NLDS Discussion: Cardinals vs. Phillies

Cobb

Why is Lee still out there?

Because he hasn't pitched poorly. He is getting absolutely raped by these chicken shit bloops. The options in the bullpen, outside of Madson, are not good.

Seriously, the Cardinals have put 19 balls in play and 11 have fallen in for hits. Arguably 2 of them were "well struck". Nothing else Lee could have done.

he had 10 Ks too. I'm not trying to blame him, I'm just saying I'm shocked that Philly is losing to be honest

I've seen the BABIP stat mentioned a bit too much on this forum haha, baseball is baseball...

And, within baseball, there is a great deal of luck involved. BABIP shows that.

might have got rocked tomorrow night when they need Jackson! and now Carp can go game 5 if they need it!

Jaime Garcia would have been on regular rest tonight (not to mention he's a way tougher matchup on the Phillies than Carp). Carp would have been on 5 days rest for game 3. Don't get why there was such a rush to get Carp into the series. La Russa being La Russa. His players bailed him out tonight for sure.

Massive game in an hour and a half. Wish I was more confident, but Jaime Garcia is precisely the kind of pitcher that owns the Phillies regularly (talented, soft throwing lefty). At least JMJ will be in the lineup.