GM7: Memphis at Oklahoma City (tied 3-3)

I am SO excited for this game. Two good teams fairly evenly matched. Both teams play pretty well. Both teams have some flaws. There's an unstoppable force vs. immovable object matchup of the Grizzlies frontcourt on offense vs. the Thunder's defensive frontcourt, plus Kevin Durant vs. Tony Allen. Both teams have heart. This should be a blast. I can't wait until 3:30 Eastern Time*!!!

* 12:30 Pacific

^Same here. It's going to be interesting to see how many shots Durant gets off today in comparison to Westbrook. I would think that Scott Brooks emphasized getting Durant the ball more after last game, if they are gonna lose they might as well lose on his shoulders.

^Same here. It's going to be interesting to see how many shots Durant gets off today in comparison to Westbrook. I would think that Scott Brooks emphasized getting Durant the ball more after last game, if they are gonna lose they might as well lose on his shoulders.

I want to see how Durant and Brooks adjust to Memphis overplaying Durant. Westbrook was given well-deserved flak early in the series for jacking up awful shots and not moving the ball, but Durant couldn't get himself open in Game Six. I want to see how that situation is rectified.

You know, this is a reputation game for the Thunder, a lot like Game Four was. Durant was extremely clutch in that game, and Westbrook made some huge plays. However, in this game, the Thunder are going to need Durant to get shots that he wants to take, and shots going to the basket. He couldn't escape the Grizzlies ball denial and only looked to shoot jumpers in Game Six. That won't be good enough. He can't score off the dribble early in Game Seven either. And we've already seen Westbrook abort one possession with a bad shot.

Kevin Durant is forcing up so many bad shots...

Because as JVG said, he's not a good enough passer to draw and dish. He wants to get to the rim. His mindset is better. But he's not a strong enough player to score in extreme traffic, and his court vision isn't MVP-caliber to make great passes.