Where does Denver's GM go from here?

Real Deal

I think this team is deep enough to make the playoffs for couple of years.. they got Gallinari, Chandler etc. all these players are young, talented and want to win. I think they need to resign all the young players and let the old ones go (if there are some). Than, if they manage to sign another good role player or even an all-star, I think they could go far in the playoffs.

Even with half of the roster gone (as shown on the roster page) via FA, the remaining half still has enough talent to make the Playoffs in the East, that's how talented the team is. If I was Ujiri, I would try and make a run for someone like Chris Paul or Dwight Howard, using 3-4 nice pieces that the other team would like.

The current team can make the Playoffs every year, for sure. For the next step, a superstar is needed.

Well they just lost Chandler, K-Mart and J.R. Smith to China so that really hurts (assuming we have a season this year).

Nene and Afflalo should be re-signed. Nene is one of the better centers in the league and Denver is desperate for size. Afflalo is just a good fit next to a guy like Gallinari and Lawson.

The bigger problem is that they have no one to build around. Gallinari and Lawson are good players but at best they're second options. This is a star driven league and you need a good centerpiece. To be honest, I don't know if they can make the playoffs as constructed right now considering who they've lost and if they do make it, it'll be a short stay. They need a star. Their biggest acquisition may have to come through the 2012 draft which could be a loaded one.