NYK 2011 Offseason

Don't change too much, we have a good solid squad we just didn't have the time to build chemistry in time for the playoffs. I'd love to see them take a run at CP3 but i don't see that happening. I would start with Mike D. Get rid of his ass, Rick Adleman is available since the Rockets just let him go and he is amazing. What he did with the Rockets without T-mac and Yao Ming is incredible. Rockets were dumb to let him go. We need to pick up some good role players in the off season and make our bench stronger.

Don't change too much, we have a good solid squad we just didn't have the time to build chemistry in time for the playoffs. I'd love to see them take a run at CP3 but i don't see that happening. I would start with Mike D. Get rid of his ass, Rick Adleman is available since the Rockets just let him go and he is amazing. What he did with the Rockets without T-mac and Yao Ming is incredible. Rockets were dumb to let him go. We need to pick up some good role players in the off season and make our bench stronger.

Adelman did a terrific job this season with Houston, but I don't think the Knicks should get rid of D'Antoni. He did a nice job this year, disappointing in the playoffs, but to judge him solely on 4 games without Chauncey Billups and times without Amar'e isn't really fair.

As for roster moves, CP3 will have to wait until the offseason of 2012, and maybe we'll have enough money for him.

Right now I'd make sure I brought back Billups, Shawne Williams, and Walker. The rest of the team I'd let walk (most have exp. contracts) and I'd try to find a Mike Miller type of guy with the Mid Level exception. A guy who can really knock down shots, maybe a good defensive player, or even a hard-nosed rebounding center with some size.

Need a real PG, Chauncey is a real PG but he's old and if he gets injured in the playoffs again we are screwed. So I say set CP3, if he really wants to come here, at priority #1. Package Chauncey, Douglas, Fields, pick for him and then go from there if thats even considerable.

First are foremost, get a new coach. D'Antoni is a twat, and just a mediocre coach at best. Try and pry Chandler away with the MLE, though you can be sure that Dallas will be doing everything to keep him, and Miami will probably offer the 5 year full MLE thing as well. They need a big more than anything imo, I don't think they are really missing that much though, they just need more legitimate NBA role players, not rejects/scraps from other teams. Basically just work on refilling the roster with NBA caliber players, and get a legit center, that might not happen this year, but that is what they need to do. This isn't something that is going to happen in the matter of a month like Miami, so the Knicks are still probably a couple years away.

• Like 2

First are foremost, get a new coach. D'Antoni is a twat, and just a mediocre coach at best. Try and pry Chandler away with the MLE, though you can be sure that Dallas will be doing everything to keep him, and Miami will probably offer the 5 year full MLE thing as well. They need a big more than anything imo, I don't think they are really missing that much though, they just need more legitimate NBA role players, not rejects/scraps from other teams. Basically just work on refilling the roster with NBA caliber players, and get a legit center, that might not happen this year, but that is what they need to do. This isn't something that is going to happen in the matter of a month like Miami, so the Knicks are still probably a couple years away.

Spot on. I agree pretty much with what you said here, but I think it can happen quicker than a couple of years.

Knicks have decided to pick up Chauncey's option

Just heard about that an hour ago. I was going to post a topic, but I guess there's really no point, we'll just keep it all in here.

I think it's good they picked it up. Overall, I like Chauncey, at times he pisses me off with his shot choice but he's a proven winner and he's better than any other PG's that would've been available.

1. Fire D'Antoni. Arrivederci, paisan!

2. Hire Rick Adelman.

3. Draft BPA (Honeycutt? Leslie?)

4. MLE on Samuel Dalembert. Add some rebounding, shot-blocking, defense. Joel Pryzbilla could be another choice.

5. LLE (if they have it) on Anthony Parker.

6. Min. contracts on role players like Dominic McGuire, Earl Watson, Rasual Butler, Craig Smith. Guys that come cheap but fit a role.

1. Fire D'Antoni. Arrivederci, paisan!

2. Hire Rick Adelman.

3. Draft BPA (Honeycutt? Leslie?)

4. MLE on Samuel Dalembert. Add some rebounding, shot-blocking, defense. Joel Pryzbilla could be another choice.

5. LLE (if they have it) on Anthony Parker.

6. Min. contracts on role players like Dominic McGuire, Earl Watson, Rasual Butler, Craig Smith. Guys that come cheap but fit a role.

Sounds pretty good. Only thing I don't like is the firing of D'Antoni. He should stay at least another year and see how he does...

I was thinking maybe Nene from Denver as the Center if Melo could persuade him to join.

Otherwise, that should be Donnie Walsh's plan^.

Sounds pretty good. Only thing I don't like is the firing of D'Antoni. He should stay at least another year and see how he does...

I was thinking maybe Nene from Denver as the Center if Melo could persuade him to join.

Otherwise, that should be Donnie Walsh's plan^.

Why are u riding D'Antoni's dick so hard. He had prime Nash, Amare, and Marion all on the same squad and couldn't finish numerous times. Shit's not gonna be different in NY and it showed in the playoffs where he choked big time.

Why are u riding D'Antoni's dick so hard. He had prime Nash, Amare, and Marion all on the same squad and couldn't finish numerous times. Shit's not gonna be different in NY and it showed in the playoffs where he choked big time.

You [expletive]as ain't being fair to him, that's why...He hasn't done enough to get fired yet.

• 5 weeks later...
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard

Isiah Thomas WILL NOT become Knicks next president or GM, according to sources close to situation.

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix

No, Isiah is not going to be the next coach/GM in New York. But will he have a louder voice in Dolan's ear? Absolutely.

Edited by Dash

• 2 weeks later...
@Probballdraft Probasketballdraft

The Knicks are talking with Pacers to swap picks on draft night. Really want to add a shooter on draft night. #Draftnews

@Probballdraft Probasketballdraft

Knicks would move up for Klay Thompson, Jimmer Fredette, and Chris singleton. The Knicks know they need more shooters and defenders.

I'm falling in love with Bismack Biyombo

Ive been in love since I first head of him, his stock keeps falling, at one point DE had him going to us, I was real hype lol

I'll be happy with Bismack Biyombo or Klay Thompson

Edited by fish7718