Grade your teams draft

AboveLegit

Wizards: B

Not a huge fan of Vesely, but I do like the idea of him running the break with Wall. I think it will be a huge part of our offense, we certainly have 4 guys in the starting line up that are tremendous athletes. I also like what he can do for us on defense, he gives us the length we need to help our JaVale.

Singleton to me, is one of the “sure fire” picks in this draft. I don’t think anyone is upset with it. In a division with LeBron and Wade for the next 5-6 years, we need that wing defender. Hopefully both Vesely and Singleton emerge as our defensive stoppers. They have great lateral quickness to do so.

Mack is a solid pick. He’s a high character guy, knows what it takes to win, and gives us a good shooter on the perimeter.

If we had improved our rebounding, I’d be much more happier.

Marcus Morris: I can understand taking the best player on the board but at the 14th pick, Kawhi Leonard would have made much more sense and arguably was the better prospect. Morris doesn't fill a need at all, he's a 4 that could play some minutes at the 3 (at least there is that) but I've learned never to doubt Daryl Morey on draft night. I look forward to seeing what McHale does with him, he's certainly a talented post player. Grade: B-

Donatas Motiejunas: great pick, raw player but he has the potential to be a top 5 player in this draft. Houston and Motiejunas are a perfect match. Grade: A+

Chandler Parsons: I would be lying if I said that I knew a thing about Parsons but from what Bilas and Draftexpress have said about him, he's a talented and versatile prospect that could make an NBA team. There were a couple of guys that I would have preferred but at this point of the draft I can't really complain. Grade: C+

Rockets overall grade: B

• Owner

Lakers: C+

We took two guards, one that shoots lights out (a Jimmer) and the other that was probably a much earlier second (maybe even late, late first)...but then we pass on David Lighty, Isaiah Thomas, Malcolm Thomas, Ben Hansbrough, Julyan Stone...all for two guys that will NEVER play a single second in the NBA.

Saving money? Doesn't make sense. If two others end up panning out, we can find a way to get rid of a few large contracts we have, and keep those minimums. But, no, the cool thing to do is to take two no-name bums, forgetting about guys like Manu Ginobili (who was a 57th pick) and even Ben Wallace (undrafted), acting like there's no legit talent that deep into the pot.

Whatever.

We took two guards, one that shoots lights out (a Jimmer) and the other that was probably a much earlier second (maybe even late, late first)...but then we pass on David Lighty, Isaiah Thomas, Malcolm Thomas, Ben Hansbrough, Julyan Stone...all for two guys that will NEVER play a single second in the NBA.

Saving money? Doesn't make sense. If two others end up panning out, we can find a way to get rid of a few large contracts we have, and keep those minimums. But, no, the cool thing to do is to take two no-name bums, forgetting about guys like Manu Ginobili (who was a 57th pick) and even Ben Wallace (undrafted), acting like there's no legit talent that deep into the pot.

Whatever.

This.

I'm not a fan of Morris at all. LA is in desperate need for shooting and athleticism. Morris can't do either. Malcolm Lee was available, would have provided athleticism and defense and LA passed up on him.

Goudelock is fine. Would have prefered Claxton or Mack, but Goudelock will be a decent guard. Would have been better off in the triangle, though.

56th pick was sold to Denver so whatever.

But 58th pick is a joke. If LA wants to save money, sell the pick. If they can't sell it, stash a player overseas with actual talent. Xavi Rabaseda , Giorgio Shermandini, Robin Benzing, or Tomislav Zubcic would be better prospects. Or draft a guy that at least has a shot to make an NBA roster: David Lighty, Scotty Hopson, Demetri McCamey, Chris Wright, Ravern Johnson, Willie Reed, or Gilbert Brown would have been better choices.

You have to maximize your assets, don't think LA did that.

I love Norris Cole and with what was left on the board (Smith and Jackson being taken already) I like the pick a lot. I'll give it a B just because we only had 1 pick to use.

Whatever.

Getting Darius Morris during the middle of the 2nd round makes this draft for the Lakers a success alone.

• Owner

Getting Darius Morris during the middle of the 2nd round makes this draft for the Lakers a success alone.

For most teams, probably, but he's not exactly what we need. Hope he comes in ready to defend and to learn how to shoot the rock.

Lakers - B

I liked the Morris pick, but love getting Adnrew Goudelock. He can shoot lights out, and I'm hoping this can translate into the NBA. Hopefully he'll provide us with a good spark off the bench.

I'd say we did a decent job based off of the picks we had to work with. Our last two picks didn't make any sense but one was traded to Denver. I'm not gonna whine about the 3rd to last pick of the draft, I guess nobody left caught their eye.

B-. The 2nd pick could have gone either way between Williams and Kanter, and although it would've been nice to address the center position with Kanter, I think we're getting a player that will have a greater impact on the court in Williams. Good job by Kahn managing to not screw that pick up.

All those trades, however, were annoying as hell, and I still have no idea what all we got from it besides Malcom Lee from UCLA and Targuy Ngombo from Qatar. I've never heard of Ngombo and don't expect him to suit up in a T-Wolves uniform anytime soon, but Lee is a decent option as a 3rd string point guard/shooting guard, but probably will never be more than a deep reserve.

What really ticks me off is that Minnesota had their hands on both Donatas Motiejunas and Nikola Mirotic. Both have high ceilings and would have been a great project to work on. Instead, we continually trade back to pick up next to nothing and some cash on a team that already has all the cap space in the world?! I realize the success rate for prospects like Motie is low, but we're going to be kicking ourselves if Houston gets him to pan out and they've suddenly got a great strech four in a few years.

Not gonna give them any lower than a B- though since Kahn managed to make a sane pick at #2 and resist the urge to pick Kemba or Knight.

B-. The 2nd pick could have gone either way between Williams and Kanter, and although it would've been nice to address the center position with Kanter, I think we're getting a player that will have a greater impact on the court in Williams. Good job by Kahn managing to not screw that pick up.

All those trades, however, were annoying as hell, and I still have no idea what all we got from it besides Malcom Lee from UCLA and Targuy Ngombo from Qatar. I've never heard of Ngombo and don't expect him to suit up in a T-Wolves uniform anytime soon, but Lee is a decent option as a 3rd string point guard/shooting guard, but probably will never be more than a deep reserve.

What really ticks me off is that Minnesota had their hands on both Donatas Motiejunas and Nikola Mirotic. Both have high ceilings and would have been a great project to work on. Instead, we continually trade back to pick up next to nothing and some cash on a team that already has all the cap space in the world?! I realize the success rate for prospects like Motie is low, but we're going to be kicking ourselves if Houston gets him to pan out and they've suddenly got a great strech four in a few years.

Not gonna give them any lower than a B- though since Kahn managed to make a sane pick at #2 and resist the urge to pick Kemba or Knight.

I thought the Wolves had a great draft. Derrick Williams was the best player available, Malcolm Lee was a steal in the 2nd round and fits the Wolves roster, and while all the trade downs had me scratching my head they still came out with a 2013 first round pick. Granted its lottery protected but surely the crop in the draft 2 years from now will be more stacked than this year's. Also picked up 2 2nd rounders from all the dealing.

In the end all the cash the Wolves mustered together from trading down will probably go into Rambis' buyout, so it might be worth it.

C-

Not even going to elaborate on this shit. Don't be surprised if I'm not active here next season with the combo of college and a shit team.

I thought you loved the three team deal?

Tobias Harris wasn't a great pick but not terrible either. He's a jack of all trades but apparently has a very high IQ and only 18 years old, plenty of time for him to improve.

I thought you loved the three team deal?

Tobias Harris wasn't a great pick but not terrible either. He's a jack of all trades but apparently has a very high IQ and only 18 years old, plenty of time for him to improve.

I don't love the trade but I don't hate it either like most do.

Actually, I like the draft picks considering where we ended up picking. Leuer could be a huge sleeper in the draft and Harris is still young.

What I don't like is that we're in this rebuild/compete phase. We need to pick one or the other. I would have been much happier with dealing Bogut/10 for the #2 overall that was rumored earlier in the week. It's deals like that are the only way Milwaukee can truly get talent and compete. Free agents (and even some players coming through the draft) do not want to play in Milwaukee.

I like what the Rockets did in the draft. Im half and half on the Marcus Morris I think he was a good pick at 14 but we already have a tweener Forward in Pat-Patt. Though I'm guessing he will spend more time at the 3 than 4 which would make alot more sense.

I liked us getting Donatas Motiejunas aswell. He gives us a young 7 footer that can stretch the floor and has a pretty good post game. He needs to add strength obviously which is the case with most European players and get in the habit of having a better work ethic but other than that I honestly think he has the potential to be one of the best foreigners from this draft and could possibly be the next Bargnani or Dirk if he works on his game like I said.

Chandler Parsons was another pretty good pick. He's not really a player that will blow you away with his skills because he does pretty much everything good but not great but he does have a good basketball IQ and nice all around game. He should be a nice addition to the team.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with what we got so I give the Rockets a grade of a B.

Haven't seen you in forever..... Btw weren't you a Spurs fan?

Well, the Grizzlies got the most talented player available and one that will make the team. He can play two positions and he's a scorer and a solid shooter. I'm satisfied with the pick. I think Shelby could end up being one of the steals of the draft if he works hard and keeps his head straight.

for dumb D'antoni thinking Shumpert is some sort of DPOY candidate in the making

I like Shumpert, but we could have done better, much better I think

D'Antoni didn't handle the draft, Walsh did. Who could we have picked that would have been better?

Well now that I'm not as mad... I'll go with C.

Vucevic was actually a pretty good pick that fills a need nicely. LaVoy Allen though...just a lazier, even more unmotivated version of Speights.

A+

...?

D

for dumb D'antoni thinking Shumpert is some sort of DPOY candidate in the making

I like Shumpert, but we could have done better, much better I think

Yeah, Shumpert has potential. Great athlete, has solid size...But not sure he's what the Knicks needed.

D'Antoni didn't handle the draft, Walsh did. Who could we have picked that would have been better?

Singleton or Faried would've been better. Faried could rebound. He could probably give you as many boards as David Lee. If for nothing more, the Knicks could've just used his hustle and rebounding more than what Shumpert probably will bring.

Singleton or Faried would've been better. Faried could rebound. He could probably give you as many boards as David Lee. If for nothing more, the Knicks could've just used his hustle and rebounding more than what Shumpert probably will bring.

They both play the same positions as Melo and Amar'e. Neither give you anything but bench minutes when the stars sit. Where is the value in that?

Shumpert could see huge minutes at the 2, will play an important role alongside Billups (defending the opposing star 1/2, running the p&r and allowing Billups to play a 2 guard on offense, etc).. how is that not more valuable than a 15 minute a game bench player who is behind two elites?

They both play the same positions as Melo and Amar'e. Neither give you anything but bench minutes when the stars sit. Where is the value in that?

Shumpert could see huge minutes at the 2, will play an important role alongside Billups (defending the opposing star 1/2, running the p&r and allowing Billups to play a 2 guard on offense, etc).. how is that not more valuable than a 15 minute a game bench player who is behind two elites?

A SG that can't shoot, excuse me if I'm not as excited as you are.