GM6: Dallas at Portland (DAL 3-2)

I kinda want this series to go 7 for more rest. But I want Dallas in round 2 so we can expose them as the chokers they really are. :glasses:

How exactly would the two time defending NBA Champions, and heavy favourites, beating a clearly inferior team who would be a heavy underdog expose the heavy underdog of anything? :huh:

It is pretty funny how much shit Dirk gets for "choking" considering how well he consistently plays in the playoffs and how he plays even better in elimination games. It is a shame that he will likely never get a championship and will always be labelled as a choker, despite the fact that it is a hell of an accomplishment to put his team into the positions that he has year in and year out despite the fact that he has, for the most part, had a pretty mediocore supporting cast for the majority of his time as a bonafide franchise calibre player.

• Like 1

How exactly would the two time defending NBA Champions, and heavy favourites, beating a clearly inferior team who would be a heavy underdog expose the heavy underdog of anything? :huh:

It is pretty funny how much shit Dirk gets for "choking" considering how well he consistently plays in the playoffs and how he plays even better in elimination games. It is a shame that he will likely never get a championship and will always be labelled as a choker, despite the fact that it is a hell of an accomplishment to put his team into the positions that he has year in and year out despite the fact that he has, for the most part, had a pretty mediocore supporting cast for the majority of his time as a bonafide franchise calibre player.

I never said anything about Dirk.

The Mavs as a whole have always been chokers though. And in case you havent noticed the Lakers arent exactly dominating right now. The series could go either way but obviously the Lakers are the favorites.

I never said anything about Dirk.

The Mavs as a whole have always been chokers though. And in case you havent noticed the Lakers arent exactly dominating right now. The series could go either way but obviously the Lakers are the favorites.

Never said that you said anything about Dirk (although I can see why it looks that way as I didn't really clarify that, which is my bad). To be fair, though, if you are talking about the Mavs "being exposed as the chokers that they are" you are most definitely talking about Dirk. It may be indirectly, but it is still labelling him as a choker, at least as far as I am concerned.

Still, no matter how poorly the Lakers may or may not be playing (I literally wouldn't know since the only games I have watched are a couple of Mavs games), beating the Mavs will do nothing to expose them. The only way that the Mavs can come out of this series with people talking about them as chokers, and having a valid argument, would be if they get a 3-0 series lead and end up blowing it.

I just found your comment about exposing them of being chokers pretty funny considering how much of an underdog they are going to be in that series.

How are they an underdog when all year the analysts have been saying the Mavs are the best team out West.. most likely to come out of the west.. etc.

All we have been hearing is there is no way the Lakers will threepeat, too inconsistent, kobe's lost a step, etc.