When you sleep at hotels

reno

Do you enjoy it? To be honest, I really dislike hotel sleeping. I just cant stop thinking of all the germs/bugs/fungus. I had fungus in my armpit once thanks to a holiday inn, and it was terrible. They don't really sanitize the rooms well either, sometimes they reuse the sheets, and most of the time they reuse the blankets. When I go to a hotel, if its one night I'll usually skip a shower, i spray the whole room with lysol, and either change into pajamas with super long socks, or wear jeans/long sleeves to bed. I also bring a towel from home and put it on my pillow. Don't wish to put my head on a pillow where previous people probably drooled on/and god knows what else. This one time I stayed at this hotel at universal studios in orlando, the bathroom walls had small feces splattered on it, disgusting. They gave us another room, and the coffee pot had mold growing inside it, gross!

Anyway, what's your thoughts on hotel sleeping?

Hotels are gross. I work at one (a nice, well-known one too). It only took me about three days working there to realize I never want to stay at a hotel as a guest again. Lots of [expletive]ed up stories.

Edited by Phightins

I hate it....they put way too many things on the bed. All I need is one soft pillow and a quilt, not three hard pillows, a comforter, a quilt, another sheet under the quilt and all that. My room is never dirty though, I would assume a maid comes in and cleans up very well whenever people check out.

I also always get screwed over with the bed. I usually have to sleep in the same bed as my brother or dad (no homo), and they hog up way too much of the bed. I hate the feeling of being stuck on one side of the bed and not being able to move around that much.

I hate it....they put way too many things on the bed. All I need is one soft pillow and a quilt, not three hard pillows, a comforter, a quilt, another sheet under the quilt and all that. My room is never dirty though, I would assume a maid comes in and cleans up very well whenever people check out.

I also always get screwed over with the bed. I usually have to sleep in the same bed as my brother or dad (no homo), and they hog up way too much of the bed. I hate the feeling of being stuck on one side of the bed and not being able to move around that much.

Do you ever stay at the hotels where they give you those [expletive]ing sausage pillows? :lol: .

I can never sleep in a hotel. It either takes me centuries to fall asleep or I just don't sleep at all. The pillows at each spot I've been at have been ridiculously hard and uncomfortable =\ I've found the couch more comfy though lol

I've never had a problem with germs seeing as the ones I stay at are most likely 3 stars and up. The one that I've most frequently visited is a 5 star hotel and is amazingly clean lol.