Finals GM6: Dallas at Miami (DAL 3-2)

Real Deal

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But you guys won. And the Lakers actually have supporters. Who outside of Miami actually likes the Heat? Even before we got Lebron. No one, and now everyone just hates us as opposed to just not giving a crap.

I previously liked the Heat and especially Wade until he made his team of Superfriends.

Shaq? Wade basically beat the Mavs by himself, which is why this better "team" concept doesn't matter to me. When it comes to it, the outcome is of the game is decided by the one player on each team who can take over when it matters, and it just happened that Dirk did it better. Your team can only get you so far before one guy has to take control.

Well the refs do win you the game. Dirk was at the FT line all series and he doesn't even miss. He got himself plenty of points there. So yea, if the refs are on your side you are going to win. But Wade in 06 was a train, he clutched every game we needed from him, not one screw up except missing FT's in game 6, but we still won.

Ohh c'mon AL, you're better than that.

I hardly ever hate on teams just for the hell of it, but the '06 Finals were definitely rigged or the refs simply cared for the Heat more in that series. There's absolutely no justification for that series.

If they cared so much then why did they allow us to get absolutely raped in the first two games and then cut the next few games extremely close. If I remember correctly, we were on the verge of going down 0-3 until Wade took over. I don't think the refs would have done such a great job if they allowed us to go down 0-3. So really, just think about it. I can make a case for refs and NBA champions in every situation, but I just take the result and accept it rather than find a conspiracy theory behind it.

For what it's worth, I was rooting for the Heat in 2006 (mainly because I wanted Shaq to win another ring)..

Dallas clearly had the better team going into the series, but Miami won due to the officiating. If you seriously are doubting this, I advise you to watch all 6 games over again. Miami was a one man show that series, and had Wade not been bailed out every time he went to the basket in games 5 and 6, they would have lost to Dallas. The sad thing is, we still see it from him and LeBron today. They put their head down, drive to the basket, and wait for the whistle to be blown. Basketball is a team game. In games 1 and 2, Wade averaged 12 FTA's, and Dallas won both. The rest of the series, Wade had averaged 18 FTA's, and Miami won all of them. Coincidence?

Series was tied 2-2 going into game 5, Dallas led 100-99 with under 10 seconds left in OT. Wade drove into the paint, went up for a shot, and wasn't even touched, but the whistle blew. He makes both FT's, and Miami wins the game. Had their not been a foul, Dallas grabs the rebound, and from then on, they make their FT's, and secure the victory going up 3-2 in the series, and go home for games 6 and 7. Miami needed to win back to back games in Dallas, where they had lost both games by double digits in the preview 2 games. If Miami loses game 5, they lose the series, no questions asked.

Let's put Wade's Finals into perspective. For Jordan's postseason career, 179 games, he shot 1766 FT's which is 9.8 per game. The highest single postseason total in his career was 229 FTA's in 17 games back in 1989, 13.4 FT's per game.

Wade in the 2006 Finals had 97 FTA's in 6 games, which is 16.2 FT's per game.

Not even the greatest player ever had that type of treatment from the refs. NEVER.

I can make a case for refs and NBA champions in every situation

No you can't.

For what it's worth, I was rooting for the Heat in 2006 (mainly because I wanted Shaq to win another ring)..

Dallas clearly had the better team going into the series, but Miami won due to the officiating. If you seriously are doubting this, I advise you to watch all 6 games over again. Miami was a one man show that series, and had Wade not been bailed out every time he went to the basket in games 5 and 6, they would have lost to Dallas. The sad thing is, we still see it from him and LeBron today. They put their head down, drive to the basket, and wait for the whistle to be blown. Basketball is a team game. In games 1 and 2, Wade averaged 12 FTA's, and Dallas won both. The rest of the series, Wade had averaged 18 FTA's, and Miami won all of them. Coincidence?

Series was tied 2-2 going into game 5, Dallas led 100-99 with under 10 seconds left in OT. Wade drove into the paint, went up for a shot, and wasn't even touched, but the whistle blew. He makes both FT's, and Miami wins the game. Had their not been a foul, Dallas grabs the rebound, and from then on, they make their FT's, and secure the victory going up 3-2 in the series, and go home for games 6 and 7. Miami needed to win back to back games in Dallas, where they had lost both games by double digits in the preview 2 games. If Miami loses game 5, they lose the series, no questions asked.

Let's put Wade's Finals into perspective. For Jordan's postseason career, 179 games, he shot 1766 FT's which is 9.8 per game. The highest single postseason total in his career was 229 FTA's in 17 games back in 1989, 13.4 FT's per game.

Wade in the 2006 Finals had 97 FTA's in 6 games, which is 16.2 FT's per game.

Not even the greatest player ever had that type of treatment from the refs. NEVER.

No you can't.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee D-Whistle FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!