GM4: Boston at New York (BOS 3-0)

Real Deal

Oh yeah, and I don't understand how anyone can call Rondo overrated.

Did you all fail reading in 7th grade? Your comprehension skills are lacking.

He called him good, very good at least 3 times. He complemented him saying we have to just close up the middle and give him his shot, and HOPE that works, because it might not. And he's point on that if he was playing on a bad team he wouldn't look as good as he is. His game is suited perfectly for Boston. That's all he meant by that. Can you bold the part where he calls him overrated, because he clearly doesn't.

Edited by JYD

Was it really worth trading for Melo at the deadline as opposed to just waiting for him come free agency?

They would've definitely competed more in the playoffs due to more depth, and had the possibility to keep some of those players they lost in the deal. Also, they would have all the draft picks they traded away.

Now, once they sign Melo to his max deal and keep Chauncey, they really don't have much room for error. With less draft picks, each free agent they sign has to be a hit.

And what's with the Knick fans clapping at the end of the game? If I was a Knick fan I'd be pissed off at how they played in the two home games.

Anthony Carter played awesome...too bad he hasn't had more opportunities.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Was it really worth trading for Melo at the deadline as opposed to just waiting for him come free agency?

They would've definitely competed more in the playoffs due to more depth, and had the possibility to keep some of those players they lost in the deal. Also, they would have all the draft picks they traded away.

Now, once they sign Melo to his max deal and keep Chauncey, they really don't have much room for error. With less draft picks, each free agent they sign has to be a hit.

No they wouldn't have. Not sure if you watched game 2, but the only reason they were even in the game was because of Carmelo Anthony with one of the most epic performances in the post season of all time with 42/17/6.

And, if Chauncey and Amar'e are healthy for games 2, 3, and 4, we are looking at different results. They would've at least won one of the games, if not possibly eeking out two. But with the injuries and lack of depth, no way could they run with a championship contender such as Boston.

Boston was a terrible matchup for the Knicks in the first place, who finished 0-8 against them on the year. We would've been better off facing the Heat. (Wouldn't have beat them either, but the matchup just would've been better for the Knicks).

They wouldn't need an epic performance from Melo if they had Felton, Gallo, and Chandler. They would've still made it a game and because of more options, guys like Fields and Williams would play better.

More quality players as opposed to a star and a bunch of bench players has a better chance at winning IMO.

They wouldn't need an epic performance from Melo if they had Felton, Gallo, and Chandler. They would've still made it a game and because of more options, guys like Fields and Williams would play better.

More quality players as opposed to a star and a bunch of bench players has a better chance at winning IMO.

You should be the first to know how important a star player is in the playoffs. Carmelo is by far a better player than Amar'e.

This series would've been totally different if Chauncey was out there. Douglas and Fields were awful. If Billups is out there, he's another guy who can hit a big shot.

You saw how good the Knicks looked when Anthony Carter hitting a few shots and became an offensive threat in the 4th qtr of the game today.

I'm just saying New York should've looked at how beneficial it would be to wait for Melo in FA as opposed to just get him right away and trade your assets/players away.

If Chauncey and Amare were healthy, the series might be closer, but was this whole deal worth it in hindsight?

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

I'm just saying New York should've looked at how beneficial it would be to wait for Melo in FA as opposed to just get him right away and trade your assets/players away.

If Chauncey and Amare were healthy, the series might be closer, but was this whole deal worth it in hindsight?

Yeah because if we didn't get him we would've been [expletive]ed for the future. Not like Denver's doing all that great with their new squad of role players. That's all Felton, Chandler, and Gallo were. Very good role players. Would've loved to have them in the series today with Carmelo, haha, of course. But the Knicks can find other Felton's and Chandler's out there in the future.

It would be so funny if this game came down the wire and the Knicks choked again

Why would that have been funny?

I would still do the Melo deal, you never know what happens, if he stays in Denver or goes to the Nets, we had to do that. That being said, if we got Melo through FA we cannot keep Chandler and Billups is an upgrade over Felton. So the only difference is we get to keep Gallo which would have been nice, but hey that's the price you pay to be sure.

Did D'Antoni really call out Rondo like that before the game? I think Rondo is overrated but there's no need to call out the guy like that when he's killing your team. It showed a lack of class on his part.

Is a Miami eat fan really talking about class?

Wasn't even a classes comment if your are referring to what AL posted, he gave him his props and said he wondered how he'd play on a team like Minnesota.

Because they already chocked twice on games that they could have won?

Choked is the wrong word. First of all, game 1 they could've easily won, but had every single call in the final 2 minutes go against them. If they literally get 1 call out of the 2-3-4 questionable, swing calls, they win that game.

In game 2, they were winning/keeping it close with a lineup of Mason Jr, Jeffries, Walker, Carmelo, and Douglas. Lol. That right there doesn't warrant the word "choke" next to it. They were so overmatched talent wise it was a miracle they were even in the game in the final few minutes!

Game 3, they just played horrible, and Amar'e was obviously not ready to play. They doubled Carmelo each time, and no one made a god damn shot.

Game 4, pretty similar to game 3, especially in the first half. Once Amar'e back improved he played better, but they still didn't have enough without Billups out there.

Hobbled because billups isn't playing? The Knicks are a much better squad than Indiana and philadelphia but i don't see those teams blowing them out every game.. Keep on hatin bro can't wait to see u guys next round

Billups didn't play, Amar'e was at full strength for one game. Put Rondo and Garnett in the position Billups and Amar'e were in, is it a cakewalk for Boston? I don't like making excuses, the Knicks were outclassed and had no business beating Boston.. but don't act like the injuries weren't crushing.

@ Cleveland talking about the clapping.. it's our first playoff team in 7 years, and they were fun to watch. Thanking them for the season isn't a crazy idea, is it?

In any case, I'm excited about this team moving forward. It'll be fun to see what they do in the offseason.. they can make trades, go over the cap, and try and build a true contender for next year (need a defensive big who isn't a black hole offensively, a 2 guard who can shoot, etc).. or they could take Billups' expiring, acquire as much young talent with upside as possible, and try and put together some sort of package for Paul at the deadline (if he's at all available). Not sure how realistic option #2 is, or if they'd just wait for the offseason if he's hopefully available (with D-Will, again hopefully).. but you have to think it's something they'd make a run at.

In any case.. I love that we'll have Amar'e and Melo moving forward, I think that a full offseason together will work wonders for their chemistry. Now you can pick and choose pieces to put around them that fit.

Oh.. and find a new coach. Adelman, Sloan, new hire.. whoever. Make a good coaching decision and let's start this thing fresh in 2011/12.