Bold Statements for the 2011 NFL Season

AboveLegit

Make some bold statements on the 2011 NFL Season (and playoffs).

1. I expect Vick to have a good season, but I'm not sure he has the MVP type year he had this past season. I think teams will figure out how to play him. However, I think they take the division, but the Giants are a legitimate threat.

2. Some people expect Torain to have a good season for the Skins, but I think with his injury concerns, Helu takes over as starter by the end of the season.

3. Dallas finishes 8-8 and misses the playoffs. Not a fan of what they did this offseason, still have a lot of holes to deal with.

4. Packers repeat. Too many starters returning from injury, not convinced anyone can beat them just yet.

1. I think we will see some early upsets with some bad teams beating good teams with the lack of practices and not much time practicing b/c of lockout.

2. Eagles will live up to the hype but i think they will lose in NFC Championship

3. This is year Texans make the playoffs

4. Lions going to surprise some people this year if Stafford can stay healthy

5. A lot ppl saying Peyton Hillis is only a one year wonder but i think hes going to use that fuel and do really well even tho the browns won't be a very good team this year

6. Pats/Ravens going to SB against Packers

I don't htink #1 is too much of a bold prediction, but I think the Broncos will win one out of their firs 6 with Orton as their QB, and let Timmy finish the year

lol yeah it probably isn't the boldest statement out there, but oh well. Injuries could be a problem with Vick as well, but I think he will continue to trust his passing ability in the pocket. We'll see what happens with them, a lot of pressure is on them to succeed.

I think the Broncos will just use this year to showcase Orton's talent even more, and then trade him when the market is right for both of them. Tebow has a lot to work on, but you gotta get him out on the field soon.

Make some bold statements on the 2011 NFL Season (and playoffs).

1. I expect Vick to have a good season, but I'm not sure he has the MVP type year he had this past season. I think teams will figure out how to play him. However, I think they take the division, but the Giants are a legitimate threat.

2. Some people expect Torain to have a good season for the Skins, but I think with his injury concerns, Helu takes over as starter by the end of the season.

3. Dallas finishes 8-8 and misses the playoffs. Not a fan of what they did this offseason, still have a lot of holes to deal with.

4. Packers repeat. Too many starters returning from injury, not convinced anyone can beat them just yet.

I don't see how this is bold, they went 6-10 last year and cut more talent then they added...oh well

1. I don't think the Eagles defense is going to be what people are hyping it to be I think it's going to struggle, DRC going to have to learn how to cover slot, Nnamdi is the only corner that can tackle and when your line backers suck they are going to need them and they lost their leading tackler from last year in Mikell which a lot of people seem to just scoff at.

2. Jets won't be as good as they are hyped to be either they, like the Cowboys, have lost more talent then they have added, and Sanchez is still a mediocre QB who may be a winner but does not win games. Their strategy last year was to keep team close and win it in the end, don't know if that can work again this year. I see them finishing 9-7/10-6

3. The era of Colts is over the AFC South, idk who it is, but I feel another team like the Titans a few years back is going to win that division.

4. Arian Foster is not a 1 year wonder.

5. Sam Bradford and Kevin Kolb will make people respect the NFC West again.

1. I don't see the Eagles being all that nasty. Yes, their secondary is great but their front 7 is weak to be honest. Vick and DeSean are the truth but I'm not impressed by the Ronnie Brown signing at all. He's not a power runner anymore.

2. The Chiefs will be in the AFC title game playing either the Jets or Pats. I love their defense and that young offense is only going to get better and more explosive.

3. The AFC playoffs will be the most entertaining in a long, long time. You have NE, NY, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Indy, San Diego, KC all going at each other. Should be epic.

Jacksonville will make the playoffs. I like what they did with their defense in the off-season and they have been a team that has been a win or two away from making it these past two seasons...

1. I don't see the Eagles being all that nasty. Yes, their secondary is great but their front 7 is weak to be honest. Vick and DeSean are the truth but I'm not impressed by the Ronnie Brown signing at all. He's not a power runner anymore.

Eh calm down calling their front 7 weak, Trent Cole top 5 DE, Jason Babin a beast and Cullen Jenkins isn't bad himself. Their Dline is strong although no great run stoppers besides Cole in their front 7, they will struggle to stop run but going to be tough to block Jenkins Babin Cole Graham (when healthy) on the pass rush

1. Vikings will have a better record than Packers, packers will struggle to reach a winning record.

2. Cutler will win league mvp

3. Roy Williams will lead nfl in receiving yards.

4. Michael vick will have a very mediocre season

5. Jets will go all the way.

1. Vikings will have a better record than Packers, packers will struggle to reach a winning record.

2. Cutler will win league mvp

3. Roy Williams will lead nfl in receiving yards.

4. Michael vick will have a very mediocre season

5. Jets will go all the way.

Really?? Really?? *crowds pops*

REALLY?? REALLY???

Edited by CaliCurbStomppa

2. The Chiefs will be in the AFC title game playing either the Jets or Pats. I love their defense and that young offense is only going to get better and more explosive.

3. The AFC playoffs will be the most entertaining in a long, long time. You have NE, NY, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Indy, San Diego, KC all going at each other. Should be epic.

[expletive] you for making a Chiefs statement. By the way, you listed 7 teams in a 6 team format playoff LOL I don't think Chargers come anywhere close to the playoffs. Their D is shit IMO.

Eh calm down calling their front 7 weak, Trent Cole top 5 DE, Jason Babin a beast and Cullen Jenkins isn't bad himself. Their Dline is strong although no great run stoppers besides Cole in their front 7, they will struggle to stop run but going to be tough to block Jenkins Babin Cole Graham (when healthy) on the pass rush

While I agree with this statement, you can't DENY their linebacking corp is one of the shittiest in the league. Their d-line is good but calling their front 7 weak isn't too far off. Front 7 includes the line backers by the way, and guess what, you didn't talk about how shitty they were ;) Strong d-line can only do so much for you. Gotta have them LB.

I wouldn't write off the Eagles linebackers quite this easily. Definitely the biggest question mark. But it would not shock me at all to see Jamar Chaney have a breakout year. I wouldn't mind seeing one more guy added via trade or free agency or w/e though.

Vick and DeSean are the truth but I'm not impressed by the Ronnie Brown signing at all. He's not a power runner anymore.

Interesting. But considering that he will probably get 6 or 7 carries a game if he is lucky (and that's being generous), I am not sure what the big deal is here. It's not like they are signing him to be the primary back.

1. Lions will win the NFC North, barring any significant injuries. They have the talent on both sides of the ball to make it happen.

2. Kevin Kolb will be a complete bust, and will throw over 20 interceptions. Alot of people are buying into his hype, but I for one feel like he's unproven and we all know all QB's look like superstars in Philly's offense (AJ Feeley, Donavan McNabb, Jeff Garcia, Michael Vick).

3. Houston Texans will win the AFC South. Peyton Manning will have a tough time staying healthy, and his starting streak will come to an end.

4. Collin Kaepernick will start for the Niners only a couple weeks into the season, he'll rejuvenate that offense and lead the Niners into the playoffs. And oh yeh...they'll win their first round matchup.

2. Kevin Kolb will be a complete bust, and will throw over 20 interceptions. Alot of people are buying into his hype, but I for one feel like he's unproven and we all know all QB's look like superstars in Philly's offense (AJ Feeley, Donavan McNabb, Jeff Garcia, Michael Vick).

Jeff Garcia was a supserstar in San Francisco, had years far better than any he had in Philly. McNabb isn't calculated on the "looked good in Philly" scale, because he was old/washed up in Philly and then went to play for a coach who didn't like him (and Albert). Vick was a superstar in Atlanta, and I don't think it's the Philly scheme that's made him look good.. He just actually stays in the pocket and acts like a pro NFL QB now, rather than a gimmick option college QB.

Feeley sucked ass after Philly, but what did he have? Two good starts for the Eagles? I think Kolb is just fine in Arizona, especially with Fitz, and with a full-time job. I could be completely wrong, but I definitely don't buy into this Eagles QB conspiracy.

Jeff Garcia was a supserstar in San Francisco, had years far better than any he had in Philly. McNabb isn't calculated on the "looked good in Philly" scale, because he was old/washed up in Philly and then went to play for a coach who didn't like him (and Albert). Vick was a superstar in Atlanta, and I don't think it's the Philly scheme that's made him look good.. He just actually stays in the pocket and acts like a pro NFL QB now, rather than a gimmick option college QB.

Feeley sucked ass after Philly, but what did he have? Two good starts for the Eagles? I think Kolb is just fine in Arizona, especially with Fitz, and with a full-time job. I could be completely wrong, but I definitely don't buy into this Eagles QB conspiracy.

This is why you are awesome Mr. Long.

Yeh, but the way Vick came back was remarkable. There was no person who envisioned him to make such an impact after being out of the game so long. And Feeley is actually a really good comparison to Kolb, he has a couple standout games in Philly and some team eventually buys into it. What did Feeley do is Miami? Absolutely nothing.

Yeh, but the way Vick came back was remarkable. There was no person who envisioned him to make such an impact after being out of the game so long. And Feeley is actually a really good comparison to Kolb, he has a couple standout games in Philly and some team eventually buys into it. What did Feeley do is Miami? Absolutely nothing.

Kolb can only be compared to Feeley in that way if he tanks in Arizona, which is just an assumption on your part. Other than that, I don't see much of a comparison.

Kolb was a 2nd round pick, which would suggest that scouts/NFL teams think he has talent and he is expected to play well when he finally gets his chance. Seems like NFL people still agree with this, at least based on the price the Cardinals paid to get him.

Feeley was never really expected to produce much. When he did, it was a surprise, and when he fell back to earth, it was certainly less of a surprise.

Edited by Phightins

Kolb can only be compared to Feeley in that way if he tanks in Arizona, which is just an assumption on your part. Other than that, I don't see much of a comparison.

Kolb was a 2nd round pick, which would suggest that scouts/NFL teams think he has talent and he is expected to play well when he finally gets his chance. Seems like NFL people still agree with this, at least based on the price the Cardinals paid to get him.

Feeley was never really expected to produce much. When he did, it was a surprise, and when he fell back to earth, it was certainly less of a surprise.

Either way both guys only had a couple starts under their belt. My point is that they were both unproven. I'm making a bold statement as the thread indicates, I never actually said that he'll be a bust in Arizona.

Edited by Simba