LeBron's Legacy

Karl Malone

The part where you said his legacy was tarnished when he teamed up with a top three player.......just like Kobe and Shaq were. Anything you said after that does not validate the statement you made.

So what you're saying is that Kobe's legacy was automatically tarnished because he ended up on the same team as Shaq...that is absolutely ridiculous. If anything Kobe was able to kickoff his legacy as one of the GOAT. We'll never know the turnout of the Laker dynasty if one guy wasn't there, so let's just ditch that dumbass argument. Kobe has had success being "the guy", something that cant be said about Lebron. He's taken the Lakers to the finals three times, and won twice without Shaq; where does Lebron stand in comparison? Lebron not only feel short in Cleveland, but now he's about to lose with arguably the best wing player in the world on his team. You cant argue success.

Edited by Confidence248

Kobe was drafted and traded to LA. Shaq came to the Lakers not knowing Kobe was going to be a superstar. Those are two entirely different situations compared to a superstar leaving to team with another superstar + an all-star.

He's saying since LeBron decided to team up with a top three player his legacy is tarnished. Whether or not Kobe had a choice makes no difference, he teamed up with the most dominant player in the NBA.

You're saying his legacy is tarnished just because he went to another team. So, that means that you think his legacy wouldn't be tarnished if Wade and Bosh went to Cleveland to team up with LeBron instead of the other way around? :lol: . Alright....

He's saying since LeBron decided to team up with a top three player his legacy is tarnished. Whether or not Kobe had a choice makes no difference, he teamed up with the most dominant player in the NBA.

You're saying his legacy is tarnished just because he went to another team. So, that means that you think his legacy wouldn't be tarnished if Wade and Bosh went to Cleveland to team up with LeBron instead of the other way around? :lol: . Alright....

How does that not tarnish your image? He basically threw up the white flag and said he couldn't do it on his own. Someone who is considered the current greatest player in the league shouldn't feel compelled to join a superstar and star, he should create a legacy of his own.

When I look back at Lebrons career when he retires, I'll always have an asterisk next to his Miami years. Success isn't the same when you're doing it on your own vs. doing it without a couple stars (one of which who has outperformed you in your first season together). The same shit happened with Kobe when he won championships with Shaq; but he altered his legacy by winning titles on his own. Lebron wont get that opportunity with this trio.

Edited by Confidence248

How does that not tarnish your image? He basically threw up the white flag and said he couldn't do it on his own. Someone who is considered the current greatest player in the league shouldn't feel compelled to join a superstar and star, he should create a legacy of his own.

When I look back at Lebrons career when he retires, I'll always have an asterisk next to his Miami years. Success isn't the same when you're doing it on your own vs. doing it without a couple stars (one of which who has outperformed you in your first season together). The same shit happened with Kobe when he won championships with Shaq; but he altered his legacy by winning titles on his own. Lebron wont get that opportunity with this trio.

So, would he get an asterisk if Wade and Bosh came to Cleveland with him instead? There's virtually no difference except you need a reason to hate and trash LeBron because you fear he will go down as a better player then Kobe. That is the real reason.

Whether or not Bosh and Wade decided to join James in Cleveland, I'd still say it would apply as the three of them talked about it and decided to join as a trio, whether it's in Miami, Cleveland, Toronto, or where ever. Kobe didn't have a choice, he got drafted and then was traded. Not many people knew Kobe was going to be the player he was going to be when he got drafted by the Hornets. The Lakers made a wise decision by signing Shaq and then acquiring Kobe as a rookie via trade. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all decided together to sign with Miami. Completely different.

• Owner

So, would he get an asterisk if Wade and Bosh came to Cleveland with him instead? There's virtually no difference except you need a reason to hate and trash LeBron because you fear he will go down as a better player then Kobe. That is the real reason.

What the [expletive]? I could care less what people think of LeBron when his career is over with.

The fact is, LeBron's legacy is tarnished in many eyes because he made the choice to ditch a city that he promised a championship to, and he went to team up with a guy that already had a championship of his own AND another all-star. How is that hard to figure out?

Yeah, people still bitch about Kobe's first three rings, say he was Robin despite him taking the most shots in two of those three title runs AND running the offense, as well as defending the best player. It happens.

The funniest thing is seeing Kobe brought into this AGAIN. There's absolutely NO relation there. Nothing said in this topic has anything to do with him. Maybe Amare is a sissy because he couldn't get the job done in Phoenix, or Garnett and Ray Allen were weak and couldn't do it for their teams? Why the hell did Magic have Kareem, who is one of the greatest centers of all-time? He was drafted to LA, but still...doesn't matter, correct?

LeBron left the city he promised a ring to. He went to be Wade's Pippen, and it has never been more evident than today, in the Finals series against the Mavericks. When people look back, no matter who they were a fan of in the past, they will remember his stint in Cleveland, then they'll remember his "decision" and how it was Wade that carried him to his first title (if they win this season).

As a Kobe fan, a LeBron fan, Shaq fan or an Omar Cook fan, there's nothing anyone can say that changes it, and history will always reflect it.

• Like 1

What the [expletive]? I could care less what people think of LeBron when his career is over with.

The fact is, LeBron's legacy is tarnished in many eyes because he made the choice to ditch a city that he promised a championship to, and he went to team up with a guy that already had a championship of his own AND another all-star. How is that hard to figure out?

Yeah, people still bitch about Kobe's first three rings, say he was Robin despite him taking the most shots in two of those three title runs AND running the offense, as well as defending the best player. It happens.

The funniest thing is seeing Kobe brought into this AGAIN. There's absolutely NO relation there. Nothing said in this topic has anything to do with him. Maybe Amare is a sissy because he couldn't get the job done in Phoenix, or Garnett and Ray Allen were weak and couldn't do it for their teams? Why the hell did Magic have Kareem, who is one of the greatest centers of all-time? He was drafted to LA, but still...doesn't matter, correct?

LeBron left the city he promised a ring to. He went to be Wade's Pippen, and it has never been more evident than today, in the Finals series against the Mavericks. When people look back, no matter who they were a fan of in the past, they will remember his stint in Cleveland, then they'll remember his "decision" and how it was Wade that carried him to his first title (if they win this season).

As a Kobe fan, a LeBron fan, Shaq fan or an Omar Cook fan, there's nothing anyone can say that changes it, and history will always reflect it.

First off, the comment wasn't for you, and secondly, Kobe was mentioned in this topic before I posted, which is why I responded.

• Owner

First off, the comment wasn't for you, and secondly, Kobe was mentioned in this topic before I posted, which is why I responded.

The comment was meant to anyone who likes Bryant AND is saying that LeBron's legacy is stained. The post itself was quoting someone else, but it's obvious why you posted it in the first place (in fact, I believe you even stated it, clear as day).

But, either way, the point still stands. Doesn't matter who I was responding to.

The comment was meant to anyone who likes Bryant AND is saying that LeBron's legacy is stained. The post itself was quoting someone else, but it's obvious why you posted it in the first place (in fact, I believe you even stated it, clear as day).

But, either way, the point still stands. Doesn't matter who I was responding to.

I said the exact same thing, he just has a tough time understanding.

Well, up until now his legacy has been obliterated by the 2011 Finals. IMO he's still the best player in the NBA, but he has no business being in the discussion as one of the best ever until he makes up for it with 2-3 amazing Finals performances. This series was just awful...awful.

Well, up until now his legacy has been obliterated by the 2011 Finals. IMO he's still the best player in the NBA, but he has no business being in the discussion as one of the best ever until he makes up for it with 2-3 amazing Finals performances. This series was just awful...awful.

I don't understand how he's the best player in the NBA when he's not even the best player on his team.

• Like 2

I don't understand how he's the best player in the NBA when he's not even the best player on his team.

LeBron is the best player on the team. He was the best during the regular season, in the Philly series, about even with Wade in the Boston series, and by far the best player in the Bulls series (when Wade was arguably as awful as LeBron was in the Mavs series). One series doesn't sway my opinion either way. It hurts his standing in the all-time rankings, but not who compares to him now...he was better than Wade throughout the year, better than Kobe who also had an awful series vs. these same Mavs in a sweep, better than Rose who was exposed by LeBron himself, etc...