2011 MLB All-Star Game

Cobb

Here's a question.. Do you feel the same about the players who skip the Pro Bowl every year in the NFL? (Not trying to sound like a smartass..)

In the end, he skipped a double coast-to-coast trip just 6 games off the DL with a lower leg injury (lower legs take a pounding with the altitude.. not making excuses, lol). Maybe the MLB wanted him there to make some extra money off his 3,000th hit, and some fans would have liked him to show up and watch.. but it wouldn't have been in his best interest.

I will be completely honest. I have a double standard, just because I do not give two shits for the Pro Bowl :).

I will be completely honest. I have a double standard, just because I do not give two shits for the Pro Bowl :).

lol fair enough.. I'm not mad about it, I was just curious and then it was spiraled into a completely different conversation -_-

Also worth noting that Jeter has been voted an all-star more than ten times now. He's acknowledging a similar group of voters every year, and now he's missing one year. Mental exhaustion is not invalid when you're talking about flying to Arizona just to tip your cap and shake hands. Plus, in a year where Jeter didn't deserve the votes stats-wise, you can assume that most of the votes came from Yankee fans who he acknowledges time and time again through the season.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=16866231&tcid=fb_NYY_16866231&c_id=nyy