76ers Could Be Sold In Next Few Days

According to Bloomberg News, a business group led by Joshua Harris, the director at Apollo Global Management LLC, will purchase the Philadelphia 76ers for approximately $280 million.

A spokesman for Comcast-Spectator, the holding company that owns the 76ers, said earlier this month that the team was exploring a sale: "I confirm we are in discussions, but we have no other comments at the time."

http://articles.philly.com/2011-07-07/news/29747364_1_comcast-spectacor-76ers-sale

I am probably definitely in the minority amongst Sixer fans, but I am pretty concerned about what this means for the future.

Nah, I feel the same way.

Nah, I feel the same way.

My concern is that they are already losing money, and now they will lose more since they need to lease Wells Fargo Center. Didn't need to do this when owned by Comcast since Comcast owns WFC too.

Also, all signs point to this being strictly an investment in a struggling company. Maybe we will all be wrong, and maybe David Harris will be the next Mark Cuban. There is no way of knowing. But if he is just in this to make a buck (he is buying very low), then it doesn't look too good.