GM3: Boston at New York (BOS 2-0)

Real Deal

Amar'e Stoudemire's MRI "fine" | Chauncey Billups has fluid drained from knee

While the MRI on Amar'e Stoudemire's lower back came back clean, Chauncey Billups had fluid drained from his injured left knee today and also received a cortisone shot in attempt to play in Game 3 on Friday, The News has learned.

"Chauncey's doing everything he can to get back out there," said a Knicks official. "This is killing him. He feels they would have won both games if he was out there at the end."

The Knicks said late Wednesday that the results of an MRI comfirmed a pulled muscle in Stoudemire's back and that he's day-to-day. The MRI on Billups revealed a strained tendon and he is listed as questionable. The Knicks are cautiously optimistic that the veteran point guard will be available at some point in the series but privately many in the organization feel he needs at least a week to recover.

Billups was injured in the last two minutes of Sunday's Game 1 loss to Boston and did not play in Game 2. Stoudemire left Game 2 late in the second quarter with back spasms and did not return. The Knicks gave both Billups and Stoudemire MRI's for precautionary reasons.

"We give out MRIs like they are candy so I wouldn't look too much into it," a Knicks executive said early Wednesday. "Amar'e should be okay. He's already said he's playing."

NYDailyNews.com

I guess nobody cares about this game? That "these refs suck" chant was amazing, I love our fan base lol. Even if they don't totally deserve it today, it's just built up since game 1. Good that the fans finally let the NBA know just how we feel.

Pathetic, Williams makes a shot at the rim, 2nd closest to the basket, and is the only player back to defend Rondo off the inbound, that's just truly pathetic...Credit Williams for hustling, discredit everyone else...

I don't think Melo took a single shot in the fourth quarter.

Given the injuries, there's still no excuse to show up like that. It's called home-court advantage for a reason, and the Knicks just didn't take advantage of that. When you are down 22-5 to start the game, there's little room for error.

Melo might be clutch, but that does NOT mean he is a leader. I still don't see good leadership qualities in him.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

When Pierce and Allen are both hot from 3 like they were tonight, the Celtics are just about unbeatable. They were amazing tonight, as was Rondo in orchestrating everything. Disappointing performance from the Knicks, but without Billups and an injured Amare, it's just a bunch of scrubs and Melo, who can't be expected to go off every game against one of the league's toughest defenses.

Knicks seemed rather lethargic, and just flat out didn't play with a whole lot of effort. I've said it before, if Rondo keeps attacking the basket, the whole offense opens up, and with all the weapons he has around him, their offense becomes deadly. Can't wait for them to play the Heat, who are also looking great, that's going to be an epic series.

Knicks seemed rather lethargic, and just flat out didn't play with a whole lot of effort. I've said it before, if Rondo keeps attacking the basket, the whole offense opens up, and with all the weapons he has around him, their offense becomes deadly. Can't wait for them to play the Heat, who are also looking great, that's going to be an epic series.

Idk if it's no effort, or the Knicks are just going up against a superior team, I'll take the latter.

Let's be honest, without Billups and Amar'e at 100% (he was obviously very effected), the Knicks have no shot. Their only hope was to get some calls from the refs in their favor, and that the Celts would get cold and they could make runs in this game behind Melo and shots from Douglas, Walker and Williams. None of that happened, and therefore the Knicks got crushed.

Series is obviously over, it was a fun year fellow Knicks fans, it really was. I'm confident we'll be back. Who's roaming the sidelines, and who's starting at PG will be interesting to see going into next year, but I'm confident that this team is headed in the right direction. I maintain that, today, it is still a great day to be a Knicks fan!

Found an interesting thing in the stats:

The Knicks were -27 with Melo on the court and -34 with Amare, while being +10 with Anthony Carter, +13 with Shawne Williams, and +6 with Bill Walker.

That's not interesting, +/- is horrible

Most horrible game of the playoffs so far for sure... For me at least.

Honestly I say all the time that I miss the 90's but I miss them even more now. If it was the 90's you'd have four or five Celtics on the injury list by now... I miss our violent defense... I've always said that the hatred that most people have for D'Antoni was definitely exaggerated, just like it was exaggerated that people called him a genius when he was in Phoenix, but still I didn't like it when I heard that the Knicks hired him. I wanted a defensive coach at the time and I still do. I love huge defense. Especially during the playoffs. And I missed it even more in the first three games... So I hope for D'Antoni that he will have some success (wether it's as a head or assistant coach..) but with another team. I'm not just saying that because Rivers has done a much better job than him in those playoffs (it's not surprising anyway...) but I just want huge defense back in the Garden. Especially that D'Antoni's offense is not made for Melo as he's better in a half court offense system. So, just like most Knicks fans, I hope that we're gonna get another coach this summer. That would be great if Pat Riley (I certainly don't believe he will get back here though...) or Van Gundy (Jeff of course, definitely not his brother...) could get back next year.

Now we still did a good job in the first two games despite all the injury troubles we got. But tonight... It's just too bad that we had our worst game in the Madison. The Celtics are gonna win this series (I'm still gonna root for us till the end though) but all I hope now is that we win game 4. I don't want this series to be like the 2004 Knicks-Nets, I want us to AT LEAST win one game. At home. It's gonna be hard as Billups won't probably play and Stats might miss the game too... Honestly it was a HUGE mistake to make him play last night. Not only he was totally useless but being in his condition he needed some rest. I certainly don't understand that... Well anyhow I hope we're gonna give all what we got and win this game 4. Like the Sonics did in the 96 Finals, when they lost the three first games (and got blown out in the third...) and were like a totally different team in games 4 and 5. Before eventually losing the series in game 6...

Well whatever happens I still have hope about our future. We played eye to eye against the mighty C's in the first two games despite our injury troubles and we have now a solid base to build around. That's the most important thing.

Now back to Boston I definitely don't understand how so many people thought that we would beat that team before the series. Most people consider them done because they don't have Perk and they weren't very good in the last games of the regular season... Don't make sense to me. First of all last year the C's didn't end the season very well too yet they got to the Finals and almost won another ring... Second, even if Perk was important in the Celtics defense, let's not overrate him at the same time... He's certainly not PP, Ray, KG or Rondo. The C's can definitely win without him, there's no doubt about that. I am not surprised one bit to see Boston winning this series. Just like I wouldn't be surprised if they won another ring this year.

The fact is that, in the East, Boston is the team to beat. Before the playoffs my prediction for the ECF was a Celtics-Bulls and I haven't changed my mind about it. I see them winning against the Heat in the semis. This is gonna be a very interesting series to watch anyhow.

Well anyway Knicks-Celtics is not over yet, and again I hope that there will be at least a game 5...

Let's win game 4 !!!