James Harden, OJ Mayo, Evan Turner

fish7718

James Harden. I have always liked old school players and he is one of a few in the NBA.

1. Harden

2. Turner - He has tons of potential, and his game can be quite dynamic.

3. Mayo - Scoring and nothing more, although he did show against Westbrook that he can play good defense.

Edited by Newman

Absolutely Harden. I've always loved him. He's so [expletive]ing smooth dude, on the court he's just so fluid, can do a little of everything. Seems to have a good personality; Mayo seems like a bitch Lol.

1. Harden

2. Mayo

3. Turner

Really not even close. Harden has the ability to score and be a playmaker in the offense, and while his defense is suspect, he makes up for it with his multi-dimensional skillset on offense. Mayo hasn't lived up to his potential yet, same goes to Turner (but I expect Evan to have a breakout year in 2011-12).

• Like 1

1. Evan Turner

A rookie, and he's already the best rebounder and distributor of the three. Plus, he takes better care of the ball than the other two in their respective rookie years. He's also a good defender. Really, he's shown to be good at everything except scoring, and it's unlikely that any of the abilities he has proven will get lost over time. If he works hard, he'll be a good scorer too.

2. James Harden

Like Turner, a good rebounder for an SG (though not AS good). Scores very efficiently. He doesn't bring the same impact defensively as much as on offense, though.

3. O.J. Mayo

He's had an off-year, though statistically he is likely to bounce back. For his career, he is the best scorer of the three. However, he is a poor rebounder, and his lack of size makes it difficult to be a good match-up piece defensively. A reason why he came off the bench this year.

Edited by Poe
  • Like 1

You were supposed to rank em :rolleyes: I assume everyone is putting Turner last?

OH sorry I didn't rank them...I thought saying who I'd want on my team was sufficient.

I think it'd be fun to look back a couple years from now and see what SG turned out better..

Ok, well, if that's the case...

1. James Harden

2. OJ Mayo

3. Evan Turner

1. OJ Mayo

2. James Harden

3. Evan Turner

I believe that OJ Mayo has the most talent, and while he had a down year this year, I still believe he's a better scorer than Harden and much better defender. Harden might be a slightly better passer, but if you let either of these guys take the reigns of the offense you're in trouble.

EDIT- Just realized you were asking who I'd want for my franchise rather than who's the better player right now. In that case, I'd put Turner first, Mayo second and Harden third.

Edited by Nitro

1. OJ Mayo

2. James Harden

3. Evan Turner

I believe that OJ Mayo has the most talent, and while he had a down year this year, I still believe he's a better scorer than Harden and much better defender. Harden might be a slightly better passer, but if you let either of these guys take the reigns of the offense you're in trouble.

EDIT- Just realized you were asking who I'd want for my franchise rather than who's the better player right now. In that case, I'd put Turner first, Mayo second and Harden third.

Funny, I tend to disagree with you on a lot, probably just because you know more. However I agree with this entire post besides the end where I think I'd want Mayo over Turner...

• Owner

I'm taking Mayo over the other two, simply because I think he has the most potential + he has given us reason to believe he can be a very productive player in this league. Same with Harden, of course, but he's too inconsistent for my taste, and I don't see him as the better overall player.

Turner can be good, but he's just a rookie. Adam Morrison averaged around 14-15 PPG his rookie season, looked like he was going to be a scorer, and now he's not even in the league, just years after being drafted. Definitely not making a comparison between the two, but it's difficult to really make a decision like this with players who can easily hit that rookie wall.

Of course, guys like Blake Griffin are an exception because they are already considered franchise players for their teams...but Turner isn't in that boat, and while he possesses the skills to be a well-rounded player, I need to see a little more of it, in a larger role, to determine how well he'll do in the future.

I'm taking Mayo over the other two, simply because I think he has the most potential + he has given us reason to believe he can be a very productive player in this league. Same with Harden, of course, but he's too inconsistent for my taste, and I don't see him as the better overall player.

I disagree with this segment of your post. Although Mayo is the better pure scorer, Harden is a better passer and defender, and probably even rebounder. Plus, I love watching him play...He plays the game in such control and smoothness.