Greatest Player in your NBA history?

Scout200

Kobe's the greatest player I've personally followed throughout his whole career. I didn't get a chance to see Jordan till the 2000's (though I have seen a ton of games from his prime years and have read a lot about him).

1. Kobe

2. Shaq

3. Duncan

4. LBJ

5. Garnett

• Owner

1) Jordan

2) Kobe

3) Shaq

4) Hakeem

5) Duncan

I started watching basketball around 1989 or 1990, so I didn't see much of Magic and Larry, just games I've downloaded or have seen on Classic (which has been quite a bit, but not compared to those I listed above).

1) Jordan

2) Kobe

3) Shaq

4) Duncan

5) Malone

I started watching basketball around 1989 or 1990, so I didn't see much of Magic and Larry, just games I've downloaded or have seen on Classic (which has been quite a bit, but not compared to those I listed above).

Surprised you put Malone over Hakeem and Barkley (I realize Malone is better than Barkley, but I vaguely remember you saying how much you enjoyed watching Charles play).

Kobe's the greatest player I've personally followed throughout his whole career. I didn't get a chance to see Jordan till the 2000's (though I have seen a ton of games from his prime years and have read a lot about him).

1. Kobe

2. Shaq

3. Duncan

4. LBJ

5. Garnett

Yep. Same.

• Owner

Surprised you put Malone over Hakeem and Barkley (I realize Malone is better than Barkley, but I vaguely remember you saying how much you enjoyed watching Charles play).

Ah, you got me with Hakeem. I have to stick him over Malone.

And Sir Charles was my favorite player (along with MJ), but I can't even say he's the third best PF in the history of the game (which would go to KG, in my opinion). Duncan, Malone, Garnett...then we can start talking about Barkley.

Jordan is the greatest player I've ever seen play the game...but I didn't see him til later in his career, as I didn't start watching basketball until the late 90's.

Kobe is probably 2nd, with a guy like Shaq being the most dominant player I've ever seen. There were times in the late 90's and early 2000's I remember where he was literally unstoppable; it was crazy.

I've been watching basketball ever since I was born (1986), but I remember almost all of the 90's.

Jordan

Magic (tail end of his career)

Bird (for maybe a year or two)

Kobe

Shaq

Duncan

Malone

Stockton

Barkley

Hakeem

Ewing

Robinson

KG

Allen Iverson

Gary Payton

Jason Kidd

Steve Nash

Man I'm lucky to have seen the majority of these all time greats play their entire careers!

Dirk Nowitzki

I'll start from the early '00's (I followed the last 2 seasons of MJ's career but I still was young), and I'll got by prime play rather than career...

1) Shaq

2) Kobe

T3) Duncan

T3) LeBron

5) Garnett

I remember watching Jordan play from time to time, but just like Nitro I was too young to fairly assess his game in comparison to the guys I heavily watched at the turn of the century. My top 5 would go something like this:

1) Kobe Bryant

2) Shaquille ONeal

3) Allen Iverson

4) Tim Duncan

5) Chris Webber/Kevin Garnett

I started to watch this game in the early 90's so I followed many great players' career... I can't mention players like Magic, Bird, Moses Malone or Thomas though, I watched all their best games and highlights but I really can't say that I followed their career...

So anyway, among all the players I followed throughout their career, the player who impressed the most is definitely Jordan. Shaq at second, he was literally unstoppable at his prime. Then there are Kobe, Sir Charles, The Mailman, The Dream, Duncan, The Beast of the East, Stock, The Glove, Pip, Dirk, The Reign Man, The Glide, Zo, Sheed, Sabonis, KG, Kidd, Grant Hill, Penny, Tim "Bug", The Admiral, The Answer, "Killer" Miller, Rice, Richmond, C-Webb, KJ, Mullin, The Worm, Price, Spree, Grandmama Johnson, Do, Ray Ray, PP, Schrempf, Nash... Well and a lot of other great players.

By the way I didn't mention the players who are under 30, cause they still have a lot to prove.

MJ... No question. The man was literally allergic to losing. One of my favorite things about Jordan was that he never, ever seemed rushed. Even with 4 seconds left, he'd take just enough dribbles to get to the spot he wanted, raise up and hit the game winner at the buzzer. Just go back and take a look at that man's career and it will blow your mind. No athlete in any sport, Gretzky might be the closest, has accomplished what MJ has in basketball:

6× NBA Champion (1991–1993, 1996–1998)

5× NBA Most Valuable Player (1988, 1991–1992, 1996, 1998)

14× NBA All-Star (1985–1993, 1996–1998, 2002–2003)

6× NBA Finals MVP (1991–1993, 1996–1998)

NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1988)

10× All-NBA First Team (1987–1993, 1996–1998)

9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988–1993, 1996–1998)

NBA Rookie of the Year (1985)

NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)

3× NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)

2× NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (1987–1988)

NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team

#23 Retired by Chicago Bulls

NCAA Champion (1982)

2× Consensus NCAA All-American First Team (1983–1984)

Naismith College Player of the Year (1984)

30.1 ppg