Who stays, and who goes, for the Sixers?

• Owner

C - Marreese Speights | Spencer Hawes | Nikola Vucevic

PF - Elton Brand | Craig Brackins | Lavoy Allen

SF - Thaddeus Young | Andres Nocioni

SG - Andre Iguodala | Evan Turner | Jodie Meeks

PG - Jrue Holiday | Louis Williams

With rumors of Iggy being in trade talks for Kaman (to acquire an expiring deal) and big question marks for Elton Brand (FA in two years) and Thaddeus Young (who will be a free agent after this upcoming season), what players do you see headed out the door? Who is expendable?

Also, if you were running the team, what direction would you go? Is Jrue Holiday the future starting point? Would you give Evan Turner a chance to shine?

Now leaning towards keeping Andre. I have not seen one potential trade that makes the Sixers better this year, or in three years.

On a team like the Sixers, nobody is untradeable. But if we were to designate certain guys as "untradeable" just for the sake of argument, they would be Jrue, Thad, and Turner.

Now leaning towards keeping Andre. I have not seen one potential trade that makes the Sixers better this year, or in three years.

Problem with that is, his value will continue to fall if you keep him up until the deadline.

He came off a strong showing with Team USA before the season started and had a very productive year with the Sixers. Collins challenged him to be an elite defender, and that's exactly what he did. It's what championship caliber teams are looking for, he could be a very good second/third option on a 50+ win team. But, he did miss a good amount of games last season, and if it continues on to next season, teams will get more hesitant to trade for him.

I know some of the offers are pretty terrible, but if the offer of Monta Ellis is indeed on the table, I'd take it because it's the best offer you can possibly receive. I stated before that I don't like it for the SIxers, but you can always trade him for something better at the deadline.

Problem with that is, his value will continue to fall if you keep him up until the deadline.

He came off a strong showing with Team USA before the season started and had a very productive year with the Sixers. Collins challenged him to be an elite defender, and that's exactly what he did. It's what championship caliber teams are looking for, he could be a very good second/third option on a 50+ win team. But, he did miss a good amount of games last season, and if it continues on to next season, teams will get more hesitant to trade for him.

I know some of the offers are pretty terrible, but if the offer of Monta Ellis is indeed on the table, I'd take it because it's the best offer you can possibly receive. I stated before that I don't like it for the SIxers, but you can always trade him for something better at the deadline.

I do not want to trade him just for the sake of trading him, though. Unless we get significant cap relief or a player who fills a need (Ellis does neither), then I don't really see the point. I really like Turner, but not to the point where I am willing to dump our best player to get him more minutes. If we had a legit chance of acquiring Dwight Howard at some point, and Iguodala's contract needed to be cleared to make that happen, then it's a different story. But that isn't happening, and such, I don't see a scenario where trading Iguodala makes us better.

Maybe I am overvaluing him. But his value to the Sixers is probably greater than any value he'd bring back in a trade. Since NBA trading sucks and all, I'd rather just keep him.

But if he doesn't want to be there, and Philly's future doesn't involve him, why not get the best value in return? Let's not forget, Evan is entering an important season, he needs to get his minutes and make the most of him, give him a fair shot to succeed. Face is, Turner is the future of the Sixers, the kid has a ton of talent, but you're not maximizing it with Andre still in the mix.

But if he doesn't want to be there, and Philly's future doesn't involve him, why not get the best value in return?

Wait, what? Who said he doesn't want to be here and who said the future doesn't involve him?

Let's not forget, Evan is entering an important season, he needs to get his minutes and make the most of him, give him a fair shot to succeed.

Agreed, but not to the point where I'd just hand away one of our better assets for next to nothing to make it happen.

Face is, Turner is the future of the Sixers, the kid has a ton of talent, but you're not maximizing it with Andre still in the mix.

Disagreed. Well, you are potentially right, but I am not ready to go that far just yet. Turner is good, and I'd love to see how he reacts to a larger role, but I have also not seen enough to just hand him over the keys completely.

Edited by Phightins