Dwight will be a Net on Draft Night

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nay.

Houston would counter with Patrick Patterson + Terrence Wiliams + Jordan Hill + 14th + 23rd + 2012 Knicks first round pick + 2013 Grizzlies first rounder. Not to mention that we also could throw in Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic, Courtney Lee, and Chase Budinger.

Rockets have more assets.

Nay.

Houston would counter with Patrick Patterson + Terrence Wiliams + Jordan Hill + 14th + 23rd + 2012 Knicks first round pick + 2013 Grizzlies first rounder. Not to mention that we also could throw in Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic, Courtney Lee, and Chase Budinger.

Yes sir!!

Nay.

Those picks are no more valuable than some NJ picks down the line, Terrence and Hill hold no value at this moment and Patterson is nice, but Brook was a borderline all-star just a year ago and is still only 23 with some definitely upside there. Not to mention that NJ is supposedly on Dwight's list, and their aggressive owners will probably do whatever it takes to get him, including taking Arenas or Hedo probably, is Houston willing to do the same?

Houston always seems to manage to get in the discussion for these studs, but they never get it done, why do you guys keep doing this to yourselves?

Edited by Check my Stats

Lakers will offer Bynum and picks and that will get it done, especially if Bynum continues to have a relatively strong postseason.

Nobody will be able to match that offer and you have to imagine that the Lakers are on the top of Howard's list considering his actng aspirations.

Houston always seems to manage to get in the discussion for these studs, but they never get it done, why do you guys keep doing this to yourselves?

Because its like Wojnarowski said, Houston has too many assets that should without a doubt eventually land them a superstar.

Those picks are no more valuable than some NJ picks down the line

How? Haven't the Nets already depleted their stock of picks? All New Jersey has are the Lakers 2011 first and the Rockets 2012 lottery protected first rounder. All the Nets could add to that are their own future picks but why would a 2013 first that will likely be in the 25-30 range be more valuable than the picks Houston has accumulated?

but Brook was a borderline all-star just a year ago and is still only 23 with some definitely upside there.

So was Aaron Brooks. The only thing more valuable about Brook as prospect than Patterson is that he is a center.

Not to mention that NJ is supposedly on Dwight's list, and their aggressive owners will probably do whatever it takes to get him, including taking Arenas or Hedo probably, is Houston willing to do the same?

That remains to be seen because Les has been to avoid the luxury tax but he sure as hell pays it when he feels like we can be a contender.

I'm sure Brooklyn is enticing for Dwight but I don't see why he wouldn't at the very least consider adding the 4th largest city in the US to his list if the Nets fail in their pursuit.

Lakers will offer Bynum and picks and that will get it done, especially if Bynum continues to have a relatively strong postseason.

Nobody will be able to match that offer and you have to imagine that the Lakers are on the top of Howard's list considering his actng aspirations.

I will quit watching the NBA. Seriously I would.

Bynum alone pretty trumps anything the Nets or Rockets could offer. The only way I see the Magic turning that offer down (assuming the Lakers make a run at Dwight) is:

1) the new CBA has a hard cap and the Lakers are unable to wiggle out of it.

2) Orlando thinks an injury prone big like Bynum is too much of a risk.

LA or Chicago would counter Orlando's offer pretty easily. I remember reading a rumor saying Chicago could offer Joakim Noah, and a few other pieces for Dwight.

And no, Houston will not land DH12. Not enough assets, small market, etc.

LA or Chicago would counter Orlando's offer pretty easily. I remember reading a rumor saying Chicago could offer Joakim Noah, and a few other pieces for Dwight.

And no, Houston will not land DH12. Not enough assets, small market, etc.

We have plenty of assets and calling the 4th largest city in the entire United States a small market is laughable.

• Like 1

We have plenty of assets and calling the 4th largest city in the entire United States a small market is laughable.

You guys are in a terrible situation right now. You just fired a hall of fame coach, and are probably going to get an average one at best in return. You have no superstar to pair up with Dwight, you will give up your best assets in the trade, and he'll be stuck in another bad situation. Just think of the Carmelo trade, except he's going to a Knicks team without Amare.

You guys are in a terrible situation right now. You just fired a hall of fame coach, and are probably going to get an average one at best in return. You have no superstar to pair up with Dwight, you will give up your best assets in the trade, and he'll be stuck in another bad situation. Just think of the Carmelo trade, except he's going to a Knicks team without Amare.

C: Dwight/Yao

PF: Luis Scola

SF: Chase Budinger

SG: Kevin Martin

PG: Kyle Lowry

No.

No.

lolol you are crazy if you think the magic would do a deal that would not involve atleast one of those players going to Orlando :lol:

Also, in this draft class the 14th and 23rd picks are not that valuable at all. Plus the Knicks will be a playoff team next year so that 2012 pick is weak as well.

lolol you are crazy if you think the magic would do a deal that would not involve atleast one of those players going to Orlando :lol:

Also, in this draft class the 14th and 23rd picks are not that valuable at all. Plus the Knicks will be a playoff team next year so that 2012 pick is weak as well.

I can't imagine Orlando wanting Martin or Scola if they are looking to rebuild. Lowry and Budinger, maybe but regardless the Rockets' offer is still better than the Nets'.

A 15-18 pick in next year's stacked draft is just as good as a lottery pick.

• Like 1

I can't imagine Orlando wanting Martin or Scola if they are looking to rebuild. Lowry and Budinger, maybe but regardless the Rockets' offer is still better than the Nets'.

A 15-18 pick in next year's stacked draft is just as good as a lottery pick.

15-18? Wow. You are underestimating the Knicks imo but we shall see.

No.

In order to get Dwight, Orlando will want to package him with one of their bad contracts, such as Arenas or Hedo. That right there is close to 27 mill a year... Patrick Patterson is still on his rookie contract, as is Terrence Williams. You really Orlando will be interested in just those two, along with a few first round draft picks? You don't think Otis Smith will follow Ujiri's ways and negotiate the hell out of teams in order to get what he wants? Stop with the blind homerism and use your head, they're not going to be interested in anything less than a package involving multiple picks and a few good pieces to help build their team around. They're completely [expletive]ed right now, their situation has a chance of being much worse than Denver's before the Melo trade, and especially with the lockout looming, they have no idea how bad their financial situation could be.

And that lineup you just posted is a 5th seed in the West right now.

In order to get Dwight, Orlando will want to package him with one of their bad contracts, such as Arenas or Hedo. That right there is close to 27 mill a year... Patrick Patterson is still on his rookie contract, as is Terrence Williams. You really Orlando will be interested in just those two, along with a few first round draft picks? You don't think Otis Smith will follow Ujiri's ways and negotiate the hell out of teams in order to get what he wants? Stop with the blind homerism and use your head, they're not going to be interested in anything less than a package involving multiple picks and a few good pieces to help build their team around. They're completely [expletive]ed right now, their situation has a chance of being much worse than Denver's before the Melo trade, and especially with the lockout looming, they have no idea how bad their financial situation could be.

And that lineup you just posted is a 5th seed in the West right now.

Houston could take back Hedo/Arenas in separate deal for their $7.4 million trade exception, that is assuming that the Rockets don't waste their cap space prior to a deal.

I don't see how I'm being a blind homer when I have acknowledged that the Lakers could easily beat the Rockets' offer. Hell the Clippers could too if they went ahead and packaged some youth/expirings along with the Timberwolves' 2012 first. All I have said is that we could trump what the Nets could offer and that Houston isn't at all a bad situation for Dwight.

• Like 1

He's going to a much tougher conference where he's probably only going to lead them to a second round exit. If Bynum continues to develop and stay healthy, there's no way Houston can beat the Lakers. Dwight is apart of this new generation of players wanting to team up with multiple all stars, he understands that this is the only way to win in this league. Who is that other star in Houston? A one dimensional Kevin Martin? An aging Luis Scola? You can forget about Lowry because Orlando will definitely be targeting him.

His desired team plays a role in this too, and I'm sure he'd prefer NJ/Brooklyn over Houston any day of the week. New Jersey offering Brook Lopez is a start, and they have until next year's trade deadline to get some valuable pieces to attract Orlando more. Right now, sure, Houston has the ability to trump any offer NJ makes, but it doesn't mean much at this point.

Kevin Martin and Scola are borderline All-Stars and legitimate robins, both would actually fit perfectly next to a Dwight Howard now that I think about it. Morey would pull the trigger on a Dwight trade regardless of whether Houston is his preferred destination or not, he was willing to do the same thing for Melo or Deron Williams at the deadline.

Houston could just as easily improve their offer like the Nets except the Rockets have far more assets to move around.