Jered Weaver

kingfish

How's that one hit wonder Ubaldo Jimenez doing? :lol: .

Some of you need to get a clue. How anyone could say he is better than Halladay and a large amount of better pitchers is beyond me.

He obviously isn't better than Halladay but I do believe he is borderline top 10. In 2009 he had a great first half but struggled in the 2nd half. 2010 he had one of the best campaigns of any pitcher in MLB and this year he's gotten off to an amazing star having a WHIP at .8 is crazy.

Here's a quick rough top 10 just off the top of my head...

1. Halladay

2. Felix

3. Lincecum

4. Lee

5. Johnson

6. Lester

7. Sabathia

8. Santana

9. Verlander

10. Price

then Kershaw/Weaver/Wainwright right on the outside there

Lol Weaver led the Majors in strikeouts last year with a 3.01 ERA. This year hes 1st in Wins, K's, ERA, and hes won all of his starts and his team is pretty bad offensively. Yet hes still not even top 5?

You guys dont know baseball. :lol:

He obviously isn't better than Halladay but I do believe he is borderline top 10. In 2009 he had a great first half but struggled in the 2nd half. 2010 he had one of the best campaigns of any pitcher in MLB and this year he's gotten off to an amazing star having a WHIP at .8 is crazy.

Here's a quick rough top 10 just off the top of my head...

1. Halladay

2. Felix

3. Lincecum

4. Lee

5. Johnson

6. Lester

7. Sabathia

8. Santana

9. Verlander

10. Price

then Kershaw/Weaver/Wainwright right on the outside there

Verlander, Price, Santana, Sabathia, Lester, over Weaver? :blink:

Im appalled. I really am.

This year hes 1st in Wins, K's, ERA, and hes won all of his starts and his team is pretty bad offensively.

This is your argument as to why he's the best pitcher in baseball? He's pitched well in the first month of the season?

Shit, if that's the case, Freddy Garcia's per-game averages shit all over Weaver. Suck it.

This is your argument as to why he's the best pitcher in baseball? He's pitched well in the first month of the season?

Shit, if that's the case, Freddy Garcia's per-game averages shit all over Weaver. Suck it.

No. Thats not my argument. Im not sure why you deleted the rest of it.

Lol Weaver led the Majors in strikeouts last year with a 3.01 ERA

Lol Weaver led the Majors in strikeouts last year with a 3.01 ERA. This year hes 1st in Wins, K's, ERA, and hes won all of his starts and his team is pretty bad offensively. Yet hes still not even top 5?

Did you really just reference pitcher wins in an argument about a pitcher's value, and then tell other people they don't know baseball?

And not only that, you are using a sample size of LESS THAN one month. Six appearances. Good lord.

Edited by Phightins

Did you really just reference pitcher wins in an argument about a pitcher's value, and then tell other people they don't know baseball?

And not only that, you are using a sample size of LESS THAN one month. Six appearances. Good lord.

No I was just throwing that in there. I guess the K's and the ERA stat dont do it for you? I know wins are not that important, same thing with saves. But its relevant in this case because Weaver does not have a good offense to back him up, yet hes still won all his starts, it just shows how dominant hes been.

Also, I did not use only six appearances. Did you miss the part where I said he led the majors in strikeouts last year? Or that he had a 3.01 ERA? He was clearly already dominant last year and this year hes gotten even better. Even if hes not the best hes still criminally underrated, mainly on this forum. Hes gonna win Cy young this year and people still wont know his name.

No I was just throwing that in there. I guess the K's and the ERA stat dont do it for you? I know wins are not that important, same thing with saves. But its relevant in this case because Weaver does not have a good offense to back him up, yet hes still won all his starts, it just shows how dominant hes been.

Also, I did not use only six appearances. Did you miss the part where I said he led the majors in strikeouts last year? Or that he had a 3.01 ERA? He was clearly already dominant last year and this year hes gotten even better. Even if hes not the best hes still criminally underrated, mainly on this forum. Hes gonna win Cy young this year and people still wont know his name.

No, wins and losses are not relevant at all, regardless of the situation.

Again, this guy is a good pitcher. I'd put him in the same slot as Fish. Borderline top 10. Potential to firmly take a place in the top 10 if he is dominant all year.

Also, just stop it with the Cy Young talk. He has 30 starts to make. And he is a fly-ball pitcher. Talented as hell, but fly-ball pitchers are by far the hardest to predict. Can't use a 6-game sample size and attempt to project it over a full season with a guy like Weaver.

Also, ironically, right after I read this thread, I read a Rob Neyer article pointing out how lucky Weaver has gotten so far this year. Well, a combination of skill and luck have led to his filthy numbers thus far this season. I would tend to agree.

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/4/26/2134933/jered-weaver-really-good-really-lucky

There is the article, by the way.

How's that one hit wonder Ubaldo Jimenez doing? :lol: .

Some of you need to get a clue. How anyone could say he is better than Halladay and a large amount of better pitchers is beyond me.

I like how when a hitter does well at Coors, it's because he's playing at Coors. But when a pitcher pitches well at Coors, it STILL doesn't matter.

In the words of bitching ECN, I'm really not surprised you'd bring up some more stupid shit. Ubaldo has NOTHING to do with Jered Weaver, but Ubaldo would still be the best pitcher on the cellar dweller Red Sox.

Check the stats of the other pitchers on the list over the last 3 years

Verlander, Price, Santana, Sabathia, Lester, over Weaver? :blink:

Im appalled. I really am.

Yes all off them for sure you are a super homer tho so it does not surprise me..