Trade Deadline 2011

Phightins

Yeah saw, that's a lot for a guy .340 obp .820 ops...

And more concerning, a .370 BABIP this season. Has regression written all over him.

The worst part is he will take Brown's ABs, not Ibanez's. So that limits the potential upside here.

Well don't get me wrong, I am very happy to have him. He is a great fit in this lineup, and it sets the outfield up perfectly for next year and beyond, when Ibanez leaves. But it is still a huge overpayment. Kind of like the Ilya Bryzgalov deal with the Flyers. Very happy to have him, just not for the cost.

This is unbelievable. The Cleveland Indians had the biggest acquisition in the AL Central? It's a great feeling knowing that front office WANTS to win. This is what Indian fans have been waiting for.

We started 30-15 and it has been pretty much downhill since then with a few nice walk offs...but getting Fukudome and Jimenez, along with the eventual return of Choo, give this team motivation to win. Now these players know that the organization wants to win.

As bad as we've been, we have the same amount of losses as first place Detroit.

Sure, we have great pitching in Tomlin, Masterson, and the bullpen and hitting is the clear weakness. But now we have a guy who I consider to be an ace. Ubaldo's had an ERA under 4 the past two months and seems to be heading in the right direction. This isn't like the move the Brewers made to get Sabathia a few years ago, because Ubaldo won't be a free agent for a few more years. That's what I like about this move.

We have enough prospects. Kipnis and Chisenhall have been starting daily, and our whole starting rotation is under 30.

On a sad note, we traded Orlando Cabrera to San Francisco. He'll probably make the playoffs with them, but I really like him because of his hustle and also his brother, Jolbert, played for the Indians a decade ago, and he was one of my favorites.. OC was a great player, and I wish him the best of luck.

I'm ready to see a Cleveland team in the playoffs. Let's get there, and keep this magic alive.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

But now we have a guy who I consider to be an ace.

Depends on how loosely you use the term "ace".

OC was a great player.

Cabs was a decent player, but that was a long time ago. Certainly not this year, with his sub .600 OPS.

A related tweet:

@keithlaw

The Giants, tired of playing a statue (Tejada) or an automatic out (Crawford) at short, acquire Orlando Cabrera, who is both

Cabrera was great because he contributed to winning teams. He's been in the playoffs the last 4 years with 4 different teams. He's batted over .280 several seasons and always has key contributions. This year, he played 2nd base for the first time in career and succeeded greatly. He's still got plenty in the tank and shouldn't be depicted as an automatic out or a statue. He's been one of the Indian's most consistent players all year.

Cabrera was great because he contributed to winning teams. He's been in the playoffs the last 4 years with 4 different teams. He's batted over .280 several seasons and always has key contributions. This year, he played 2nd base for the first time in career and succeeded greatly. He's still got plenty in the tank and shouldn't be depicted as an automatic out or a statue.

He's had an OPS north of .800 once, and a career OPS of .711. His career OBP is .319. He is a bad offensive player, but a solid defender. Leaves him a solid, but not much above average, career baseball player.

Playing for good teams doesn't make you a great player.

He's been one of the Indian's most consistent players all year.

He has been consistent.. consistently bad. His .598 OPS is better than one qualifying player in the entire league. But he fields competently, I guess.. doesn't really make up for being an absolute void at the dish.

I absolutely love Jimenez, and know nothing about the prospects, but it seems like we got a great deal. IMO the Rockies traded Ubaldo because they knew something about his arm that nobody else knew, which might explain why his velocity is lower than normal. It sucks, because if Jorge de la Rosa hadn't gotten injured, the Rockies would've at least been in contention for the West, and we wouldn't have traded him. But like I said, it sounds like hte Rockies got a nice package for him. Last time we traded someone big, we got some guy named Carlos Gonzalez out of it, so I trust the scout team

The Braves get Michael Bourn! I'm so glad that we now have a true leadoff hitter and didn't have to give up any of our top prospects.

@jaysonst Jayson Stark

#Braves agree on deal w #Astros for Michael Bourn. Hou gets J Schafer, lhp Brett Oberholtzer, rhp Paul Clemens & rhp Juan Abreu. #trades

@ChrisCoxMLB Chris Cox

The #Braves will also be getting cash for Bourn, who will wear No. 24.

Great haul for the Rockies. Glad the Yankees didn't overpay for him.

Yep, I was getting worried when the Rockies reportedly lowered their asking price and the Yankees started talking. The new asking price was still high, and Jimenez is a huge risk.

I said a few weeks ago once the rumors started brewing that the only way Jimenez would be traded was if the Rockies knew something about his arm that nobody else knew

Also, Wandy Rodriguez to the Indians is being rumored right now

Edited by trutrojan8

3-team deal Bedard for BOS: Federowicz, 2 other minor leaguers to LAD, Trayvon Robinson, Chih Hsien Chiang to SEA for Bedard,Fields. #trades

Buster Olney

-----

3:59: Yankees deal Jesus Montero, Dellin Betances, Manny Banuelos, and Kei Igawa to Houston for Wandy Rodriguez and Ed Wade.

Edited by Brooklyn Bound