Javaris Crittenton Charged With Murder

Dr. Feelgood

Javaris Crittenton has been charged with murder after a woman was shot on an Atlanta street. Jullian Jones was shot on August 19th.

Police spokesman Carlos Campos said a murder warrant for the arrest of Crittenton had been issued and that he was not in custody. Crittenton is believed to be in Los Angeles and the FIB is involved in the investigation.

Jones was walking with a group of people in on the southwest side of Atlanta when a SUV drove by and shot her, according to police.

Campos said the motive appears to be retaliation for a robbery in April, in which Crittenton was a victim.

Crittenton was involved in a gun altercation with Gilbert Arenas in December of 2009.

Crittenton didn't play last season due to an ankle injury.

Crittenton pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge on Jan. 25, 2010 and received probation. He wasn't re-signed by the Wizards.

The Charlotte Bobcats signed Crittenton to a non-guaranteed contract before last season but he was waived Oct. 15.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215318/Crittenton_Charged_With_Murder

ATLANTA -- Police said late Friday that former NBA player Javaris Crittenton, who was once suspended by the league over guns in the locker room, has been charged with murder after a woman was shot on an Atlanta street.

Police spokesman Carlos Campos said police have secured a murder warrant for the arrest of Crittenton, who played at Georgia Tech, in connection with the shooting death of 22-year-old Jullian Jones on Aug. 19. Campos said Crittenton is not in custody and is wanted.]

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6899974/former-nba-player-javaris-crittenton-charged-murder

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

Arenas picked the wrong guy to [expletive] with.

on a serious note, I remember when the Lakers drafted him, the coaching staff was praising his talent and Tex Winter even said that Critt had allstar potential. Sad to see how far he's fallen. He showed flashes during his short stint as a Laker, and even though I loved the Pau trade I was sad to see him go. I'm not really sure what happened after that. I always recalled him as being a humble guy with a good sense of humor based off his interviews as a Laker. I never would've expected him to flop out the league so fast and get charged with murder... this guy wasted all his talent and opportunity.

Edited by The Artesticle

Coming into the league, they said he needed to become a better shooter. Still sucks at it I see.

What a tool. Way to waste your life away, jackass. The next news we hear about him will be that he got traded for a pack of cigarettes.

hahahahaha