AC Green's Iron Streak

By completing his sixth-straight 82-game season, Derek Fisher has his games played streak all the way up to 495, currently the longest in basketball, dating back to April 15, 2005 (point of reference: the Sonics still had three more seasons to play in Seattle). Fisher moved into pole position this past December when Portland’s Andre Miller missed a game due to an NBA suspension, stopping his run at 632 contests. Historically, former Laker A.C. Green dominates with a remarkable mark of 1,192 (11/19/86 – 4/18/01).

Who you think will break AC Green's most consecutive professional games streak.. and when??

Yep. AC wasn't too young at the end of his streak too.

Yes but I think that you miss his point here..

It took 6 years to Fisher to have his games played streak to 495. If he played 6 more years in this league he would have this streak to around 1000. So he would still be around 200 games short of AC's record...

So Fisher would have to play around 9 more seasons to get this record. Fish is gonna be 37 next August... So he'd have to play till the age of 46. The oldest player in NBA history was Kevin Willis who played till the age of 44 (it's officially Nat Hickey but he only played one game in the NBA, so I don't think that it really counts..) which is already unbelievable. Not only that but Fish would have to play all those years, while getting older and older, without getting injured once !

So it is honestly just totally impossible for Fisher to break that record.

Fisher would have to play about 8 more seasons, wouldn't he? No way he's playing for that long. He'll probably play two more max.

I don't see anyone reaching it....at least not any time soon. You have to get to 700 or 800 to really have a shot.

WTF?! :lol:

Three refs, six eyes, and they ALL missed THREE fouls! :lol: Wow. Stevie Wonder saw that push and went DAYUM!

PS, in an era of highflyers, notice that these ironmen are usually guys that don't rely on athleticism (Fisher, Andre Miller, Gary Payton, Stockton). More highflyers = more risks = more injuries. I don't know if we'll see a guy who can break it in a while since athleticism is becoming more important.

Another one of those comments that made me ignore this guy's posts for good.

Sorry if you didn't listen to the outrageously popular 2001 album by Dr. Dre like the majority of us did.. if you had, you might have a clue.

THANX 4 SHARIN! dummie

FYI, I did. Talk about being off-topic.

If your only gripe was that it was OT (though it was still on the subject of A.C. Green, you nitpicking nitpicker), why didn't you lambast Rainbow Dash for it too?

It's alright that you didn't know the reference. Don't worry about it. Just stop being so QQ.