WK5: Green Bay at Atlanta

Real Deal

The Falcons really messed up that game, and the Packers took advantage

-Rodgers was great at finding any open WR

- The Packers OL stepped up as the game progressed

-No other QB besides Phillip Rivers cries as much as Rodgers when things don't go his way

-Jemichael Finley is in no way, shape, or form a top five TE

-Matt Ryan is just a slightly above average QB

I think the Packers have a legitimate chance at going 16-0 during the regular season, especially with the cream-puff schedule they have.

^^LOL @ Finley not being top 5. He's arguably the best in the game.

And when did Rodgers start crying when things weren't going our way?

After Finley dropped about his tenth catch of the game, Rodgers was bitching, rolling his eyes, and pretty much crying after every incomplete pass.

Also, don't ever say he is arguably the best TE in the NFL. He is nowhere near the #1 TE in the NFL. Once he gets some hands, you can try and make a case for top five, but until then, not a chance.

He's not better than any of the following.

In no particular order:

Gronkowski

Witten

Gonzalez

Davis

Clark

Those five are clearly better than him, and there is no possible argument against them, and there are others that are probably better than him too, but those are questionable.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

ECN, why do you hate the Packers?

Mainly because some of their best players are completely over-hyped, and Rodgers on field attitude is becoming very similar to Phillip Rivers. Also, people calling Jemichael Finley the best TE in the NFL is about as funny as it gets.

The Packers have played well, but the ball-washing of Aaron Rodgers after such a short time being a great QB is quite amusing. When he shreds a team with a better pass defense than #15, then we can talk. Until then, the overrating of him is pretty absurd.

With that said, the Packers have a reasonable chance at going 16-0 during the regular season due to the fact that they are a very good team, and play the biggest cupcake schedule I've seen in a long time.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Mainly because some of their best players are completely over-hyped, and Rodgers on field attitude is becoming very similar to Phillip Rivers. Also, people calling Jemichael Finley the best TE in the NFL is about as funny as it gets.

The Packers have played well, but the ball-washing of Aaron Rodgers after such a short time being a great QB is quite amusing. When he shreds a team with a better pass defense than #15, then we can talk. Until then, the overrating of him is pretty absurd.

With that said, the Packers have a reasonable chance at going 16-0 during the regular season due to the fact that they are a very good team, and play the biggest cupcake schedule I've seen in a long time.

So the Super Bowl win was?

If Aaron is over hyped, was he lucky to win a title? Or was the Steelers defense cupcaked?

He played well that game. It was pretty apparent I was talking about this season with a top 15 pass defense.

A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I''m holding off on crowning him until he proves he can have consistent dominant seasons, and he's on his way to it, but not yet.

He played well that game. It was pretty apparent I was talking about this season with a top 15 pass defense.

A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I''m holding off on crowning him until he proves he can have consistent dominant seasons, and he's on his way to it, but not yet.

And yet you rank Rob Gronkowski as a top five TE.

:lol:

And yet you rank Rob Gronkowski as a top five TE.

:lol:

He's only one of the players I ranked in the top five TE's that I listed. However, if you are talking about him in particular, here is why he is better than Finley, and why I rank him high.

1. He had 10 TE's last season, which is more than any TE in the NFL

2. He has continued his success from last year with 5 TD's this year, and wasn't even supposed to play last game.

So, he has had continued success in just two seasons, and can actually stay on the field.

Now, if you're comparing him to Jemichael Finley, here is why Gronkowski is better.

He's bigger, stronger, faster, jumps higher, has much bigger and better hands, is a superior blocker, doesn't get injured, and is smarter (wonderlic test for what it's worth).

No, I understand your point, and Gronkowski is having back to back dominant seasons, proving his consistency. I don't think he would need to be consistent to be considered a premier TE anyways because of his obvious skill level.

And Aaron Rodgers is not. Neither is Finley. Nor does Gronkowski have the best QB in the league throwing him the ball.