J.R. Smith: Leaving Denver "Strong Possibility"

The Regime

Nuggets guard J.R. Smith, who played just six minutes in Wednesday night's Game 2, said there's a "strong possibility" he won't sign with the Nuggets this summer as a free agent, expressing frustration Thursday after the Nuggets went down 0-2 against Oklahoma City in the playoffs.

"There's a strong possibility as of right now," Smith said. "It's not going the way I planned it to go. It's a tough situation. I want to be here, I love the fans and everything about the city. It's just maybe not my fit."

The Nuggets had a team meeting on Thursday and Smith said the team didn't have "a pulse" as they regrouped at Pepsi Center.

"Just frustration, just really didn't have any life in there," Smith said. "No one was really into it."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17901418

Edited by Confidence248

I wouldn't blame him. J.R. has been really good... attitude wise, and he moves the ball. He does isos only when the team has nothing going offensively, and he creates offense for himself and his teammates. He's the best passer on the team. He does not sulk when he plays 15 minutes or 8 minutes. He has been a great team player and locker room guy for at least the past 1.5 years.

Most of this "bad shot selection" perception is just that, perception. But if you follow the Nuggets closely, you'd know J.R. is the least of the team's problems now.

But as usual he's GK's easiest target. If J.R. had an intimidating character like KMart, I bet GK would be off his back... he's GK's easy scapegoat. As usual the coward always pick on the weak for blame.

The Bulls would be a good fit if they wanna deal with him

I think the Bulls were interested in trading for him near the deadline, could definitely see them making a run at him again in free agency.

Welcome to OTR by the way.

Edited by Dash

GK did not bash Melo until he left... He played Bird and J.R. 6 minutes each, but somehow the "floodgates explosion" was all on J.R. He never called out Bird, Kenyon, Felton, Ty... but he's calling J.R. because the public has this perception of J.R. as this malcontent, selfish player (when he has demonstrated the opposite the past 1.5 years), and he's the easy target for the public to agree with GK.

If there's a loss, it can be blamed on J.R.'s "bad shot selections, non-existent defense"... when GK never stresses defense and all his other players have had some share of bad shot selections. This is the guy who routinely draws 22 foot jump shots for KMart ffs!

J.R. has been incredibly patient, cheering for teammates when he doesn't play, never complains in media, is the best passer on the team, easily the most explosive offensive creator, he creates pick and roll, he creates for his teammates, he creates for himself when the others struggle, he maintains "cooler heads prevail" approach with GK. For a perceived "gangsta", he's been incredibly mature as a player and locker room guy.

But GK had to go to someone other than himself again, it wasn't J.R.'s fault when we came out flat and unprepared in 1st quarter.

GK is truly a coward.

Edited by Multi-Billionaire
  • Like 1

GK did not bash Melo until he left... He played Bird and J.R. 6 minutes each, but somehow the "floodgates explosion" was all on J.R. He never called out Bird, Kenyon, Felton, Ty... but he's calling J.R. because the public has this perception of J.R. as this malcontent, selfish player (when he has demonstrated the opposite the past 1.5 years), and he's the easy target for the public to agree with GK.

If there's a loss, it can be blamed on J.R.'s "bad shot selections, non-existent defense"... when GK never stresses defense and all his other players have had some share of bad shot selections. This is the guy who routinely draws 22 foot jump shots for KMart ffs!

J.R. has been incredibly patient, cheering for teammates when he doesn't play, never complains in media, is the best passer on the team, easily the most explosive offensive creator, he creates pick and roll, he creates for his teammates, he creates for himself when the others struggle, he maintains "cooler heads prevail" approach with GK. For a perceived "gangsta", he's been incredibly mature as a player and locker room guy.

But GK had to go to someone other than himself again, it wasn't J.R.'s fault when we came out flat and unprepared in 1st quarter.

GK is truly a coward.

You and George Karl should set up a meeting.