Official English Premier League Thread

Cobb

^ OMG! We got another soccer fan! :rock: Welcome to the discussion, young Skywalker*!! :lol:

Edit:

*No pun, bro. ;)

Re-EDIT:

OH ME OH MY, YOU GOTTA BE OUR FIRST AND ONLY FAN FROM ULSTER!!! COOL!! I had to make a project for a European country and I chose... N. Ireland! :rock:

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ

Clint Dempsey scores again! This time to tie the game against Chelsea today. Really just an unbelievable season he is having this year. 16 goals in the Premier League and 22 goals in all competitions.

^ OMG! We got another soccer fan! :rock: Welcome to the discussion, young Skywalker*!! :lol:

Edit:

*No pun, bro. ;)

Re-EDIT:

OH ME OH MY, YOU GOTTA BE OUR FIRST AND ONLY FAN FROM ULSTER!!! COOL!! I had to make a project for a European country and I chose... N. Ireland! :rock:

Pity Northern Ireland has a terrible football team :( Not a massive fan of Internationals anyway. Mainly support Southampton!

Liverpool FINALLY get a win against Blackburn. A great start going 2-0 up, both goals from Maxi Rodriquez. Then Doni goes and gets himself sent off, with Yakubu missing the penalty. Yak then headed in before half-time, then scored another penalty later on. At 2-2, Andy Carroll gets the winner in the 90th minute. That may get a few Liverpool fans on his side after being on his back for so long. I hope the goal gives him a bit of confidence and he finishes the season well. Who knows? If he goes back to the old Newcastle Carroll he could be on the plane to the European Championships with England!

Man I really hate not being able to watch games during the week. Somehow Manchester United falls to Wigan 1-0, while Manchester City blasts West Bromwich 4-0. United's lead now down to just 5 points and the title race just got a tad bit more interesting. One more misstep from United and the Manchester derby could be the deciding factor in who wins the league. The 4-0 victory over West Bromwich helps City even more if goal differential is needed.

What a performance by Manchester City on the road! 6-1 win today against Norwich reminds me of the 6-1 win at Old Trafford earlier in the season. ^_^

Carlos Tevez looks to be back in form scoring a hat trick and Sergio Aguero was phenomenal as well.

All the pressure is on Man Utd now to win their game tomorrow against Aston Villa.

• 2 weeks later...

The title race is alive again as Manchester United draws with Everton 4-4 and Manchester City beat Wolves 2-0. It looks like the Manchester derby will indeed be the deciding factor in who wins the league.

Also, Robin van Persie wins PFA Player of the Year award.

The Premier League team of the year is:

Joe Hart (Man City)

Kyle Walker (Tottenham), Vincent Kompany (Man City), Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle), Leighton Baines (Everton)

David Silva (Man City), Yaya Toure (Man City), Gareth Bale (Tottenham), Scott Parker (Tottenham)

Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd).

Gotta go city as well. Don't really get to catch too many games but whenever they're actually on I'm watching. So I don't know too much about what's going but have been a fan of tevez for like 2 years or so(mainly due to using him in fifa) and just now saw aguero who is also a beast.

Ryan Giggs will solidify his 'Player with most titles and championships ever' status if his Manchester United wins the 2011-'12 PL. A look at Giggs' club honours with Manchester United:

• * Premier League (12): 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
  • * FA Cup (4): 1993–94, 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
  • * Football League Cup (4): 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10
  • * FA Community Shield (8): 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
  • * UEFA Champions League (2): 1998–99, 2007–08
  • * UEFA Super Cup (1): 1991
  • * Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999
  • * FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

That' a total of 33 cups and trophies(!!!!). Goin' for 34!

Records:

• * Has won a record 12 top division English league titles as a player, and only Manchester United player to have winner's medals from all 12 Premier League title wins.
  • * Most Premier League appearances for a player, with 588.
  • * Most Premier League assists (accurate records are only available from 2002 onwards).
  • * Only player to have played and scored in every Premier League campaign.
  • * Only player to have scored in sixteen different Champions League tournaments. (Includes eleven consecutive tournaments, 1996–97 to 2006–07; only Raúl has a better record with 14.)
  • * Most goals by a British player in the Champions League/European Cup proper history, and 14th overall (not including preliminary rounds).
  • * Most appearances by a Manchester United player.
  • * Most starts by a Manchester United player, started in 757 games.
  • * First player to score 100 Premier League goals for Manchester United.
  • * Second midfielder to have scored 100 goals in the Premier League for a single club (first being Matt Le Tissier).
  • * One of four Manchester United players to win two Champions League Medals (others are Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Wes Brown).
  • * Oldest (37 years, 289 days) player to score in the Champions League, when he scored against Benfica on 14 September 2011.
  • * One of two Manchester United Players to win at least 10 Top division medals (the other one is Paul Scholes.)

Edited by Sħãlïq̵'

Ryan Giggs will solidify his 'Player with most titles and championships ever' status if his Manchester United wins the 2011-'12 PL. A look at Giggs' club honours with Manchester United:

• * Premier League (12): 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
  • * FA Cup (4): 1993–94, 1995–96, 1998–99, 2003–04
  • * Football League Cup (4): 1991–92, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10
  • * FA Community Shield (8): 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
  • * UEFA Champions League (2): 1998–99, 2007–08
  • * UEFA Super Cup (1): 1991
  • * Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999
  • * FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

That' a total of 33 cups and trophies(!!!!). Goin' for 34!

Records:

• * Has won a record 12 top division English league titles as a player, and only Manchester United player to have winner's medals from all 12 Premier League title wins.
  • * Most Premier League appearances for a player, with 588.
  • * Most Premier League assists (accurate records are only available from 2002 onwards).
  • * Only player to have played and scored in every Premier League campaign.
  • * Only player to have scored in sixteen different Champions League tournaments. (Includes eleven consecutive tournaments, 1996–97 to 2006–07; only Raúl has a better record with 14.)
  • * Most goals by a British player in the Champions League/European Cup proper history, and 14th overall (not including preliminary rounds).
  • * Most appearances by a Manchester United player.
  • * Most starts by a Manchester United player, started in 757 games.
  • * First player to score 100 Premier League goals for Manchester United.
  • * Second midfielder to have scored 100 goals in the Premier League for a single club (first being Matt Le Tissier).
  • * One of four Manchester United players to win two Champions League Medals (others are Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Wes Brown).
  • * Oldest (37 years, 289 days) player to score in the Champions League, when he scored against Benfica on 14 September 2011.
  • * One of two Manchester United Players to win at least 10 Top division medals (the other one is Paul Scholes.)

And BTW, he was never given a red card!!

Torres with a hat trick today against QPR. For the limited amount of time I was able to watch, QPR was just awful They played with no fight whatsoever, which is kind of surprising considering they're on the brink of relegation.

Manchester derby is tomorrow at 3:00pm ET! While Manchester United has the experience, Manchester City has the momentum.

I missed the whole game, but was reading reports online that were saying an estimated 650 million people were watching the Manchester Derby. That's insane!

Unless Manchester City somehow trips up against Newcastle, they will win the league. :D

Race for the last Champions League spot just got more interesting as Arsenal draws 3-3 with Norwich. While they were looking like the favorites going into the game today, they are now the outsiders. Defense was again the problem for Arsenal. It was absolutely atrocious at times.