2011-2012 General Football Discussion

fish7718

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying who I want, but what games of significance has Romo won?

Doesn't every game carry significance?

Talking about as of right now...not the past.

49ers: 4-1

Cowboys: 2-2

I still take the proven winner over the proven loser I don't care about a sample size of 4 or 5 games

Care to explain?

Do I really need to? lol.. y'all are riding a couple games worth of hot streak a little too hard. Romo is a better quarterback in every way.

Well, not every way. That playaction bootleg TD run he had a few years ago was pretty amazing. There wasn't even anyone on his side of the field, went untouched like 30 yards haha :lol:

Do I really need to? lol.. y'all are riding a couple games worth of hot streak a little too hard. Romo is a better quarterback in every way.

Well, not every way. That playaction bootleg TD run he had a few years ago was pretty amazing. There wasn't even anyone on his side of the field, went untouched like 30 yards haha :lol:

I'm assuming that's the one against the Seahawks game.

However, many 49er's fans are quite funny. I know for a fact that the VAST majority have wanted Smith GONE for the past few seasons, yet now all I see is "I told you Smith could be good if......". It's really amusing. I have supported Smith his entire career, but he did not play too well last year, and that wasn't all due to the coaching.

However, this new offense is really helping him out and succeed. They have too many weapons to suck on offense. :lol: .

I haven't watched too much 9ers football but from what I saw in the Cowboys game you can't put the ball in Alex's hands and tell him to win a game. You can with Romo, if you are crazy enough to trust him :lol: Alex Smith is a game manager, and not a very good one at that, what is it 0 or 2 picks in his last 11 games? A 9ers fan keeps telling me that stat, yeah that's good an all. Lead your team to the playoffs and don't throw picks and we can start talking.

It's getting frustrating all these people wanting to crown players after a few weeks of success in the NFL, it's ridiculous. People comparing Calvin Johnson to Randy Moss and Ben Tate is all of sudden amazing like come on, if there's anything that not just NFL but sports has proven is there are countless times where players turn out to be just a flash in the pan.

Now if you want to ask who's played better week 1 to week 5, Alex Smith. He's 4-1, he's played well when his team needed too, and he's first in his division.

Who do I want going forward? Romo. Honestly don't see how anybody can answer differently.

• 3 months later...

Hi people,

I stumbled upon a ranking of the best paid athletes and of course Cristiano Ronaldo ranked right at the top. Someone please tell me just how much he earns! I mean there seems to be a tons of rumors and talk about that. Speculation has it me makes an astounding $30 million every year. That number is kind of high, others say it is not enough though. What’s the truth of the matter? But it’s got to be plenty. Just look at the ridiculously fancy watch he just bought.

Can someone find me an easier schedule than this for this season? It is by far the easiest one I have seen so far. The more I look at it, the easier it looks.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers

6 games vs playoff teams, 4 more vs playoff contenders not easy at all imo