WWE '12

Smackdown vs. Raw is no longer....introducing WWE '12.

For years WWE SmackDown vs. Raw has been the Sports Entertainment simulation series from THQ and Yuke's Yokohama. It's been a fun ride, but as with any franchise, fans have complained about annual aspects over and over again. Turns out the developers were listening, killed the series, and are planning on fixing things with WWE '12.

The stiff animations, the characters warping into place for certain moves, the confusing right analog stick controls for grapples -- WWE '12 is addressing all of that and feels good so far. That's pretty damn exciting.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/117/1171523/tba-wwe-12-20110530093457462.jpg

Read more

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

• 3 months later...

Any new info on this? I haven't really been keeping up.

I saw on a site about they added this feature called COMEBACK MOMENTS... i think it pretty sweet we have see how it is when its out.

Edited by CaliCurbStomppa

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Just went to Wal-Mart and bought it...got the Orton cover (wanted Rock), but I did get the Rock as a playable character. I thought that was only for pre-order, but I was wrong.

Hope it's going to live up to the hype. I rarely buy games on the release date, let alone the minute they are released.

This game is the real deal, especially the graphics and presentation. Controls are a bit tough to get used to, but I'm sure it just takes time.

Really thinking about buying this game either tonight or tomorrow, the only thing holding me back is that I just bought the new Zelda this past Sunday and I don't think I would need another game now. If its a "good" game then I can wait till December/January but if its living up to the hype as the first great WWE game in like forever then I need to pick this up ASAP. Plus I don't think they're going to give away The Rock DLC if I wait.

• Owner

Really thinking about buying this game either tonight or tomorrow, the only thing holding me back is that I just bought the new Zelda this past Sunday and I don't think I would need another game now. If its a "good" game then I can wait till December/January but if its living up to the hype as the first great WWE game in like forever then I need to pick this up ASAP. Plus I don't think they're going to give away The Rock DLC if I wait.

Graphically, it's the best...by a mile.

The grapple system isn't as good as HCTP, but it's close, and more similar than the previous games in the series.

Customization, easily the best.

Game modes and features, the best.

-----

Basically, if you took HCTP's grapple system and movesets/lists, and placed them into this game, it's a 10/10 and, by far, the greatest wrestling game ever.

• Like 1

Graphically, it's the best...by a mile.

The grapple system isn't as good as HCTP, but it's close, and more similar than the previous games in the series.

Customization, easily the best.

Game modes and features, the best.

-----

Basically, if you took HCTP's grapple system and movesets/lists, and placed them into this game, it's a 10/10 and, by far, the greatest wrestling game ever.

Okay I need to buy this now.

The Rock isn't DLC, he's an unlockable. You just get him right away if you pre-order the Rock edition.

Picked it up last night, fun game so far (gameplay, creation modes, and universe mode are all top-notch) and my only gripe is the story mode, still not feeling it but otherwise a GREAT game.

• Owner

Yeah, and I'm about to beat Ricardo's ass, because all he does is stand on the apron. I dropped ADR with three finishers, and Ricardo's dumb ass kept jumping up there and getting the ref's attention when I went for a pin, and I ended up losing.

^:lol:

I love how every match is very losable, I can be dominating most of the time and then Brock Lesnar can randomly drop me with a F-5 and take it. I used to struggle with this a lot in my first few days playing this game but I'm getting the hang of it now.

Anyways what does your universe mode look like? My mine is:

Raw

1. CM Punk - WWE Champion (babyface)

2. Brock Lesnar (heel)

3. The Miz (face)

4. Randy Orton (face)

5. Wade Barrett/Cody Rhodes/Dolph Ziggler (all heels)

Forgot who my US Champion is.

Smackdown

1. The Rock - World Heavyweight Champion (face)

2. Undertaker (face)

3. Stone Cold (face)

4. Triple H (heel)

5. John Cena (heel)

Intercontinental Champion: Daniel Bryan (face)

Divas Champion: Beth Phoenix? (heel?)

Tag Team Champions: Big Show & Kane

Yeah, and I'm about to beat Ricardo's ass, because all he does is stand on the apron. I dropped ADR with three finishers, and Ricardo's dumb ass kept jumping up there and getting the ref's attention when I went for a pin, and I ended up losing.

lolllllll wanna hear something funny B? like in my second ever match for WWE Live i was facing Santino with title on line and i was getting owned so Richard kept distracting to save my ass then ref kicked him out of match & Santino had me beat but I quit i was so pissed.

• 2 weeks later...

my wwe universe mode is like this.

i changed monday night raw to nitro and switched cenas belt to the old old old wcw belt.

Monday Show

WCW Heavyweight Champion-Dolph Ziggler, no.1 Contender-Samoa Joe

U.S. Champion-Zack Ryder (I Think)

Divas-Natalia (I Think)

Tag Team-Otunga & McGuillencutty

Smackdown

World Heavyweight Champion-Randy Orton no.1 Contender-Christian (I'm trying to make it Wade Barrett)

I.C. Champion-Alex Riley

Injured People:

Mark Henry

Brock Lesnar

i got a Stable right now on smacked down thats running wild on people.

The Syndicate

Wade Barret (Leader)

Christian (Co-Leader)

My Caw (Mike Justice)

Cody Rhodes

Jack Swagger

i got some created people on the shows.

for monday night i added.

Aj Styles

Samoa Joe

Chris Hero

Chris Jericho

Sting

on Smackdown i got

Hunico

My Caw (Mike Justice)

Austin Aries

Mr. Anderson

Jeff Hardy

• Owner

Did they ever come out with a patch for the thousands of glitches in this game? At one point, my CAW just came to the ring with half a face (no jaw), did some sort of a cartwheel/backflip variation through the ropes, and is now standing through the ring, and floating around (I was coming out to interfere in a match).

Also, one of the funniest things happened. I played as Cena in Universe, wanted to win a match so my CAW would become the #1 contender (instead of Heath Slater...come on). So, I put Slater in an AA...and I immediately started taunting him again, he got up groggy, and Cena automatically put him in another.

And another.

And another.

Lasted about five minutes, same exact thing...seemed like 25-30 AA's without me touching a button, stuck in a loop, and I had to turn the PS3 off.