Official English Premier League Thread

Cobb

• 2 weeks later...

A good read on Clint:

Dempsey, Fulham's American Hero

http://www.fifa.com/mm//Photo/WorldFootball/ClubFootball/01/52/04/82/1520482_FULL-LND.jpg

“Clint scores goals,” veteran coach Martin Jol recently said about his ace marksman Clint Dempsey, knowing just how important his American international is to Fulham’s fortunes in the English Premier League this term.

Dempsey’s other coach, Jurgen Klinsmann who took over the USA post seven months ago, also knows the value of his combative and fiery forward. He lauded the player’s “hunger” and “drive” in a recent interview with FIFA.com, holding up Dempsey, 28, as a team leader and a committed and devoted example to the rest of his squad.

Dempsey's current campaign in England has been his most impressive since jumping over the Atlantic in 2007 from MLS outfit New England Revolution. Last month he scored a pair of hat-tricks, with his goals in a 5-2 win against Newcastle on 21 January carving him a place in history as the first American to score a treble in the English Premier League. He's scored ten league goals so far this season, putting him seventh in the scoring table, and 16 overall in all competitions. “He’s a fantastic player doing what he does best,” added Jol.

Full Story

Good for him but I hate him ever since his tap on ball in the 2010 FIFA World Cup play-off against Ireland. <_< I'm still mad. F%$#i'ng France stole Ireland's World Cup berth, only to get humiliated at the biggest stage. The whole world knew it's total injustice for France to be in South Africa... Thierry Henry = Epitome of UNFAIR Play. <_<

Horrific uniforms in that vide for Arsenal.

It was a dirty play for Henry vs Ireland but like a lot of players say its more human reaction than anything.

He did admit it in the end, if he admitted it during that game the ref my guess wouldnt have done anything as well.

Not saying its right for him to do it. I was ticked as well seeing Ireland get jipped.

The greatest player of all-time had the original Hand of God.

It was sure a weird and kinda lame way to try to see if it went in... :lol:

Watching the video again it looks like he is pretty short. Hard to tell though. Either way it was a very odd situation.