ESPN Player Rankings

Dr. Feelgood

Has anyone been paying attention to these rankings? They are ranking the top 500 players in the league and each day through the week, they release a little more going up.

I was pretty upset with LaMarcus' ranking at 23 with KG, Duncan, Love, and ZBo all ahead of him.

They just released 10-6 and Kobe ranked 7th while Blake Griffin ranked 10th...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6862838/nba-player-rankings-401-500

There's the link starting from 401-500 and you can navigate your way through it. I think this should spark some good discussion...hopefully.

• Owner

So...

LeBron

Wade

Dwight

Dirk

CP3

Durant

All better than the Kobester, huh? And I'm assuming that's probably the order, but then again, they've been jocking the hell out of Dirk since the championship, so he's probably above Howard.

Miami Heat FTW!

• Owner

Gasol > Melo? :lol:

Blake > Amar'e? :lol:

Blake > Melo? :lol:

List is turrible...

Kobe goes from #1 to #7 haha

I could probably give you an argument as to why Blake Griffin is already better than Amare (far better rebounder, doesn't turn the ball over as much, more dominant in the open court), but Gasol is nowhere near Carmelo, and I can't say that Griffin is better than Melo, either.

Griffin is not a top ten player in this league, give me a break. I find it funny that they rank Durant at #6 and leave Melo out of the top 10 despite both being relatively average defenders. Melo is a top 3 scorer in this league alongside Durant and Dirk, and one of the top clutch players in the league.

• Owner

Dr.Feelgood and Dee (technically not a guy)

Dee never said Kobe was the best in the league (I'm assuming she left out Wade and Howard, thinking both are above Bryant, maybe another). And, Feelgood may have put Kobe before the rest, but he didn't specifically say that was his order, either. People tend to say Bryant's name before anyone else's because he's been around longer, has five rings, and was the best player in the league for years.

Maybe Feelgood put Bryant as his top player, but Dee didn't.

EDIT: There ya go.

No way in hell Kobe is #7.. I'd put him in the 3-5 range.. IMO #3.. Griffin @ 10 is pushing it big time.. as well as durant @ 6 he's top 5...

Btw.. I just read the 5 on 5 debate.. one of the guys had Kobe too high?... the guy has pretty much played 4 years nonstop till this summer where he finally got an extended break.. my prediction is he'll come back strong when basketball returns.

Edited by ballorama

• Owner

Okay, wait...Rondo is better than Westbrook. Sorry.

And I can't believe Gasol is at #11. Kobe gets "penalized" for his performance in the playoffs, but Gasol is still at 11? What the hell is that? Gasol was a complete ghost out there for us almost every single game of the postseason, not just against Dallas.

• Owner
Arguing with my same slow buddies on twitter that are always wrong...this time it's about Kobe. People hate on Kobe, saying he isn't one of the best anymore because he's getting older, but he's still one of the best in the game and arguably the best of his generation. Also, I have to shake my head when people try to credit Shaq with the Lakers 3-peat and say Kobe had nothing to do with them. Shaq wouldn't have won those without Kobe. What do y'all think?

http://www.facebook.com/KevinDurant

Okay, wait...Rondo is better than Westbrook. Sorry.

I was going to say something about that too but the more I think about it I'd take Westbrook over Rondo. Now if we are talking PG, it's Rondo without question. However I think if we compare both players with their overall skill sets it's pretty even, maybe a slight edge to Westbrook because the league values offense more than defense.