while watching the Lions/49ers game...

Lkr

Was anyone else just waiting patiently for the eventual 49ers collapse and the Lions to capitalize on a mistake to win the game? It feels funny and weird to watch a Lions game and to feel shocked by a result in which they don't win. I just kept thinking, "okay, the 49ers are up now, but they can't possibly win, its the Lions ffs." When the Lions had the ball at the end of the game, I felt something similar as I did when the Patriots got the ball at the end of their game. "Oh, this is over, the Lions are going to drive down the field and win." It was no surprise to me when Tom Brady marched the Pats down the field to win the game, but Stafford's inability to lead the Lions down the field was a shock. I just find it weird to live in a world where the Lions are a team on the schedule that opponents have to prepare for

This team is legit finally and will give every team a fight with the way our defense has been playing this season. But yeah, you could maybe give our defense some credit like Blazed said. We were able to put pressure on Stafford with only 3-4 guys rushing and have solid coverage at the same time. All you haters can keep hating though... ;)

So instead of saying the niners d stopped them you say that stafford couldn't lead them down field? Give the d some credit. They put in work and gave stafford problems all game.

way to totally misinterpret the thread. good job bud...

I worded it just fine. Stafford did fail to lead the Lions down the field to score a winning TD

How about instead of stafford FAILING to lead his team to a win you say the niners d STOPPED him from scoring a game winning td. Cause that's what happened. The way you worded it insinuates that Detroit failed instead of San Francisco prevailing.

Insecurity of a fan who has been losing for quite some time now...give patience and a break..

No insecurities sir. I know my team has sucked for quite a while. We're no longer a laughing stock I just want the credit that they deserve. I'm just sick of everyone saying teams are losing games instead of us winning games. Plain and simple we WON that game. Noone handed it to those guys. They earned it.

• Like 3

No insecurities sir. I know my team has sucked for quite a while. We're no longer a laughing stock I just want the credit that they deserve. I'm just sick of everyone saying teams are losing games instead of us winning games. Plain and simple we WON that game. Noone handed it to those guys. They earned it.

Yet meanwhile Prodigy is running saying the 9ers lost the game the Cowboys won? Quite a double standard but calm down. It's only week 6. The Broncos started out 6-0 once, let's see the 9ers finish the season before we break the laughing stock tag.

Oh I didn't know me and prodigy were the same person. Man that's awesome. I just shed like half my body weight after one post. Before you compare us though remember that I actually agreed with you in saying that we shouldn't be 6-0. We deserved to lose that game against dallas. Not a double standard at all my friend. Seems like you're trying to be the next ecn cause all you do is come in to the threads I post in and bash the niners.

Oh I didn't know me and prodigy were the same person. Man that's awesome. I just shed like half my body weight after one post. Before you compare us though remember that I actually agreed with you in saying that we shouldn't be 6-0. We deserved to lose that game against dallas. Not a double standard at all my friend. Seems like you're trying to be the next ecn cause all you do is come in to the threads I post in and bash the niners.

Lol I don't bash the 9ers at all. First of all, I was in this thread before you lol. The only reason I quoted you is because you completely over reacted over a lkr post, just like you completely over reacted over my last one lol.

Insecurity.

Playoff births? Playoff wins? I know what you'll try and mention next, but it's a defense mechanism,

? I'm not trying to mention anything, I can really careless about past history but facts remain 49ers haven't won in a while and are finally winning. Cowboys never had problem winning, just winning in January.

Lol I don't bash the 9ers at all. First of all, I was in this thread before you lol. The only reason I quoted you is because you completely over reacted over a lkr post, just like you completely over reacted over my last one lol.

Insecurity.

fish7718 08 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Should be 0-4 y'all suck

Don't bash? Lol. I'm not overreacting at anything my friend. It's very hard for me to do so when I'm stoned. Lol. Anyway back to the topic. It seems like I make a positive comment about my niners and you come and try to shoot me down. I don't bash other teams. I'm a fan. A passionate yet realistic fan. I know Alex isn't a Brady or hell even a romo. But honestly I'm ok with it. I've been saying for years that all the niners need is a decent game manager and we'll make the playoffs. That's pretty much what he is now and I'm perfectly ok with that. Our d is top 5 and they stopped stafford. Stafford didn't choke.

R

Holy overreactions, Batman!

Lkr is trying to illustrate that he now expects the Lions to win week in and week out, whereas it hasn't been like that in over a decade. Their loss came as a surprise to him, and he isn't used to having to say that.

Holy overreactions, Batman!

Lkr is trying to illustrate that he now expects the Lions to win week in and week out, whereas it hasn't been like that in over a decade. Their loss came as a surprise to him, and he isn't used to having to say that.

No shit. Welcome to the conversation. I know what he's saying but what I'm saying is he stated that stafford didn't lead his team to the winning td instead of giving a sliver of credit to the niners for stopping them. I've already stated my point in this topic and I don't feel that I'm overreacting at all. Just sick of the d not getting their due respect. That is all.

No shit. Welcome to the conversation.

Welcome to the conversation that you're still not following? Weird.. the slow kid just tried to mock me.

I know what he's saying but what I'm saying is he stated that stafford didn't lead his team to the winning td instead of giving a sliver of credit to the niners for stopping them.

What makes the 49ers relevant to this topic? This wasn't about the 9ers/Lions game. It wasn't about an offense against a defense. It wasn't even about a team against a team. You're completely misinterpreting the thought process that went behind the post and are thus spinning it into something that it's not.

This isn't about the 49ers. It's about the evolution of the Detroit Lions organization. It's about the resiliency that the Detroit Lions have shown this year. It's about the Detroit Lions ability to overcome deficits all season. It's about Matt Stafford's 4th quarter comebacks. It's about a long mocked team becoming one of high respect.

I've already stated my point in this topic and I don't feel that I'm overreacting at all. Just sick of the d not getting their due respect. That is all.

Start a thread that pertains to the 49ers and their defense and I'm sure they'd get their "due respect". This thread isn't it. It was illustrating the Lions and how Lkr now feels that they have a chance to win every game, every week. How you twisted it into "respek da 9ers" is silly. Comb yo beard.

You know a team and its fans aren't very used to winning when they feel the need to defend them in situations that aren't even offensive. Good Lord.

• Like 1

No shit. Welcome to the conversation. I know what he's saying but what I'm saying is he stated that stafford didn't lead his team to the winning td instead of giving a sliver of credit to the niners for stopping them. I've already stated my point in this topic and I don't feel that I'm overreacting at all. Just sick of the d not getting their due respect. That is all.

Stafford failed to come up in the clutch. There is nothing false about that statement. I will give the 49ers respect when they beat a team better than Detroit. It has been clear for the past few weeks that while Detroit is a team on the rise, they are not an elite team yet. Yes, they shut down Tampa Bay. Good job. Other than that, they haven't really shut down any teams. They held the Eagles at their season average of PPG. I didn't want to discredit the 49ers, but the more you want to whine because of an unusual feeling I shared, the more I feel like I need to. I mean the 9ers only have 4 more games against potential playoff teams, so you'd better hope that they're as good as you're talking them up to be. This thread was in no way trying to bash the 49ers, but it's funny that you interpreted it as that.