GM5: Boston at Miami (MIA 3-1)

Real Deal

West was playing great, and was making smart decisions. There wasn't much Rondo could do, he could barely shoot the ball tonight.

He disappeared (like the rest of the Celtics) when Miami went on that 14-0 run. I would rather have a floor general like Rondo on the court at that point. Miami would have most likely still won the game though.

Way too early to tell right now, but Chicago will only get stronger and Orlando may be motivated and will try to build a more competent team around DH12. I'm really pessimistic right now in regards to Boston, there's just so many question marks right now. Big Baby and Delonte's contracts are up, Shaq is done, JO is only getting older as well as the big three, and they don't have any solid trade pieces to make any noise in the offseason.

Orlando has depleted all their assets, there honestly isn't much they can do to upgrade the team now. Jason Richardson is also a free agent and I'm not sure if he is going to resign.

Chicago is the only other threat, Celtics have a good shot at beating them but it depends on what both teams do in the offseason.

Meh, I'd rather see someone with fundamentals work in the paint and lead a team to the finals than putting his head down and driving to the basket to draw fouls.

Thats exactly what big men do...Shaq (in his prime) and Dwight live at the FT line. Thats just how the NBA is today, fouls all day. Its only smart that you attack the basket to get some points. Its more exciting watching a PG like Rose put the moves on someone from the perimeter, cut between all the big men, and dunk it. Rather than catching the ball 8 feet from the rim, spinning, and doing a hook shot.

Edited by SRV

Looking at the playoff bracket right now, I'm beginning to hope that Dwight does decide to team up with Deron Williams or gets traded to the Lakers. I'd much rather watch 2 teams dominate the league instead of just 1.

Thats exactly what big men do...Shaq (in his prime) and Dwight live at the FT line. Thats just how the NBA is today, fouls all day. Its only smart that you attack the basket to get some points. Its more exciting watching a PG like Rose put the moves on someone from the perimeter, cut between all the big men, and then get fouled. Rather than catching the ball 8 feet from the rim, spinning, and doing a hook shot.

Fixed.

Oh and I'd much rather watch the spin and then hook shot but then again I enjoyed watching the Spurs play in their prime and the Spurs/Pistons Finals is one of my all-time favorites.

Well apparently the NBA should be renamed MMA fighting. Might as well have called Andre Bynum's hit on Barea a good play because he wasn't injured. You guys should know by now that FT's have been a big part of the NBA for many years now. Shouldn't be something new. If actual basketball was like watching Tim Duncan's post moves, then no one would watch.

LKR and AL pretty much summed it up.

Mid 2000's Spurs and Pistons could execute a play to perfection while playing some of the best defense in the history of the game, it was amazing to watch although it did bore a lot of people.

Well apparently the NBA should be renamed MMA fighting. Might as well have called Andre Bynum's hit on Barea a good play because he wasn't injured. You guys should know by now that FT's have been a big part of the NBA for many years now. Shouldn't be something new. If actual basketball was like watching Tim Duncan's post moves, then no one would watch.

I don't see what's wrong with the appeal of watching someone breaking down a defense with actual skill. How can you honestly favor a player that simply puts his head down and drives recklessly to the basket over a guy as fundamentally sound as Duncan, KG, or Shaq? Just for a second, disregard Wade's ability to put on a show and hit big shots, and focus on this one aspect of his game.

I'm not trying to take anything away from him, or this victory, it's nice to see new teams contending, but the one thing I just hate to watch is a player putting his head down to draw contact in order to generate offense for his team. I guess that's why I respect Kobe so much..

Watching some shoot free throws is hardly any more entertaining, I usually flip the channel whenever I heard the whistle go off, which tends to happen a lot these days.

No one is saying that the fouling should go that far but how exactly is it a foul when someone drives in and initiates the contact with a big man that is standing with his hands in the air? Blow the whistle when there is an actual foul. This is coming from a Rockets fan and our best player is someone who practically lives at the line.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FreeTS.jsp?league=00&season=22010&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=5&splitDD=All%20Teams

Looks who is at the top of that list. Dwight and Griffin, both big men. You can't say big men don't do the same thing that the guards do. All good players get to the line. Thats how you win games. Not saying its the best thing to watch, but a lot of the time something exciting happens.

Edited by SRV

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/FreeTS.jsp?league=00&season=22010&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&qualified=Y&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=5&splitDD=All%20Teams

Looks who is at the top of that list. Dwight and Griffin, both big men. You can't say big men don't do the same thing that the guards do. All good players get to the line. Thats how you win games. Not saying its the best thing to watch, but a lot of the time something exciting happens.

Dwight and Griffin don't have much skill around the basket and rely on their athleticism to score, even more-so than Wade and James.. I'm referring more to the traditional big man game that Duncan and Shaq once had.

For every great dunk these players have in games, there's about 6-7 FT's which they didn't deserve or decided to just draw contact to salvage a possession.

Wasn't home to watch the game but after watching the highlights the Celtics seemed like they were up the whole game until LBJ decided to take over with 3 minutes left. Impressive series by Miami though, definitely didn't see this series finishing in 5 but Wade and LeBron were amazing.

What a game. I was really beginning to doubt thee guys as it seemed like on of those early season games where we thought we had it in the bag and gave minimal effort, especially LBJ in the first half. However, as the game wore on and Boston wouldn't pull away you knew something was going to happen. The shot that changed everything was the James Jones three. It put us down 2, but you knew Miami was going to make a run after that. LeBron was absolute money down the stretch and just about shut up every critic possible with those last few minutes. That was just unreal.

Also, lol @ the LeBron was crying thing. Pretty obvious he wasn't crying more just giving thanks now he's further than he was last year and got a huge monkey off his back (beating Boston)..even Wade was somewhat emotional after but I doubt either of them was crying. What a game from those 2.

Hats off to Boston though, I know it ended in 5 but they pushed us in every game. I think they have a couple years left in them. They were faced with too much to overcome in this series.

• Owner

I won $200 as long as Chicago gets to the ECF's. I bet my cousin (who thought Boston would be in there against the Bulls) that it would be the Heat and Bulls. Once the Perkins trade went down, the door opened a bit more for Miami.

lol @ this video the second step is a hop step there is no 3 steps :lol:

You have to go up or pass after the pro hop. You can't take a step in. He took a step, then a pro-hop (which is technically a travel), then another step in after his feet slid.

So, he actually traveled at the beginning (with the pro hop after the drive step), then a second time as his feet slid, then a third when he took the step in.

You're right, it's not three steps...it's four + a slide.

It has basically been a free throw shooting contest.

Better hope it's not the Heat and Thunder in the Finals. You'll see 60 FT's every game, just between Durant, Westbrook, Wade and James.

Not sure if anyone caught the press conference, but after the game LBJ apologized for the way everything went down this summer.

Edited by Flash

Not sure if anyone caught the press conference, but after the game LBJ apologized for the way everything went down this summer.

I was pretty surprised that he apologized. Even though it took a year for him to apologize, it makes me hate him a little less.

http://video.msn.com?vid=f0b2a7c2-b922-4d09-8182-4334514579e8&mkt=en-us&src=FLPl:share:permalink:null

Pretty random if you ask me. He should have done it a long time not after they beat the Celts, better late than ever though.

Pretty random if you ask me. He should have done it a long time not after they beat the Celts, better late than ever though.

Well, he shouldn't have to apologize for leaving. I do agree it was right to apologize for how it happened though.