F Ohio

reno

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/301138_2049232197053_1431900004_31674037_1377613805_n.jpg

feels sad man, over a dozen exotic animals escaped from a ohio zoo, police were told to shoot to kill. They never stood a chance ; (

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/exotic-animals-escape-ohio-preserve/2011/10/19/gIQAwPOnxL_gallery.html#photo=1

• Owner

That's not exactly what I read. It wasn't a zoo. The guy didn't have a permit for all of those animals, and many of them were dangerous (including the 300-pound Bengal tigers and a monkey with a deadly herpes B virus), and he let them all go to cause havoc right before he committed suicide.

• Owner

More like [expletive] the guy who let them go. He let all the animals go and then kills himself.

Yeah, he knew the animals were going to cause problems. That's exactly why he did that.

I just don't understand why no tranquilizers were used, but I'm assuming a lot of these animals were loose in residential areas, and in that case, there's really no time to set up something like that.

Yeah, he knew the animals were going to cause problems. That's exactly why he did that.

I just don't understand why no tranquilizers were used, but I'm assuming a lot of these animals were loose in residential areas, and in that case, there's really no time to set up something like that.

Yeah people are saying it was a "[expletive] you" to the residents who were complaining and a "[expletive] you" to the police as he'd been charged before.

I assume why tranquilizers weren't used was because of lack of resources. 50 plus dangerous animals escape close to a residential area so I don't know how prepared they could of been. Some of the Tigers weighed between 200-300 pounds if even the human society (or whatever Americans use for animal control) had tranquilizers powerful enough to put the animals down.

Guess we will find out in the next couple days or in a Dateline report lol.

Attempts to tranquilize some animals failed, county sheriff Matt Lutz told the Wall Street Journal. When a veterinarian tried to tranquilize a 300-pound tiger, “this thing just went crazy. It started to run into the wooded area and our officers took it down.”

Figured it was that. Still pretty sad though considering the animals didn't do anything.

This happend 30mins from my hometown, crazy shit. It is terrible that so many animals had to be killed, but it was also a serious issue for the town. It wasnt prepared for an event like that, nor am I sure really any small town is. All of the area highschools located near the town didnt have class yesterday, it was a pretty serious threat!All of the animals have been captured and unfortunatly killed, besides the monkey with the herpes virus.

• Owner

They said that this guy had a ton of chicken placed near his body, probably to get the animals' attention so they would eat him after he shot himself dead. I guess a Bengal tiger had bitten the top of his head, and was dragging him around a bit, immediately after he killed himself. WTF.