Dwight will be a Net on Draft Night

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's probably most convenient for Orlando, salary-wise and talent-wise, to receive Bynum in a package. Houston can definitely compete with Jersey's and LA's pieces, but a commitment from Dwight to play in Houston is the main issue, I'd say. The Nets obviously took the same risk of dealing for Deron without a commitment from him, but Houston isn't presenting a new $950 million arena in a location like Brooklyn.

Agree with Dash and not only because I am a Rockets fan... because Dash is far from being a homer he's a depressed Rockets fan and shows it more than anyone else on here lol

The Rockets do have a realistic shot, they have assets and picks to not count them into the "Dwight sweepstakes" if there actually will be one is foolish.

Small market is such a misconception.... tired of hearing that, I don't think players see it that way considering most of them live down here in the summer. They know what Houston has to offer, what "outside" fans think about it is useless players aren't stupid, Dwight will continue to have his sponsors and deals even if he is in Houston.

As far as making a trade that doesn't send all your talent away, yes that's a discussion worth having. If the Rockets have to ship out to much it makes no sense for Dwight to take a step back in his career and join a team that may be worse than the Magic in much better conference and division.

Dash I propose hiring "Dream" as our new head coach you think that would be enough for Dwight? :glasses: I mean after all he does owe him his offensive career lol

Agree with Dash and not only because I am a Rockets fan... because Dash is far from being a homer he's a depressed Rockets fan and shows it more than anyone else on here lol

I like to think of myself as an 'emotional' fan.

The Rockets do have a realistic shot, they have assets and picks to not count them into the "Dwight sweepstakes" if there actually will be one is foolish.

Small market is such a misconception.... tired of hearing that, I don't think players see it that way considering most of them live down here in the summer. They know what Houston has to offer, what "outside" fans think about it is useless players aren't stupid, Dwight will continue to have his sponsors and deals even if he is in Houston.

THANK YOU.

As far as making a trade that doesn't send all your talent away, yes that's a discussion worth having. If the Rockets have to ship out to much it makes no sense for Dwight to take a step back in his career and join a team that may be worse than the Magic in much better conference and division.

Agreed, I'd do any deal for Dwight just as long as we remain a top 4 or so team in the West.

Dash I propose hiring "Dream" as our new head coach you think that would be enough for Dwight? :glasses: I mean after all he does owe him his offensive career lol

Dash approves. :glasses:

In a more serious note, I think Dream could play a legitimate factor in this saga albeit a small one.

Don't all jump on me but I think he's a pretty big homer

Every fan is a homer to an extent but I fail to see how I'm a 'pretty big homer' when I'm one of the more critical Rockets fans.

Yeah he said that in another thread too, we're 17 right now.. that's like getting no better next year

Fine, 18-20.

C: Dwight/Yao

PF: Luis Scola

SF: Chase Budinger

SG: Kevin Martin

PG: Kyle Lowry

No.

EDIT: nvm my bad Hedo and VC weren't on the Magic at the same time, but what makes this Rockets team much better than the team Orlando has had for the past 3/4 years?

Edited by Pinkie Pie

=/>

C: Dwight

PF: Shard

SF: Turk

SG: Vince Carter

PG: Jameer Nelson

It didn't work in Orlando, what makes Houston any different?

Don't say bench either, Orlando's bench was loaded

Bass, Gortat, Pietrus, Barnes, Redick

A true power forward, a point guard that can play defense and can actually feed big men the ball (assuming Lowry somehow stays), and a wing that is superior offensively to any of Orlando's.

Not to mention a general manager that can go out and get talent. Otis Smith is pretty bold but his moves have proven to be either hit or miss.

The Rockets were one healthy Yao Ming away from finishing at the least 5th in the West imo.

It's probably most convenient for Orlando, salary-wise and talent-wise, to receive Bynum in a package. Houston can definitely compete with Jersey's and LA's pieces, but a commitment from Dwight to play in Houston is the main issue, I'd say. The Nets obviously took the same risk of dealing for Deron without a commitment from him, but Houston isn't presenting a new $950 million arena in a location like Brooklyn.

I can't say that I disagree with you there but I don't doubt that the Rockets wouldn't trade for Dwight regardless of commitment. The Rockets made that pretty clear during the Melo saga but they won't sell the farm either.

That said I'm pretty sure that the Rockets will finish as a close 2nd or 3rd in another superstar race.

A true power forward, a point guard that can play defense and can actually feed big men the ball (assuming Lowry somehow stays), and a wing that is superior offensively to any of Orlando's.

Not to mention a general manager that can go out and get talent. Otis Smith is pretty bold but his moves have proven to be either hit or miss.

The Rockets were one healthy Yao Ming away from finishing at the least 5th in the West imo.

I can't say that I disagree with you there but I don't doubt that the Rockets wouldn't trade for Dwight regardless of commitment. The Rockets made that pretty clear during the Melo saga but they won't sell the farm either.

That said I'm pretty sure that the Rockets will finish as a close 2nd or 3rd in another superstar race.

Well the players in Orlando's system are supposed to be picture perfect for Dwight Howard no? They spread the floor allowing Dwight to get 1 on 1 situations, what would Luis Socla do? Maybe you are right but I think the Rockets are still a piece away from contending for a title if they trade for Dwight.

Well the players in Orlando's system are supposed to be picture perfect for Dwight Howard no? They spread the floor allowing Dwight to get 1 on 1 situations, what would Luis Socla do? Maybe you are right but I think the Rockets are still a piece away from contending for a title if they trade for Dwight.

Probably a top 4 team in the West but not a serious title contender.