Miami Heat Dress Seats As Fans

What exactly is the point of this? All the seats in the triple A are covered in white for the playoffs. Nice try though.

They put sheets over the seats because they know they can't sellout a game. Good try though.

They weren't even shirts. They were sheets.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

They did it back in 06 too, but it wasn't a big deal because people weren't on our jock as much. Thats cool though, it might be "empty" but its about as exciting a crowd as the other dead beat fans in the NBA, even if most of them show up late.

Bet you didn't know this though, they put little packets and shit in the white sheets... at least thats how it was when I went back in 06.

BTW the Thunder fans also suck, look at what they did

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/files/2011/04/thunder-playoff-shirts-blue-532x342.jpg

How dare they.

Edited by SRV

its not that they dont sell out those are just late arrivers...the building is still loud throughout the game though, they had boston sucks chants in the first damn possession lol

btw those empty court-side seats..thats where cp3 and his boys were sitting lol

I thought that was to enhance the "white hot" effect and I thought they sold out everything all season and I assume into the playoffs obviously. They do have usually have a late arriving crowd, always looks like it's packed after a while.

Also wasn't it there ticketing staff that was fired because everything sold out after LeBron and Bosh came down lol?

We have no trouble at all selling out....and yes, we did fire the ticketing staff. People just arrive late, its that simple. Did you see how packed it was in the 4th quarter? People can't sit in their seats the whole game, they gotta get food, drinks, go to the bathroom, wait in long lines....it can't look packed the whole game. Its also the way the arena is set up. Its more like a bowl while other arenas are like a square so you see the crowd at a wider angle rather than just the first few rows.

We have no trouble at all selling out....and yes, we did fire the ticketing staff. People just arrive late, its that simple. Did you see how packed it was in the 4th quarter? People can't sit in their seats the whole game, they gotta get food, drinks, go to the bathroom, wait in long lines....it can't look packed the whole game. Its also the way the arena is set up. Its more like a bowl while other arenas are like a square so you see the crowd at a wider angle rather than just the first few rows.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and show me a good source, but I've read multiple times that the Heat didn't sell out a single game this season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and show me a good source, but I've read multiple times that the Heat didn't sell out a single game this season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

You are wrong...very, very wrong. Much like LA, it takes Heat fans 1/2-1 quarter to fill up the arena, partially because only rich, fair-weather fans can afford the lower bowl seats, and partially because the arena is in a difficult part of the city to get to traffic-wise.

We sold out every game.....I believe that people saying we can't fill the arena don't watch the game. Clearly it was jam packed tonight, as well as every playoff home game so far. The white sheets are there to fill the theme. It doesn't look too great when you have everyone wearing white, and then you have a red seat sticking out.

We could also be #1 in attendance, but I think we have one of the smallest arenas in terms of crowd capacity.

Edited by SRV

Is that what it has to come to now? Fanbase threads? I can smell the sour grapes through the screen right now. Funny how even though we have late arrivers due to people getting off work close to game time and then heading to a heavily congested area of the city, we still outdo Boston in overall attendance and % filled.

• Like 1

This is quite honestly the dumbest news story ever. Boston media is more concerned about where our fans are in the first 5 minutes of the game as opposed to why their team can't beat us now.

• 7 months later...

This is quite honestly the dumbest news story ever. Boston media is more concerned about where our fans are in the first 5 minutes of the game as opposed to why their team can't beat us now.

I ran into this story by chance and I had to laugh out loud. We are season ticket holders and attended all games when we were in town but the few that we had to sell were not on the ticket exchange for more than 24 hours at 2 and 3 times what the face value of the ticket was. We would not be able to do this unless the games were sold out. What a lame attempt to put down the Heat fans.