain fart when the ball is not in his hands, no matter what moment (just see my avy). I guess no big deal too because you're too enamored with his 1-0n-5 offense. No team is gonna win a championship when its star going solo.

What defense?

This makes it obvious that you didn't watch the games, but Melo has played good defense in the first two games so far.

After he was blocked by JO, he stayed on that end, there were 4 Knicks running back for defense, so it was not 3 on 4 "rush". JO, with all bad knees of his, realizing Melo's not gonna play defense, ran, caught the pass and scored. It's not like the C's pulled up for a quick 3, or raced for an uncontested fastbreak layup... it took them long enough to get that bucket... and when you looked closely after the JO block, Melo did not even try to run, he literally stood and slowly walked. It happened millions of times when he was a Nugget.

http://i56.tinypic.com/28sakvc.png

3 on 4 rush. love, Nomar.

He walked over and was complaining to the officials, something that happens every game. Why aren't you ragging on Paul Pierce for dogging the play and not getting out on the break? Where was he? Right, he didn't choose to leave your team. lol.

To have a brain fart in crucial moments of playoffs games is why his team is never gonna beat the likes of Celtics, Lakers. Anyway, Melo always has a brain fart when the ball is not in his hands, no matter what moment (just see my avy). I guess no big deal too because you're too enamored with his 1-0n-5 offense. No team is gonna win a championship when its star going solo.

The crucial moments of the playoff game was when he hit Jared Jeffries in the post with a perfect pass, which should have led to the lead and a victory..

No team will win a championship when it's star goes solo.. But it sure as [expletive] helps if a star goes solo in a game where the rest of the talent is [expletive]ing injured and they need the win to even a playoff series.

Hating on his game 2 performance just shows that you're so [expletive]ing bitter. lol. You gonna be mad the rest of his career? Even Cleveland fans can admit when Lebron plays an outstanding game.

http://i53.tinypic.com/ap74ub.png

Haters gonna hate.