GM2: New Orleans at LA Lakers (NOH 1-0)

Pretty entertaining game even though it was low scoring. Didn't expect the Hornets to compete today but actually played pretty well especially defensively. Ariza played amazing on both ends of the floor and was really impressive on the job he did on Kobe. FT's hurt the Hornets big time and was really the deciding factor in this game, if they would have made most of them then the outcome may have been different. LA have their work cut out for them for sure.

I'm callin it right now... Lakers in 5... They won't drop another game. Pau has GOT to wake up sometime. Kobe had an off gale and they still were in control for most of the game.

Ariza had a lot to do with Kobe's struggles, the Hornets either double or collapse on his every time he tries to penetrate. And I don't know how you can be so confident, if New Orleans had made their FT's this would have been a whole different game. The Lakers will have to steal one in NO which will be very hard based on how the Hornets have played them so far.

• Owner

We need to stop going to Gasol in the post. Just treat him like he's Derrick Caracter, and start getting the ball to Drew and Odom much, much more.

I don't think I've ever appreciated Drew more than this, after this particular game. He plays like a man, like a true seven-footer. It's disgusting seeing Gasol flopping around and not running back down the court.

Ariza played very, very good defense on Kobe. However, Bryant did get hit 3-4 times going to the rim, obvious calls, that weren't called. It's hilarious when she asked Phil about it after the third quarter...good of her to bring it up.

Kobe chucked a couple of shots, but I actually didn't mind his shot selection. One or two of them were in the closing seconds of the clock, and GARGOYLE GASOL has cement shoes, and stands 20 feet from the rim and doesn't know what the hell to do against Carl Landry.

I can assure you that Williams has been preaching to the Hornets that they have to be physical with Pau. That has to be one of the main coaching strategies in this series. Pau is getting manhandled...a combined 16 points and 11 rebounds, 4-19 FG, in the first two games of the series.

I thought Kobe did decent on CP3. Paul blew by him 2-3 times, but he did a very good job denying him the ball many times throughout the game.

GREAT game by Drew, though, and same with Odom, who also made Gasol look more like a small forward. Barnes was nice to have out there. Ron didn't do too bad at all, aside from a few missed shots and getting blown by when guarding Ariza (expected of him).

On to New Orleans.

• Like 1

I simply think Gasol and Kobe will step up and have beast games in NO. I don't know what is goin on with Pau's confidence but he has to get it back sometime. Bynum, Odom and even Ron are playin too good right now. We haven't had one game yet when we've been clicking on all cylinders. So that's why I say we will win games 3 and 4 @NO and then come home and win game 5. Kobe will NOT have another shooting night like this. Bynum is ready to be Kobe's #2 it looks like. He wants it. You can see it by how he plays. Again Lakers in 5. Possibly Lakers in 6 but only if Kobe AND Pau both have off nights in the same game again which I don't see happening.

Nice win for the Lakers. They finally tie the series and heading on to New Orleans more secure than they were yesterday before 10:30 ET. Kobe and Pau had an off night but the rest of the team picked up the slack. Now they just have to steal one in NO

• Owner

He scored 6 points (2-13 fg's), and Kobe dropped 34 on him in game 1. ;)

Yeah, a lot of what Ariza did last night was against Fisher and Ron, but that's fine as long as CP3 isn't dropping 30s.