How would the Suns do without Amare?

Sun Tzu

if amare was out for the season, the suns would probably pull a wizards and decline greatly. he is a big part of why the suns have been successful and without him you lose a major cog in your system. not to overrate him, but for a big man his offensive game is really impressive although it still needs work. his defensive game is piss poor though, but he can get away with it in phx. lamarcus aldridge is not on the same level as stat, but if the suns somehow got LMA and outlaw from the blazer, i think the suns could pick it up and be a bubble playoff team.

This is truly incredible. There must be a spacetime disturbance or something, because I am the only human being in the world who remembers the 2005-2006 season.

Yeah, without Amare, we'd go 2-80. He's definitely the key to this team.

Yep, and without Nash, you'd be 80-2, right?

• Owner

Well, without Amare RIGHT NOW, the Suns would be in big trouble. That 2006 season still donned a roster of Marion, Bell and Diaw, and you see how well Bell and Diaw are doing in Charlotte (they really aren't that bad).

But today, there's no Marion, absolutely no defense at all, and it's Jason Richardson and a fairly old Grant Hill, with nobody up front other than Robin Lopez.

Well, without Amare RIGHT NOW, the Suns would be in big trouble. That 2006 season still donned a roster of Marion, Bell and Diaw, and you see how well Bell and Diaw are doing in Charlotte (they really aren't that bad).

But today, there's no Marion, absolutely no defense at all, and it's Jason Richardson and a fairly old Grant Hill, with nobody up front other than Robin Lopez.

And the 2006 Suns won 56 games. Even if we performed significantly worse, it would be far from a disastrous year.

Sarcasm. Suns fans think the team is better off without Nash, and people think the Suns are the worst team in the league without Amare. They'd be worse than before, but not by that much.

You've lost it. I think the exact opposite of both of those "facts."

1. Nash is our most valuable player.

2. Amare is very good, but the most overrated player in the league.

Subrtact Amare Stoudemire, and I predict a record of 47-35.

You've lost it. I think the exact opposite of both of those "facts."

1. Nash is our most valuable player.

2. Amare is very good, but the most overrated player in the league.

Subrtact Amare Stoudemire, and I predict a record of 47-35.

Wow, I said that some of the SUNS FANS think the team is better off without Nash, not ME. And I also said that the Suns would only be A BIT worse without Amare, while OTHER PEOPLE think the team would have the worst record in the league. Read more carefully.

Edited by Poe

• Owner

Wait, 47 wins with just Nash, Richardson and Hill? I don't know about that. Nash needs a screen and roll player to allow him to take his open jumpers, drive to the rim, or feed his primary option (and that would be Amare).

If there's no threat of the pick and roll, Nash will need a shooting threat...and there isn't one with Richardson or Hill.

The Mavericks won 53 games with Dirk, Finley, Jamison, Walker and Josh Howard, with Nash running the point.

I don't see a Nash, Richardson and Hill squad winning anywhere near 50 wins. Probably 40 or less, especially now that Nash has never averaged 20 or more points per game, his scoring is falling a bit, his assists numbers are back down to single digits, and he has never shot 50% or better without Amare or Marion by his side.

On the other hand, the Suns without Nash would be Amare, Richardson and Hill. I don't see how that's much better, at all, and would probably look like the Toronto Raptors.

I'd say they'd win atleast 40.

They still have solid players....

And as mentioned, they did great without Amare one year. But with guys like Marion gone, it'd be just slightly worse.

J-Rich, Nash, Hill, Frye, Amundson isn't a bad front 5. Not to mention what they'd get for Amare in return.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say they'd win atleast 40.

They still have solid players....

And as mentioned, they did great without Amare one year. But with guys like Marion gone, it'd be just slightly worse.

J-Rich, Nash, Hill, Frye, Amundson isn't a bad front 5. Not to mention what they'd get for Amare in return.

Honestly, I don't think Amundson could do very well playing the 5. Especially when we play against teams who have a 7'0 center, they will get a huge advantage over us.