Dwight Howard wins 3rd straight DPOY

Dash

Dwight Howard won his third straight Defensive Player of the Year Award on Monday afternoon.

This was expected and is now confirmed. Howard received an incredible 114 first-place votes, with Chuck Hayes nipping at his heels with two votes of his own. Needless to say, this was an obvious choice. Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler, Tony Allen and Rajon Rondo rounded out the top five.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42648204/ns/sports-player_news/

Chuckwagon doing work. :glasses:

Congrats to Dwight though.

Edited by Dash

I'm more shocked at seeing JaVale McGee receiving a second place vote, and two third place votes. My God, some people put way too much stock on stats, and do not watch enough basketball. I think I've criticized JaVale enough on this board to convince everyone he's just about average when it comes to defense, so I won't go off explaining why this is such a shock to me.

3rd straight Defense Player Of The Year award for Mr.Howard! WOW that's pretty insane! Can't go wrong about this choice though! Even though some other players have been playing great defense, Howard is the best defender due to his important presence in the paint. I thought Ibaka had a chance since he's averaged the most blocks this season BUT Howard is a better overall defender

There's no one that can really stand in his way man...

A healthy Greg Oden can. Is there even such a thing as a healthy Greg Oden, though?

I still think that a healthy Oden is just as good if not better defensively than Howard is. At the very least, he was on his way to becoming that but who knows how this latest injury will effect him. It is kind of remarkable how effective he is when he actually plays considering the ridiculous amount of injuries he has had since high school.

• Like 1

• Owner

A healthy Greg Oden can. Is there even such a thing as a healthy Greg Oden, though?

I still think that a healthy Oden is just as good if not better defensively than Howard is. At the very least, he was on his way to becoming that but who knows how this latest injury will effect him. It is kind of remarkable how effective he is when he actually plays considering the ridiculous amount of injuries he has had since high school.

Mentioned this around mid-November, which is around the time I last saw him play. :wallbash3:

Tony Allen via Twitter:

Jus wondering!! D howard got defensive player of ther year!! What kind of players do he check all year!! At the center position? Tweet back

@milewski10 lol!! I mean!! Its easy!! 2 lay off these guys and clog the paint

I'm chilln,, I don't want that award!! I jus wonder what do you have 2 do 2 get it!!