GM4: Boston at New York (BOS 3-0)

Real Deal

If we are the first team to advance out of the first round that's a straight up F U to the haters who were saying we were the most likely to get upset in round 1. Let's get it celtics

You're playing a hobbled Knicks squad who could very well be ahead in this series. Nothing to thump your chest about.

Edited by Flash

Hobbled because billups isn't playing? The Knicks are a much better squad than Indiana and philadelphia but i don't see those teams blowing them out every game.. Keep on hatin bro can't wait to see u guys next round

• Owner

You're playing a hobbled Knicks squad who could very well be ahead in this series. Nothing to thump your chest about.

Why are you so defensive all of a sudden? The Knicks still have Carmelo Anthony. There are teams in the East playoffs that don't have a single all-star.

Why are you so defensive all of a sudden? The Knicks still have Carmelo Anthony. There are teams in the East playoffs that don't have a single all-star.

Its not being defensive its the truth.

Edited by Flash

The same can be said about the Bulls and the Heat, though. Sure they may not be playing against "hobbled" teams, but both of those series could easily be 3-1 for the lower seeded teams. Take away a couple of poor performances down the stretch and the Pacers could've swept the Bulls and aside from Game 2, Philly could easily have won all the other games against Miami if a couple of bounces went their way.

None of the top teams in the East have looked particularly great in the playoffs so far.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

The same can be said about the Bulls and the Heat, though. Sure they may not be playing against "hobbled" teams, but both of those series could easily be 3-1 for the lower seeded teams. Take away a couple of poor performances down the stretch and the Pacers could've swept the Bulls and aside from Game 2, Philly could easily have won all the other games against Miami if a couple of bounces went their way.

None of the top teams in the East have looked particularly great in the playoffs so far.

Games 1 and 2 Miami won pretty easily. Game 3, possibly could've gone either way and Philly really stole game 4 today. Chicago, in reality should be down but they found a way to win the close games and same with Boston.

All I was saying, is that beating the Knicks squad that's playing shouldn't be used as some middle finger to people who were questioning Boston. Same thing for us and Bulls fans. Until we win it all we have nothing to celebrate. That's all.

Edited by Flash

I was simply addressing that most people had the celtics getting upset in the first round and will quiet that with a 4-0 sweep before the bulls , heat ,lakers, spurs etc who are considerably better than their first round opponents Imo

Games 1 and 2 Miami won pretty easily. Game 3, possibly could've gone either way and Philly really stole game 4 today. Chicago, in reality should be down but they found a way to win the close games and same with Boston.

All I was saying, is that beating the Knicks squad that's playing shouldn't be used as some middle finger to people who were questioning Boston. Same thing for us and Bulls fans. Until we win it all we have nothing to celebrate. That's all.

The difference between Miami/Chicago and Boston is that everybody was saying that those series (Miami's and Chicago's) weren't even going to be close and would consist of 4 start blowouts, while a decent amount of people were saying that the Knicks could actually push the Celtics to 6 games, maybe 7 if they are lucky and in a 7th game with players like Melo and Amare, who knows what could happen.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but at the same time, I can understand why a Celtics fan would say something like that after all of the talk about how the Celtics might lose to the Knicks and how they have no shot at winning it all after the Perkins trade.

• Like 1

What a play by Pierce to get his feet set quickly to draw the charge.

Such a BS call. Looked like he slightly left his feet when the contact was made. I hate that call there, to me ith as to be definitive for the refs to call an offensive on a play like that.

Ended up being a 5 point swing, and that call single handily changed the game. I guess we'll have to wait til next year before the Knicks can win a playoff game.

Did D'Antoni really call out Rondo like that before the game? I think Rondo is overrated but there's no need to call out the guy like that when he's killing your team. It showed a lack of class on his part.

Did D'Antoni really call out Rondo like that before the game? I think Rondo is overrated but there's no need to call out the guy like that when he's killing your team. It showed a lack of class on his part.

What'd he say?

What'd he say?

"He's a very good player," said D'Antoni. "I'd like to see him play in Minnesota and see how he does. Everybody's tied together and they have three Hall of Famers playing out there. Rondo is a very good basketball player -- really good. But if you look at their team and you have to say, ‘What can we take away? What do we have to give them and play the odds?’ You have to give him his shot and you have to try to close up the middle on him and that’s kind of how we did it. We think that’s the best way to go. Nothing might work because they’re that good. He’s a very good basketball player, there’s no doubt about it."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4683309/pregame-video-rivers-on-game-4