Official English Premier League Thread

Cobb

With Manchester City's loss to Swansea, Manchester United is now on top of the table for the first time in 5 months. Only means that the match against Manchester City at the end of April will have even more signification.

As for today's Arsenal-Newcastle game, I didn't get a chance to watch the whole thing, but managed to watch Thomas Vermaelen score the game winning goal for Arsenal in stoppage time. According to the announcers, Arsenal is the first team in Premier League history to go behind and come back to win in 4 consecutive games. Pretty amazing stuff.

A beautiful touch and pass from Carlos Tevez to Samir Nasri ended up being the game winning goal for Manchester City. Not a good overall match, but they pulled it out, which is all that matters. Still a point down from Manchester United though.

Also, QPR came from two goals down to defeat Liverpool 3-2. :o

FT: Stoke 1-1 Manchester City :(

Not the result we needed, but Stoke was fighting for the win all game long and easily deserved the point. Here's a .gif of Peter Crouch's goal. Looks to be the goal of the year so far IMO.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv347/PapiChuloCobb/di-16KH.gif

In other Manchester City news, Sergio Aguero says he will not be going anywhere after reports came out linking him with a move to Real Madrid in the summer.

"The City hitman told The Sun: "None of the stories about Real Madrid have come from me and the City fans can rest assured I am happy here.

First and foremost, the major aim is to win the league title this season. Then I want to stay here for a long time after that.

"I'm very, very happy here. From the moment I arrived, everyone has treated me really well.

Goal.com

Haven't heard of him until today, so I can't saying anything in regards to his skill.

Cool picture from the game today between Bolton and Blackburn in honor of Fabrice Muamba.

http://i.imgur.com/MgaJW.jpg

Haven't heard of him until today, so I can't saying anything in regards to his skill. (...)

:huh: Haven't heard of Shay Given? The guy's a legend in Ireland:

Club:

1997 – '09 Newcastle United 344 games

2009 – '11 Manchester City 50 gms.

2011 – Present Aston Villa 23 gms.

National team:

1996 – Present Republic of Ireland 121 gms.

When did you start following EPL soccer?

:huh: Haven't heard of Shay Given? The guy's a legend in Ireland:

Club:

1997 – '09 Newcastle United 344 games

2009 – '11 Manchester City 50 gms.

2011 – Present Aston Villa 23 gms.

National team:

1996 – Present Republic of Ireland 121 gms.

When did you start following EPL soccer?

At the start of this season. :o :(

Manchester City managed a 3-3 draw against Sunderland. Was in shock to get home and see that Sunderland was ahead 3-1. Not looking good in terms of winning the title though, as I doubt Manchester United will drop any points against Sunderland on Monday.

EDIT - Torres finally scored a Premier League goal in Chelsea's 4-2 win over Aston Villa.

Edited by Cobb

Manchester City managed a 3-3 draw against Sunderland. Was in shock to get home and see that Sunderland was ahead 3-1. Not looking good in terms of winning the title though, as I doubt Manchester United will drop any points against Sunderland on Monday.

^ Celebrated like hell (placed two Draw No Bets on Man. City)!! :rock:

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ

Manchester United extends their lead to 5 points after a 2-0 win against Blackburn. :(

Title race not over yet though. Seven games left to play including one away against Manchester City.

Clint Dempsey had a brace today in Fulham's 3-0 win over Bolton. That puts him at 15 goals in the Premier League and 21 goals through all competitions. Got to wonder how much consideration he is getting for EPL Player of the Year.

Any chance that Manchester City had at winning the Premier League title is now gone. They looked and played absolutely awful against Arsenal this morning. I also cannot believe Mancini still have the clown that is Balotelli in the starting XI, much less on the team. Dude can't keep his emotions in check and it costs the team each and every game. Really hope he gets sold in the summer, although I can't see anyone having much of an interest in him after his recent performances.

I knew the eight point lead City had on United in December was too good to be true.

The race is over. Dislike both Manchester teams so not really bothered which one wins it. The race for fourth place is looking real good though. Newcastle have been on fire and have came from nowhere. With Chelsea getting a late goal only goal difference separates them two. Then Spurs are just ahead..any more slip ups and either could capitalise . Arsenal got a great win today which gives them a little ground over Spurs.

Relegation battle firing up now too. Wolves looking out of it now though!

My main focus is on the Championship though since I support Southampton. We've slipped up these past 2 games but still sit top on goal difference. Palace away tomorrow night is a must win. Then a massive game on Friday night against Reading at home..who currently have the exact same points as us. I really hope West Ham start to falter in 3rd place, I really want us to make the Prem! :(