Terry Porter interested in Blazer's GM job

Terry Porter, who worked last season for the organization as a television sideline reporter, said he does not intend to reach out to President Larry Miller or anyone else in the organization to seek out the job. But, if the Blazers contacted him, he would admit interest.

“It’s still very much a desirable job,” Porter said. “Any GM candidate is going to look at is as an opportunity to work with a great ownership group that is willing to spend money and use resources to put the best team on the court. The fan base is second to none ... and when you look at the roster, I think it’s a good roster. If this roster was healthy, there’s no doubt this roster would be able to compete at a championship level.

“I know Larry and everyone is working through the logistics of figuring out exactly what the criteria is for a GM candidate. When they get to that point, if I’m someone who fits with that, I’d love to talk. With my background and history with the Blazers, it would be a good opportunity.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213873/Porter_Admits_Interest_In_Blazers_Job#ixzz1NVbo9qPS