In two years, Stephen Curry or Monta Ellis?

• Owner

Simple question: in two seasons, who will be the better player? Curry is more efficient...didn't realize that until I looked up the stats, seems like Ellis' FG% dropped significantly since the middle of last season (around the last time I paid any attention to his stats).

However, while Curry is probably the more complete offensive player (he's more than a scorer), Ellis' defense is far superior, and he's steadily improving on that end of the floor as well (not an elite defender, still gambles a lot, but he defends star two-guards VERY well when he's locked in).

Do you think Curry will surpass Ellis as a complete player, and what does this all mean for the Warriors?

Stephen Curry will be the better player in two years.. this is just a prediction but I think this is what will happen.. Curry is a younger player and could pretty much be the player to build around for the Warriors. He's a terrific shooter and if he learns how to play defense and dish the ball better, he could be a special player

• 1 month later...

Stephen Curry is more efficient on the offensive end of the floor. His shooting percentages in every category is amongst the top of the league. He is not as turnover prone as expected (unless he does his one handed passes). He is a better play-maker as well, but he is a point guard while Monta Ellis is a natural two-guard.

Ellis is highly underrated on his perimeter defense. Like Brandon said, he still does gamble alot but his actual defense is at a good solid level right now and he seems to be improving on it. Call me crazy, but Ellis should be an all-star at least a couple of times before his career ends. I'm not saying he will be due to his lack of popularity and losing record, but he should be considered just as good as any of those all-star shooting guards not named Kobe or Wade.

As for two years, I think they will be at the same level. Both will excel in different categories, so it's really hard to pick which one will be the better player. However, I would rather build my franchise around Curry because he has potential to be a better player in the long run.