2009 New York Mets Team Thread

fish7718

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he can still be decent, even if he "only" throws 95-96 mph. He was 98-100 pre-Tommy John so it is not that much of a drop off. Guys who throw that hard do not grow on trees, especially lefties. So I guess it all depends on his location. He has always been a guy who throws his fastball 95% of the time, and a well located fastball, especially one that hard, is perhaps the most dangerous pitch in baseball. Also, he has more confidence in his breaking ball now than he did in Philadelphia, so if he can throw that a bit more often, it can make up for the 2 or 3 mph lost on his fastball.

I just would not want him on my team because he is the biggest piece of [expletive] in Major League Baseball.

Edited by Phightins09

• 3 weeks later...

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=6600469&c_id=nym&topic_id=

That...Just...Happened! Wooo go David 6 RBI's tonight. Damn I wish we played 81 games at that joke of a stadium.

You sure about that? With that pitching staff you'd probably have an 8 ERA playing here.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished with a 41-40 record @ Citi Field which I'm very happy about. Rough season but oh well not as bad as the last 2 i guess. I hope we make some moves this offseason. Let's get this team back to the playoffs!