GM3: LA Lakers at Dallas (DAL 2-0)

I called this at least a couple months ago. I knew that if the Mavs would face the Lakers in the playoffs, the Mavs would have a great chance to win. They match up very well.

now who do I pick to win it all? :huh:

Heat.

I will bring this back up with Lakers make history winning 4 straight. ;)

im calling it now.watch stern make the lakers come back 0-3 an be the first team to do it thus humiliating cuban even more.

I still believe this.Even though I want the Lakers to get swept, because it makes Portland look that much better. :D

For some reason im feeling this too.. but im keeping my hopes up for it not to happen,

I agree with this as well, I think LA will come back.

:lol: Hope you guys are right because the way these Lakers and the way Pau is playing man this series is gonna end on Sunday.

Artest would have been playing off of him too. Odom could have played him man for man, but that wasn't the strategy. How fitting this game ends on a Kobe airball. What a bonehead performance in the fourth.

Probably but after he made 1 or 2 baskets he would have looked him down, no way he would have scored 10.

Bynum would be a bigger fail as Dirk would walk around him, Odom has done a better job on Dirk imo but not good enough. Dirk is just one hell of a player.

Bynum has actually done the best job because a lot of Dirks sucess comes of creating room with his body, when Bynum bodied him it bothered him. However it is risky because no way Bynum can defend him around the perimeter...

Maybe it's just me, but I still feel the Lakers can comeback in this series...

LA's defense is the reason they lost...again. Pau is playing 10 feet away from Dirk and is playing like Charlie V..no one on the Lakers are closing out on shooters down the stretch.

Laker fans must really hate Peja, he always seems to be a nuisance to them. even when the Lakers have come out on top.

I'm amazed... Yes literally amazed. But it's not the fact that the Mavs lead 3-0 that amazes me no... It's that, despite the fact that the Mavs lead 3-0 indeed, and that they've clearly played better than LA in the first three games, a lot of people still think that the Lakers can win this series.

Alright it is definitely true that it's not because no team has ever gotten back from a 3-0 that the Lakers will not come back as well this time. Records are made to be broken and I'm sure that someday a team will come back from a 3-0 and win one day. So the Lakers can do it, no one can deny that. That is true. But still I just can't believe that so many people think that they will indeed. It's just unbelievable how people are so confident in that team.

I watched the game this morning (it was broadcasted on French tv and I don't work today so I didn't have to wake up at 4 AM, I downloaded the game and watched it quietly this morning haha) and even the French commentator, even when the Mavs were leading in the first half, yeah even then, one of the French commentators was sure that the Lakers would come back and win (he was wrong about that though). And said at the end of the game that Lakers could enter history as well. I mean it's like the whole world thinks that the Lakers will win. Unbelievable. Really unbelievable...

Okay I said it myself, it's true that they can. Yes. But I personally do not think that they will. Why ? Well first of all because of the way they've played so far. And it's honestly hard for me to imagine them playing better all of a sudden. And the Mavs have been really great... Now I can imagine the Mavs being overconfident (yes I have watched the 2006 Finals.. sadly) and I'm worried about that, but honestly I think that by now Dirk has learned his lesson. And I can't imagine that they won't give all what they got tomorrow, to end the series as soon as they can. Especially that now Dirk has become a much better leader than he was at the time.

Second it's not only the fact that the Lakers didn't play very well and that they're led 3-0 that makes me think that they will not come back, no, it's ESPECIALLY because of THEY WAY THEY LOST THIS LAST GAME. As a matter of fact they had this game in the fourth, it seemed impossible that they could lose at some point but they lost anyway. That's a tough loss. A VERY TOUGH LOSS. And it's gonna be even harder to come back because of that. I know that Kobe is strong mentally but honestly... And the fact is that the Lakers need Pau to win. And Gasol just totally lost his confidence. Yet Pau is the kind of player that needs confidence to play at his best. And I just don't think that he can find it back just like that.

Kobe said that he thought that the Lakers would still win this series as well. He's doing his leader's job but does it really believe it ? It sounds more like he's TRYING to believe in it... It reminds me of the 95 Finals, when the Magic were led 3-0, totally lost their confidence after the first game and Penny said that they could still win it after game 3... It didn't happen. Now if we take the 96 Finals as example, the Sonics were led 3-0 and managed to come back to 3-2 (they still lost the series in game 6 though) but there was a factor that woke them up in the game 4, it was their spiritual leader's, Nate McMillan, come back. It suddenly woke them up and changed them into another team. I don't see something like that happening to the Lakers. What factor could change them ? Besides game 4 was in Seattle during the 96 Finals, it's not the same in this series. The Lakers will have to win that game away.

So for all these reasons, even if I admit that it's definitely possible, I just don't see the Lakers come back. And I believe that the Mavs will end the series tomorrow.

Also just wanted to say something about this last game, Carlisle did a great job during the whole series and he did it again yesterday, it was especially great of him to use Stojakovic instead of Marion in the fourth (Marion didn't do anything great in that game anyhow) as it forced Odom to get out of the paint in defense. And Stoja had quite some great shots in that game anyway... I knew he would bring something to that team.

Oh and no one can defend on Dirk by the way. When you have a 7 footers who shoots that well (definitely the best shooter among the big man in the history of the game, one of the very best mid range shooters as well) and shoots the ball that high, well there is just no way you can defend him. No one can stop Dirk.

I can't wait for tomorrow's game.