Moneyball

• 3 months later...

Came out today, early reviews are oustanding...

Washington Post

Ann Hornaday

Sep 22, 2011

Like a cold beer under a bluebird sky; like a flawless line drive on a warm summer's day; like a long, languorous seventh-inning stretch - Moneyball satisfies.

Wall Street Journal

Joe Morgenstern

Sep 22, 2011

Never before, though, have statistics added up to such electrifying entertainment. After the mostly minor-league productions of recent months, this movie, which was directed by Bennett Miller, renews your belief in the power of movies.

The New York Times

Manohla Dargis

Sep 22, 2011

It's hard to imagine anyone but Mr. Pitt in the role. He's relaxed yet edgy and sometimes unsettling.

Philadelphia Inquirer

Steven Rea

Sep 22, 2011

Funny, furious, and full of front-office drama.

Chicago Tribune

Michael Phillips

Sep 22, 2011

Moneyball is the perfect sports movie for these cash-strapped times of efficiency maximization.

Chicago Reader

J.R. Jones

Sep 22, 2011

The real protagonist of Moneyball, however, is Beane himself, played with great charisma by Brad Pitt. (With this movie and "The Tree of Life" competing against each other, Pitt could wind up cheating himself out of an Oscar this year.)

Miami Herald

Rene Rodriguez

Sep 22, 2011

The movie is an absolute triumph of culturally relevant filmmaking – a film that will thrill and fascinate sport junkies and non-fans alike. If you like baseball, you will love this movie. If you hate baseball, you will still love this movie.

Chicago Sun-Times

Roger Ebert

Sep 21, 2011

A smart, intense and moving film that isn't so much about sports as about the war between intuition and statistics. I walked in knowing what the movie was about, but unprepared for its intelligence and depth.

Variety

Peter Debruge

Sep 9, 2011

While a hopelessly awkward-looking Hill provides fish-out-of-water laughs, Pitt gives a genuinely soul-searching performance.

I've been using Megacritic for a while now, haven't seen many movies every post a score this good...

Def will be seeing it when I can see it for free in about a week when I can use my free movie tickets :)

Edited by fish7718

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this movie last Friday and wow...it did not disappoint at all. It was a fantastic movie. I loved it, definitely worth the 10 bucks I paid to go see it. I'll definitely be purchasing this movie once it comes out on DVD. I'm not a baseball fan in the least but wow...it was awesome.