GM4: LA Lakers at New Orleans (LAL 2-1)

If anyone thinks Chris Paul isn't the best PG in the game right now, they need to be slapped.

Exactly. Just because everybody is riding Rose's dick doesn't mean shit. He just dropped a triple double with no one on his team about the Kobers.

I don't understand why Trevor Ariza didn't slow it down after the jump ball....what a stupid play followed by an even more stupid play as he decided to try to tip in the lay up.

Only Ariza could pull that off. :glasses:

If anyone thinks Chris Paul isn't the best PG in the game right now, they need to be slapped.

Agreed. Rose certainly had the best regular season in the league and Deron Williams is an elite floor general but when Chris Paul switches gears, there is no point guard better.

• Owner

For one, Kobe WAS off. Trevor always plays good defense, but I'm not convinced Kobe's first-half struggles were due to that. He had no trouble getting his points in the second half, with Trevor in his jersey. Based on his second half, Kobe could've dropped 35-40 points (on pace).

And I absolutely H-A-T-E facilitator-first Kobe. I have no idea why that's even an option. There's no reason for him to go into that mode, ever. If he's not looking for his shot, the Hornets (or any team, for that matter) have no reason to feel pressured to stop him.

What needs to happen, every game, is "score first, facilitate when I want" Kobe. The one in the second half.

I am pissed at Phil Jackson. Why did Ron Artest sit for most of the second half? He dropped 16 in the first half of the game, was the best player on the court for the Lakers...and he barely played after that.

Also, why does Pau Gasol tap the [expletive]ing ball out like he's playing volleyball? I understand doing it if it's an offensive board, sometimes, but not when the Hornets miss a shot. Hell, he needs to GRAB those boards, get his putback, and look to draw a foul.

This is almost similar to the Thunder series from last season. Durant struggled and was performing more like Trevor Ariza is, while OKC's point guard (Westbrook) played like CP3 for over half the series.

• Like 1

Not at all. He sprained his ankle at the last minute. If you didn't watch the game shut your mouth

Exactly. At the last minute. How do you explain the previous 45 minutes? Or more specifically, the first half? I did watch the game, and he was shit in the first half in terms of shooting (had 0 points, 0-7). Give the New Orleans defense credit. That's such a stupid comment you originally made. Any game you could say, "If X player played better, X team would have won." There was a reason Kobe didn't go off tonight (and it wasn't because he sprained his ankle at the last minute). It doesn't matter that if he did the game wouldn't even be close (which is arguable to begin with), because he simply didn't go off. Plain and simple. The defense was able to contain him well for the most part.

Edited by platoon793

• Owner

Exactly. At the last minute. How do you explain the previous 45 minutes? Or more specifically, the first half? I did watch the game, and he was shit in the first half in terms of shooting (had 0 points, 0-7). Give the New Orleans defense credit. That's such a stupid comment you originally made. Any game you could say, "If X player played better, X team would have won." There was a reason Kobe didn't go off tonight (and it wasn't because he sprained his ankle at the last minute). It doesn't matter that if he did the game wouldn't even be close (which is arguable to begin with), because he simply didn't go off. Plain and simple. The defense was able to contain him well for the most part.

He was missing shots he should've been making. He had no problem coming out of the locker room and draining shots in Trevor's eyes.

I gave Trevor props for his defense in Game 2. He defended Kobe well. He did tonight, also...but he's not responsible for that 0-7 FG.

Truth be told, Kobe needs to stop trying to draw fouls in the paint, because it doesn't matter how hard he gets hit (on layups or shots), he's not LeBron James or Kevin Durant, and there's no way in hell he's going to get calls. He needs to stick to the bread and butter, which is his mid-range game, and when he does drive to the rim, look for guys to kick the ball out to. Score first, facilitate second.

That first half sucked anyway. He shot seven times in two quarters. That's around Gasol's average. The team was built around Kobe, so the offense needs to be created around his.

He has a lanky taller and good defender on him. You know Ariza? yeah that's him.

That's why he has had a bad series. Yeah he score 30 points in game 3 but he won't do it often with Ariza on him.

The reason the Lakers lost is mostly because he had a bad first half.. only because he couldn't knock down his shots he would normally make. In the last few seconds, Pau decided to have butter fingers.