Finals GM2: Dallas at Miami (MIA 1-0)

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Laker fans were saying the same thing after we blew that huge lead and lost the game in our series against Dallas. We were too good to lose 3 in a row, but that's exactly what happened.

Yea, but we have a really good defense and we have done pretty well on the road. Not trying to sound cocky, but I would be incredibly pissed if we lost 3 in a row. Dirk and Marion have been the only two players killing us so far, I don't expect their home crowd to make their whole team better now.

Plus, Wade has done it before. Went to their court and won the championship there, I expect him to lead the charge here.

It's still a factor. If the offensive rebounding is even, that's 5 less shots for the Mavericks.

Every minute, every possession of the game is crucial, and equally as important. The Heat played bad late in the quarter, but played well early in the quarter.

Last game I pointed out Wade's 10 rebounds, who outrebounded the opposing team's shooting guards by 7. This game he outrebounded them by 1. Like I said last game, it's something people very often overlook.

And Kidd had 8 rebounds while Bibby had 1 and Chalmers had 0. The guard play on the boards is important, especially this series.

You could say that about a ton of statistics. Nothing points to the offensive rebounding that says "Wow, clearly the difference." That's something you've decided to point to and act like we should hail it as the greatest acknowledgment to a statistic of all time. It played very little importance in the final 6 minutes of the game, where the game was decided...

Who gave a [expletive] about that when there was 7 minutes left and the Heat up by about 15?

Edited by JYD

@RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless

WHY IN THE NAME OF MICHAEL JEFFREY JORDAN DIDN'T SPOELSTRA INSIST THAT LEBRON KEEP FEEDING DWADE UNTIL GAME 2 WAS IN THE BOOKS?!?!

:lmao:

When did I say or do anything like that? :huh:

You keep bringing it up, and letting us know "you called that." Ok, cool dude, you think that's an important aspect of the series. I don't really seeing it being a huge deal - not anymore important as it would be in pretty much any series...Anyway, that's my point on it.

Not gonna bother responding to the ridiculous shit talk in this thread, just a terrible end to a game we should've won by 25.

What shit talk? Other than JYD and Poe's little back and forth, I don't really see too much shit talk going on (and I don't even consider that as anything). I thought it would be much worse.

Granted, I haven't read through the entire thread so I may have missed something, but from what I have seen it is very civil.

Why exactly should the Heat have won by 25, though? I didn't think that they played all that well outside of a couple of stretches (the end and beginning of the third and the period in the fourth before the collapse), but outside of those 14-15 minutes (and the last 6 minutes for Dallas) or so the game was fairly evenly matched with Dallas arguably playing better. You could just as easily say that Dallas should never have been in that situation in the first place considering they very easily could've ended up with a 10 point half time lead if not for the final 2 minutes.

Not saying you are wrong or anything, just curious as to why you think Miami should've won by such a large margin considering I thought the majority of the game was pretty even.

Also, did anybody see this during the broadcast?

http://i.imgur.com/HuR88.gif

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Because we were up 15, leaving at least 6 points at the line and had all the momentum. We went into ISO jump shot mode instead of slashing and doing what we were doing all game. We let Terry go off (why wasn't LeBron guarding him?) and then somehow let Bosh guard Dirk.

Because we were up 15, leaving at least 6 points at the line and had all the momentum. We went into ISO jump shot mode instead of slashing and doing what we were doing all game. We let Terry go off (why wasn't LeBron guarding him?) and then somehow let Bosh guard Dirk.

Fair enough. I wasn't taking a shot at you or anything, I just thought the exact opposite as I thought Dallas played better, but just had a couple of stretches where they missed some good looks or made some poor decisions with the ball that lead to easy transition opporunities for Miami. I thought that the game was fairly evenly matched and just had its stretches where Miami got into the open court which gave them plenty of easy baskets. When it was a half court game I thought Dallas controlled the play more than the Heat and were better in those situations, which is what the final 6 minutes or so were.

A valid opinion to have, though.

Agreed with BFT, there hasn't been much hate going on in this thread, and there hasn't been many knee jerk reactions lately.

And I'll never understand why teams don't double the best player on the court in the final seconds of the game.. Let a role player beat you, not a player who's known for hitting big shots.

http://i.imgur.com/LMDGK.jpg

Really getting annoyed with Wade and James looking for fouls every play. Same thing goes for Durant..just play the game. There was a play (some time in the fourth) where LBJ went to the hoop and got no call, then he drives the very next play and got a bail out call. Refs need to be consistent with their calls.

doing what we were doing all game.

Problem is though, Heat shot 30 three point shots for the entire game.

You got every reason to stay confident, I can respect that, but it has to concern you that of all the games you have won, it seems as if the team is relying on hero shots from Wade and James, much like the Cavs of last year. I don't believe there's many similarities between the two teams, Heat are clearly better than Cleveland last year, but their formula for success is strikingly similar if you ask me.

it seems as if the team is relying on hero shots from Wade and James

They are superstars. They have the ability to take unusually difficult shots and still make them. It's what separates them from the rest.

However, the Heat need to minimize the number of situations where those shots are needed. They are not as efficient obviously, and a lot of times, even Wade and LeBron might not make them. Like at the end of this game.

Edited by Poe

Problem is though, Heat shot 30 three point shots for the entire game.

You got every reason to stay confident, I can respect that, but it has to concern you that of all the games you have won, it seems as if the team is relying on hero shots from Wade and James, much like the Cavs of last year. I don't believe there's many similarities between the two teams, Heat are clearly better than Cleveland last year, but their formula for success is strikingly similar if you ask me.

Oh I'm extremely concerned. This shouldn't have happened but I know we're better than they are and I know we're capable of taking 2 over there, even all 3 but I won't go that far. 30 three pointers is way too many. That's not how the Heat play basketball.

Heat are 4-2 on the road in the playoffs and while they did lose they game they were up 15 with half a quarter to go. There is still much reason for the Heat to be confident going into Dallas.

IMO this is going to be one of those series where homecourt is going to merely be a small factor, both teams have won some very tough games on the road in the postseason.

But again, that relates back to my original point in that it doesn't always guarantee you victories. Yeah the Heat have gone this far with hero shots, but now they're in a situation they haven't faced yet, going into the opponents arena for 2 games with the series tied 1-1. I still am fairly confident they will win in 6 or 7simply because LBJ and Wade are unstoppable, but there is a great chance they lose because of their bad habits (can't imagine them winning in 5).

Think about it, in game 1 they won due to their unusually great three point shooting. Game 2 they lose because for the most part, their players cooled off and didn't shoot particularly well from three (30% to be exact). What happens if all their role players play to their usually low expectations? Then you gotta rely heavily on the big three to produce big numbers, which isn't exactly a guarantee since they're in Dallas.

http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/37197372/noquitzki.jpg

I wanna order this LOL

I made a durantula t-shirt last year, might have to make this one

Also, did anybody see this during the broadcast?

http://i.imgur.com/HuR88.gif

Yeah, I saw that when I rewatched the last 6 minutes of the game and I saw, rewound it a couple times for a chuckle...

I honestly thought the game was over when D Wade hit that sideline three pointer. But from that point on Dallas starting hitting the same jumpshots that they were missing earlier in the game.

I dont think Chris Bosh could have played any softer defense on the go ahead winning basket. And lol at D Wades flop, that's as bad as they get.